Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2021, 17:14   #1741
God Member

Re: Bits & Bobs

Not much chance of winning, notwithstanding own-goals, if you don’t have a single shot on target!
Guess no donkey rides next year for Accymad.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-05-2021, 18:57   #1742
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Not much chance of winning, notwithstanding own-goals, if you don’t have a single shot on target!
Guess no donkey rides next year for Accymad.
I'm quite happy to forgoe any trips to Blackpool, donkey rides or not if it means we don't have to put up with an invasion of the tangerine army again - bad enough that we'll have to put up with Bolton's supporters should away fans be allowed next season
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2021, 08:16   #1743
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I'm quite happy to forgoe any trips to Blackpool, donkey rides or not if it means we don't have to put up with an invasion of the tangerine army again - bad enough that we'll have to put up with Bolton's supporters should away fans be allowed next season
true. wanted lincoln to win but did not want to see blackpool fans again. we,ll probably play em in the league cup at home now. good luck today for our morecambe friends. if only ellison can miss the penalty that sends em up it will be a perfect day.
keep the faith likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2021, 08:24   #1744
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i would love morecambe to win but will feel sorry for amond and ellison if they do.
keep the faith and pifco like this.
Old 31-05-2021, 16:38   #1745
Full Member+

Congrats to Morecambe on getting promoted! Great job by Derek Adams and the players. Looking forward to some great games against em next season!
accytom18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2021, 16:49   #1746
God Member

Yeah, congratulations to Morecambe - in the end they were lucky that dodgy ref Bobby Maddely fell for O'Sullivan's dive & awarded them a penalty or they'd still have been playing now, still it's 6 points guaranteed next season so no complaints from me
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 31-05-2021, 17:05   #1747
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i would love morecambe to win but will feel sorry for amond and ellison if they do.
Morecambe are up in extra time its a good swop for blackpool imho.
Old 31-05-2021, 18:40   #1748
God Member

Well done to the Shrimpers.
But really? Was Madley given that match as reward for his outstanding performances this season?
AccyMad, cashman, pifco and 1 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2021, 18:49   #1749
Full Member+

Thanks for the congratulations.

We have had some shocking decisions from referees during the season otherwise we would have had automatic , maybe win it. So a bit of swings and roundabouts today so we won't complain !

Nice to have the derby match back on the agenda and Sunderland and Sheff.Weds.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:15   #1750
God Member

[QUOTE=Morecambe_Red;1254371]Thanks for the congratulations.

We have had some shocking decisions from referees during the season otherwise we would have had automatic , maybe win it. So a bit of swings and roundabouts today so we won't complain !

take it and be happy mate. no unlucky team has ever won a play off final. after what you and your club have gone through you deserve a break.
Old 01-06-2021, 08:27   #1751

By Jove! Well done Morecambe!
From staring into the abyss to promotion in one season is a remarkable achievement.
Which footie fan doesn't enjoy a trip to the seaside + a nice shrimp buffet to follow?
Haw haw!
Morecambe_Red likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:53   #1752
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Which footie fan doesn't enjoy a trip to the seaside + a nice shrimp buffet to follow? Haw haw!

Morecambe, I'd think "Crabs" would more likely be on offer.
Morecambe_Red likes this.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:03   #1753
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Morecambe, I'd think "Crabs" would more likely be on offer.
thats blackpool.
Old 01-06-2021, 12:25   #1754
God Member

The inevitable dodgy decisions by our friend Bobby yesterday helped the Shrimps to achieve their dream of promotion & I'm happy for them but on the other side of the coin, it surely begs the question why - with VAR being available at Wembley - it wasn't used in any of the play off finals when there is so much at stake, smacks of total disrespect to all teams beneath the precious premiership to me
Old 01-06-2021, 15:12   #1755
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

nailed it in 1 di.
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..