Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-07-2021, 13:59   #1801
Senior Member+

Re: Bits & Bobs

They can afford it so why is it crackers ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-07-2021, 16:41   #1802
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
They can afford it so why is it crackers ?
How do they afford it oh yeah rule bending to suit themselves get away with it because of the spineless authority,s running the game need sorting, hopefully change coming soon with this latest recommendation to the government and Oliver Dowden his impressed with the draft as I am as I have read it and promises if needed the government will force change and bring in regulators and more fan involvement. One of the better suggestion,s his the stupid system of parachute payments and looking to share them more equally, as for the move for Kane that's just my opinion on a very overated player in my opinion if he gets the pay check good for him but it in these times especially it is obscene.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2021, 18:22   #1803
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
How do they afford it oh yeah rule bending to suit themselves get away with it because of the spineless authority,s running the game need sorting, hopefully change coming soon with this latest recommendation to the government and Oliver Dowden his impressed with the draft as I am as I have read it and promises if needed the government will force change and bring in regulators and more fan involvement. One of the better suggestion,s his the stupid system of parachute payments and looking to share them more equally, as for the move for Kane that's just my opinion on a very overated player in my opinion if he gets the pay check good for him but it in these times especially it is obscene.
to me anytime its obscene. but no_one who can do anything about it will. cos they are all on the take.
Old 23-07-2021, 18:25   #1804

Quote:
I can see both arguments on this one. Yes it seems crazy. But thats the world we live in. People in third world countries who can't feed themselves or have access to clean water yet footballers get paid huge amounts.......what a very poor poor state of affairs....never mind football....
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2021, 19:49   #1805
Senior Member+

Quote:
Manchester City don't have to rule bend and if you think they're concerned about parachute payments ........... as if they will ever need them.
I drive a nice car because I can afford it.
If I came into a wedge I'd buy an even nicer car.
Some would call that obscene ... I would call it my choice and my business.
Old 23-07-2021, 20:52   #1806

Quote:
Manchester City don't have to rule bend and if you think they're concerned about parachute payments ........... as if they will ever need them.
Let them pay what they want but then levy the club for the transfer money and the player for his wages it wouldn't take long to build up a war chest that could fund the pyramid for decades to come.
andyd and monkey hanger like this.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2021, 07:09   #1807
God Member

Quote:
I have a brand new car wow me and the wife worked all our lives are both now not in the best of health but we get the car I have new because it's used a lot and more reliable than a banger, Man City are owned by a rich man who is to be fair probably one of the better ones , but football finances and unfair parachute payments , unscrupulous rich bosses who use a club as a play thing need reining in. If this upset,s them tough they get fed up and screw clubs over anyway. As for the obscene comments there are vastly overpaid very average players currently playing in this country but as said before can't blame them for taking it. But how far do you let it go reading and research is useful Rovers this morning announced financial problems with out good owners the Venkys they would be probably be close to a Bury. Also struggling to attract new fans as trying to recoup money they have hiked prices up, people,s habits will have changed during this pandemic that will in time be proven to be right, a lot of football clubs are struggling some through being badly run some affected badly by this pandemic so just carry on City but just remember not so long ago you were playing at our level.

Last edited by andyd; 24-07-2021 at 07:12.
Old 24-07-2021, 08:59   #1808
God Member

all these problems are not new to the game. i might or might not be a million miles from what started this problem in the first place though. the end of the maximum wage. this eventually caused over the last 30 years to the game being taken away from the average guy in the street. some will have had near neighbors who were pro footballers but not anymore. by what my sister told me my old man did not do badly out of football. best dressed kid in a decent terraced street. he told me that money was never a problem even in the 1930,s as even league 3 wages were above what the average worker got with far less work involved in getting it.
andyd likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2021, 12:54   #1809
Full Member+

MH I wouldn't dipute the fact that some pro footballers were on a fair wage in the 30s as I wasn't around then but in the 50s I can remember even the top English international players i.e. Tom Finney, Stan Mortensen etc. needing a second job because they couldn't make a do out of their football money.
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2021, 08:44   #1810
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pifco View Post
MH I wouldn't dipute the fact that some pro footballers were on a fair wage in the 30s as I wasn't around then but in the 50s I can remember even the top English international players i.e. Tom Finney, Stan Mortensen etc. needing a second job because they couldn't make a do out of their football money.
actually lower league players in the late 70,s and 80,s were on worse money than a lot of us were on in that period. there were a few at stockport and rochdale where i would not get out of bed for the money they were on. i was a bus driver at the time and was regularly asked for a loan of a couple of players i knew. just imagine that happening today even at a club with the lowest playing budget in the league. as for players having second jobs it was as much a thing about carrying on with them for the future as it was about not managing on the football wage.
cashman and andyd like this.
Old 25-07-2021, 09:39   #1811
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
actually lower league players in the late 70,s and 80,s were on worse money than a lot of us were on in that period. there were a few at stockport and rochdale where i would not get out of bed for the money they were on. i was a bus driver at the time and was regularly asked for a loan of a couple of players i knew. just imagine that happening today even at a club with the lowest playing budget in the league. as for players having second jobs it was as much a thing about carrying on with them for the future as it was about not managing on the football wage.
A firm I worked at in the eighties payed good money lad there can't remember his name full back worked their and played for Colne Dynamoes and got £150 game sometimes playing twice a week, Rochdale and a host of clubs were after him couldn't match his wages.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 25-07-2021, 10:02   #1812
God Member

Quote:
A firm I worked at in the eighties payed good money lad there can't remember his name full back worked their and played for Colne Dynamoes and got £150 game sometimes playing twice a week, Rochdale and a host of clubs were after him couldn't match his wages.
there were loads of similar cases around that time across the country where previously it only happened with professional guys and those with really good jobs near the top. know rochdale for one in the 80,s stopped looking at any non league players because of the wages issue. they did sign one but only really on his terms as a part time player.
Old 25-07-2021, 11:54   #1813
God Member

Joey Barton in court tomorrow charged with assaulting another manager and a woman, wonder if found guilty if he will remain in charge at Bristol Rovers.
Old 25-07-2021, 13:38   #1814
God Member

Quote:
Joey Barton in court tomorrow charged with assaulting another manager and a woman, wonder if found guilty if he will remain in charge at Bristol Rovers.
In which case….in steps Yosser?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2021, 13:40   #1815
Senior Member+

Quote:
Tomorrow has nothing to do with another Manager mate - that's later in the year.
Charge is assault by beating .......... against his wife on 2 June.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..