Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2021, 09:53   #1876
Senior Member+

Re: Bits & Bobs

It is a breach but the mitigation arguments - one day out, due to game being moved, player an unused sub - surely "don't let it happen again / slap on wrists" would have been enough.
AccyMad, cashman, pifco and 2 others like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-08-2021, 09:56   #1877
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
It is a breach but the mitigation arguments - one day out, due to game being moved, player an unused sub - surely "don't let it happen again / slap on wrists" would have been enough.
That doesn't happen with " small " clubs they seem to revel in wielding their power on fining such as us but failing entirely on the bigger issues facing the game.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2021, 10:06   #1878
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
That doesn't happen with " small " clubs they seem to revel in wielding their power on fining such as us but failing entirely on the bigger issues facing the game.
I think that's a bit unfair the rule book is the rule book and the rule's been broken. I don't think the status of the club changes that. It's the lack of common sense. However I know as a fact the EFL are paranoid about setting precedents.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2021, 10:28   #1879
God Member

Quote:
a bigger suspended sentance would have been fairer. however we do not know if a precidant has been set by another club before we were charged in years gone by. i,m sure a team was kicked out of the FA Cup some years ago on a similar incident to ours, a non playing sub.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2021, 10:50   #1880
God Member

Quote:
I think that's a bit unfair the rule book is the rule book and the rule's been broken. I don't think the status of the club changes that. It's the lack of common sense. However I know as a fact the EFL are paranoid about setting precedents.
I haven't and neither does the club have an issue about braking the rules and the club has held its hand up, but following the ludricous £7000 fine handed out to Stanley and 33 other clubs for breaching Covid rules but following government guidance shows to me that the EFL are weak and are good at wielding the rule book but not so good at standing up to the real problems in football that we all know about.
Old 13-08-2021, 13:25   #1881
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
a bigger suspended sentance would have been fairer. however we do not know if a precidant has been set by another club before we were charged in years gone by. i,m sure a team was kicked out of the FA Cup some years ago on a similar incident to ours, a non playing sub.
We were kicked out of the then JPT Trophy for fielding Ray Putterill who had been given a ban whilst playing Sunday league football that we didn't know about
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2021, 13:28   #1882
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
We were kicked out of the then JPT Trophy for fielding Ray Putterill who had been given a ban whilst playing Sunday league football that we didn't know about
Ray Putterill what a player he could have been without his recurring back problems potentially could have been one of our best midfielder,s ever shame.
Old 13-08-2021, 14:20   #1883

Quote:
I Definitely wouldn't pay this one based on the fact that it was the FL who changed the date of the match, not the clubs, not SKY and not GOD but the EFL
themselves so surely its their responsibility to keep the paperwork up to date and at the very least send the club a reminder and not go trawling for misdemeanours that they can then at a later date issue fines for.
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2021, 22:06   #1884

Quote:
Alas, in these situations, fair play, justice & common sense are low on the EFL agenda.
What is on their agenda is raising cash. It would be of interest to know exactly how much of their annual revenue comes from fines?
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2021, 23:05   #1885
Senior Member+

A sensible EFL, acting in its members' interests, as one would expect, would have anticipated this situation when they changed the season's end-date and given teams a gentle reminder to check the final dates of players' contracts. After all, they have this information on their records.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2021, 07:40   #1886
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
A sensible EFL, acting in its members' interests, as one would expect, would have anticipated this situation when they changed the season's end-date and given teams a gentle reminder to check the final dates of players' contracts. After all, they have this information on their records.
In other situations, it might even be regarded as a deliberate ‘sting’ by an unscrupulous agency to screw money out of punters.
How much notice did the EFL give of the enforced date change?
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2021, 11:04   #1887
God Member

Ipswich Town in the relegation zone some fans on their forum already questioning Cook,s management reign and who could do a better job the perils of being a " big " club.
Old 29-08-2021, 11:17   #1888
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Ipswich Town in the relegation zone some fans on their forum already questioning Cook,s management reign and who could do a better job the perils of being a " big " club.
Stevie Wonder he aint a SNAKE
Old 29-08-2021, 13:02   #1889
Senior Member+

I think I'll try Coalville Town tomorrow. 1pm KO, at home.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2021, 17:39   #1890
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
I think I'll try Coalville Town tomorrow. 1pm KO, at home.
Haven’t they got a striker we could loan?
MikeA likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..