Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree1405Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2021, 10:18   #1906
Senior Member+
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Dan Jewell on Twitter with a personal update Conneelly another 45 minutes with the under 23,s, John O, Sullivan back training with the first team, Joe Pritchard not pain free, Harry Pell suspended and bad news on Harvey Rodgers small fracture in his leg out for at least 6 weeks. Bits of good news in their but shame about Joe and Harvey consistently two of our better players last season.
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-09-2021, 10:23   #1907
Senior Member+
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Nottingham forest sack Chris Hughton.
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2021, 08:31   #1908
Senior Member+
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Derby County set to be handed a 12 points deduction by the EFL if Mel Morris in his quest to sell the club fails by avoiding administration, should have been done last season Wycombe a honest well run club shafted by EFL,s dithering and it looks like favouring so called " bigger clubs " .

Last edited by andyd; 18-09-2021 at 08:35.
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2021, 08:38   #1909
Senior Member+
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Derby County handed a 12 points deduction by the EFL suiting Mel Morris in his quest to sell the club by avoiding administration, should have been done last season Wycombe a honest well run club shafted by EFL,s dithering and it looks like favouring so called " bigger clubs " .
nothing new there about the different treatment of the so called bigger clubs to the have nots of the game. they will be quite quick to throw oldham to the wolves if their current problems carry on.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2021, 11:19   #1910
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Bits & Bobs

the relevant authorities are total rubbish always have been i often wondered about the honesty of them. cos no-ones that thick surely.?
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2021, 08:54   #1911
Senior Member+
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Attendance figure,s last full season average attendance was 2862 after 4 games played this season it is 2812 so bang on average already let's hope after 23 games we can for the first time at our present stadium we can reach an average of 3000+ that would IMHO be a significant milestone in the quest to attract new fans.
cashman and pifco like this.
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2021, 11:41   #1912
Senior Member
 
Lord Stiffupperlip's Avatar
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Attendance figure,s last full season average attendance was 2862 after 4 games played this season it is 2812 so bang on average already let's hope after 23 games we can for the first time at our present stadium we can reach an average of 3000+ that would IMHO be a significant milestone in the quest to attract new fans.
Reaching an average home attendance of 3000 would hardly be a 'significant milestone'.
Sadly, we'd still be rock bottom of the attendance table for L1.
Incidentally, there are 15 x L2 teams & 6 x National League teams with better attendances.
The problem with quoting average attendances; or in Stanley's case - the benefit, is that they include the opposition.
As in yesterdays case - where they outnumbered us!
Scraping just over 2k home fans for a L1 derby match on a balmy summer Saturday against a top 2 side is embarrassing, let alone reason for optimism.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2021, 11:50   #1913
Full Member+
 
Crown Grounder's Avatar
 

Talking Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Reaching an average home attendance of 3000 would hardly be a 'significant milestone'.
Sadly, we'd still be rock bottom of the attendance table for L1.
Incidentally, there are 15 x L2 teams & 6 x National League teams with better attendances.
The problem with quoting average attendances; or in Stanley's case - the benefit, is that they include the opposition.
As in yesterdays case - where they outnumbered us!
Scraping just over 2k home fans for a L1 derby match on a balmy summer Saturday against a top 2 side is embarrassing, let alone reason for optimism.
You be embarrassed my friend...........I for one am not embarrassed about Accrington Stanley its achievements and its supporters. Your glass may be half empty, but mine is always half full.
AccyMad, cashman, pifco and 3 others like this.
Crown Grounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2021, 11:57   #1914
Senior Member+
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Reaching an average home attendance of 3000 would hardly be a 'significant milestone'.
Sadly, we'd still be rock bottom of the attendance table for L1.
Incidentally, there are 15 x L2 teams & 6 x National League teams with better attendances.
The problem with quoting average attendances; or in Stanley's case - the benefit, is that they include the opposition.
As in yesterdays case - where they outnumbered us!
Scraping just over 2k home fans for a L1 derby match on a balmy summer Saturday against a top 2 side is embarrassing, let alone reason for optimism.
What absolute rubbish every team counts away fans in but if we post 3000+ we will have doubled our average gate inclusive of away fans in just over 6 years tell me which other side as achieved that and it's a big ask but in another 6 years we could average a capacity gate average.
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2021, 12:02   #1915
Senior Member+
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Tuesday evening 21st, October 2014 3-1 victory against Hartlepool in league 2 attendance 947 and I
was proud to be there to witness the victory. 4517 yesterday a rise of 377%. .
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.

Last edited by andyd; 19-09-2021 at 12:08.
andyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2021, 13:14   #1916
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Bits & Bobs

i think some may forget we are 5/6 miles between blackburn and burnley and in 62 when we had no team many football fans went to those clubs and took the kids with em, when yeh have only ever watched 1 club why would yeh go stanley? that sort of thing dont happen imho.me and a few more came back cos we wouldnt have gone in the first place, thats what i think.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2021, 13:56   #1917
Senior Member
 
Lord Stiffupperlip's Avatar
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
You be embarrassed my friend...........I for one am not embarrassed about Accrington Stanley its achievements and its supporters. Your glass may be half empty, but mine is always half full.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Tuesday evening 21st, October 2014 3-1 victory against Hartlepool in league 2 attendance 947 and I was proud to be there to witness the victory. 4517 yesterday a rise of 377%. .
Firstly 'CG', I am not embarrassed about Accrington Stanley, a club I have been following since their Peel Park days - when attendances were something to be proud of.
My earlier post consisted of FACTS! regarding current attendance, which is beyond the control of the club.
Nor is it a criticism of the loyal hard-core fans who actually attend games - of whom I am one.
Yesterday's game involved a 90 mile round trip & cost me c.£50 including travel, ticket, food & drink - so don't tell me I am embarrassed about my club.

Secondly 'andyd', I fail to see the relevance of your comparison with the Hartlepool game back in 2014?
Did Pool fans contribute 55% of the gate (as Wigan did). If not, then your estimation of an 377% increase from then to now is frankly absurd.
Why do so many on here get prickly & Oh so defensive when the subject of poor attendance is raised?
It's not my fault, your fault or the clubs fault. It's just a cold hard fact.
Unfortunately, you can't argue with facts. Even though they may be embarrassing.
Twenty Eight likes this.

Last edited by Lord Stiffupperlip; 19-09-2021 at 14:04.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2021, 14:02   #1918
Senior Member+
 
choirboy's Avatar
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

I believe that if the 2,000 Stanley supporters who attended yesterday v Wigan could become the ‘regular hardcore’ supporters of Stanley then that would be another magnificent step in our continued growth. That could well be the basis of an average gate of 3,000 which would also be a magnificent achievement. Certainly nothing to be embarrassed about IMHO!
Yesterday was a wonderful day, except for the 1-4 score line!
To see the old Crown ground, now The Wham Stadium, nearly full to capacity with the superb support from both sets of fans, the colour and the singing and the flags was incredible for the likes of some of us who have watched Stanley when 300 was a large attendance and the pitch was like a muddy dish with mainly cinder surroundings!
The current Wigan team, IMHO, are favourites to go up as Champions and I think that they probably would have beaten most of the clubs in the Championship yesterday!
PROUD TO BE A STANLEY SUPPORTER….
PROUD OF WHAT WE HAVE ACHIEVED BOTH BEFORE ANDY HOLT CAME AND SINCE HE CAME ONTO THE SCENE.
ON STANLEY ON!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2021, 15:04   #1919
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Bits & Bobs

I think what we have achieved since andy holt came has been virtually the impossible? i never thought i would live to see us in this division. with our resources.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2021, 19:05   #1920
Full Member+
 
Crown Grounder's Avatar
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Firstly 'CG', I am not embarrassed about Accrington Stanley, a club I have been following since their Peel Park days - when attendances were something to be proud of.
My earlier post consisted of FACTS! regarding current attendance, which is beyond the control of the club.
Nor is it a criticism of the loyal hard-core fans who actually attend games - of whom I am one.
Yesterday's game involved a 90 mile round trip & cost me c.£50 including travel, ticket, food & drink - so don't tell me I am embarrassed about my club.

Unfortunately, you can't argue with facts. Even though they may be embarrassing.
There you go again.........I don't see or agree with your use of the word " embarassing". Still let's not get bothered about that. See you at Morecambe next Saturday.
choirboy likes this.
Crown Grounder is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 18:54.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.38345 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1