Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2021, 23:11   #1921

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
There you go again.........I don't see or agree with your use of the word " embarassing". Still let's not get bothered about that. See you at Morecambe next Saturday.
You clearly implied (#1913) that I was quote; 'embarrassed by Accrington Stanley, it's a achievements & supporters'
What is embarrassing, considering our clubs remarkable success, is its lack of support.
Or perhaps we should be proud of Accringtons stubborn refusal to appreciate its greatest asset?
Ps. Already got me ticket for Morecambe mate, see you there!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-09-2021, 08:20   #1922

Support for the club from the town is shocking.
Support from the fans is superb.

I think years of Stanley being a bit of a joke grates a lot of supporters of a certain vintage. I would posit this is where some supporters' intolerance for criticism of the club comes from.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2021, 08:41   #1923
God Member

Fascinating insight by Andy Holt on twitter this morning about the Dion Charles situation and how Stanley operate in the transfer market and the funding of the academy and under 23,s, also how we trawl non league for potential " golden nuggets " I urge anyone on here who doesn't use twitter to start just to read Andy,s posts.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2021, 09:33   #1924

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
Support for the club from the town is shocking.
Support from the fans is superb.
I think years of Stanley being a bit of a joke grates a lot of supporters of a certain vintage. I would posit this is where some supporters' intolerance for criticism of the club comes from.
Spot on 'I.M.'
Unfortunately, some decided to view my earlier comment on poor home attendance as an insult against the club & its supporters, where none was intended.
Any criticism was aimed at stay-away fans. You know the type - the ones who'll turn up in droves if we draw Ronaldo in the FA Cup!
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2021, 10:58   #1925
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Spot on 'I.M.'
Unfortunately, some decided to view my earlier comment on poor home attendance as an insult against the club & its supporters, where none was intended.
Any criticism was aimed at stay-away fans. You know the type - the ones who'll turn up in droves if we draw Ronaldo in the FA Cup!
every club in the land gets some of them no good bothering about it live with it.
andyd likes this.
Old 20-09-2021, 11:20   #1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
You clearly implied (#1913) that I was quote; 'embarrassed by Accrington Stanley, it's a achievements & supporters'
What is embarrassing, considering our clubs remarkable success, is its lack of support.
Or perhaps we should be proud of Accringtons stubborn refusal to appreciate its greatest asset?
Ps. Already got me ticket for Morecambe mate, see you there!
Understood. It was never my intention to offend you. Facts in themselves can't be embarassing, it is only people who can be enbarassed. It's semantics lets move on. Glad you can get to next weeks game. Come on Stanley!!
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2021, 14:57   #1927
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Tuesday evening 21st, October 2014 3-1 victory against Hartlepool in league 2 attendance 947 and I
was proud to be there to witness the victory. 4517 yesterday a rise of 377%. .
Great comparison that ....... not.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2021, 21:10   #1928
God Member

Great to see more progress at the " poorly supported club " with the continuation of the 3 year plan for the playing surface with the probably last piece in the jigsaw of the stitching in of the Hybrid system that will fingers crossed prove to keep the surface in tip top shape throughout the season. Might not rival long standing clubs attendance,s but the pitch will rival some of the best in the country, wonder if that comparison will bring any such negative response,s as the previous post ��
Old 21-09-2021, 21:26   #1929

Re Hartlepool game
I remember Crooks played up front in this game and missed a sitter in front of the Clayton End. I didnt realise he had come on for Wyke of all people.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2021, 07:36   #1930
Senior Member+

Quote:
Great to see more progress at the " poorly supported club " with the continuation of the 3 year plan for the playing surface with the probably last piece in the jigsaw of the stitching in of the Hybrid system that will fingers crossed prove to keep the surface in tip top shape throughout the season. Might not rival long standing clubs attendance,s but the pitch will rival some of the best in the country, wonder if that comparison will bring any such negative response,s as the previous post ��
Andy,
Stats for stats sake.
Even you should realise comparing those two games and attendances was pointless.
Accrington v Donny

10/18 2327
4/19 7222
12/19 7444
8/21 2223

Proves nothing.
choirboy likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2021, 07:45   #1931
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i think some may forget we are 5/6 miles between blackburn and burnley and in 62 when we had no team many football fans went to those clubs and took the kids with em, when yeh have only ever watched 1 club why would yeh go stanley? that sort of thing dont happen imho.me and a few more came back cos we wouldnt have gone in the first place, thats what i think.
as kids you start going to games with a parent or similar. no kid between 1962 and 2006 had the opportunity to watch league football in accrington so went somewhere else. non league is fine for some but is not everyones cupof tea. anyone born the day stanley were kicked out could be actually in a position by 2006 not taking their kids for their first game but their grandkids.
cashman and andyd like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2021, 07:52   #1932
God Member

Quote:
Tuesday evening 21st, October 2014 3-1 victory against Hartlepool in league 2 attendance 947 and I
was proud to be there to witness the victory. 4517 yesterday a rise of 377%. .
doubt there is a team in league football with an increase like that for a league game. my local team halifax town rarely got attendances like that when they were in the third tier of the league in a town of 90,000 plus inhabitants with larger towns like brighouse and elland close by.
andyd likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2021, 08:12   #1933
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Andy,
Stats for stats sake.
Even you should realise comparing those two games and attendances was pointless.
Accrington v Donny

10/18 2327
4/19 7222
12/19 7444
8/21 2223

Proves nothing.
It wasn't pointless we got 3 for beating Hartlepool.
choirboy likes this.
Old 22-09-2021, 08:18   #1934
God Member

My point about attendance,s at Stanley isn't about proving points or stats it's just some fans are " embarrassed or mad or whatever we don't get full house,s every week " it doesn't work like that we aren't stuck in a fifties time warp there is so much more on offer than a freezing night at the Wham we are going in the right direction, pitch Fabulous, training ground close, Fabulous facilities being created the hardest thing is dragging people along but I am confident we will reach 3000+ or even 3500+ average gates which would be a marvelous achievement in a relatively short space of time.
Old 22-09-2021, 08:38   #1935
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Andy,
Stats for stats sake.
Accrington v Donny

10/18 2327
4/19 7222
12/19 7444
8/21 2223

Proves nothing.
Exackerley Twenty Eight….
However, it does prove that you can read and type correctly!
andyd likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..