Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2021, 15:15   #1981
God Member

Re: Bits & Bobs

Good interview.
Basically, Coley said that Charles told him, presumably over the summer transfer window, that if no club came in for him, then he would sign a new contract. And now he’s “reneged” on that understanding. It’s entirely in Charles’ court, Coley’s door is always open, etc, etc.
The only possible fly in the ointment is the story, if it’s true, that Hibs made a derisory offer (250k) late on the very last day of the summer transfer window when Stanley, and presumably all the management, were preparing for an evening game (maybe the Barrow paint pot match?). Too little, too late.
But perhaps Charles thinks the club, and the management, should have just accepted this ‘joke’ bid, so his promise about resigning no longer applies
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-11-2021, 15:36   #1982
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Good interview.
Basically, Coley said that Charles told him, presumably over the summer transfer window, that if no club came in for him, then he would sign a new contract. And now he’s “reneged” on that understanding. It’s entirely in Charles’ court, Coley’s door is always open, etc, etc.
The only possible fly in the ointment is the story, if it’s true, that Hibs made a derisory offer (250k) late on the very last day of the summer transfer window when Stanley, and presumably all the management, were preparing for an evening game (maybe the Barrow paint pot match?). Too little, too late.
But perhaps Charles thinks the club, and the management, should have just accepted this ‘joke’ bid, so his promise about resigning no longer applies
Ta for that exile beats me why coley is humouring this waster?
Old 22-11-2021, 15:43   #1983
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Good interview.
My understanding from a decent source was that Hibs bid didn't happen there was a bid but not them apparently.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2021, 16:35   #1984
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I could not hear it at all my hearing is very bad wish coley would speak up a bit.

Even then Cashy you'd struggle to hear what he's saying due to his accent.
Old 22-11-2021, 17:40   #1985

Talking Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
I could not hear it at all my hearing is very bad wish coley would speak up a bit.
Hi Cashy, I'm also hard of hearing and often wear hearing aids but not all the time..........Don't know what you are listening to the interviews on? Laptop, smart phone or tablet? But whatever you are using try plugging in either a pair of ear buds (in the ear type) or big ear-phones on your head. I listen on a laptop and I couldn't hear Coley on full volume until I put a pair of big ear-phone on.......then I could hear.....try and give it a go....just trying to help....
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2021, 19:04   #1986
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Hi Cashy, I'm also hard of hearing and often wear hearing aids but not all the time..........Don't know what you are listening to the interviews on? Laptop, smart phone or tablet? But whatever you are using try plugging in either a pair of ear buds (in the ear type) or big ear-phones on your head. I listen on a laptop and I couldn't hear Coley on full volume until I put a pair of big ear-phone on.......then I could hear.....try and give it a go....just trying to help....
cheers mate will try when i manage to find where ive put the headphones.
Old 22-11-2021, 19:56   #1987
God Member

Quote:
cheers mate will try when i manage to find where ive put the headphones.
First find your specs!
cashman likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2021, 21:11   #1988

If you put the Dion Charles debacle to one side we appear to be missing another striker,
We took a young lad from West Brom who looks off the pace whenever he gets game time.

What was the point in bringing him in if he's not up to it? Did no-one bother to check him out first?
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 18:23   #1989
God Member

Another one bites the dust, Doncaster have sacked Richie Wellens
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 21:56   #1990
God Member

German Bundasleage to restrict crowds to 50% in response to new wave of COVID not again. Hopefully we will get through it unscathed.
Old 02-12-2021, 22:35   #1991
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
German Bundasleage to restrict crowds to 50% in response to new wave of COVID not again. Hopefully we will get through it unscathed.
Wouldn't affect Stanley much if that was the case over here Andy only when we play one of the so called Big Boys
Hopefully it wont come to that !!
andyd likes this.
Old 02-12-2021, 23:08   #1992
mab
God Member

Crainey: We know it’s going to be a real battle against Accrington https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1106500606 Match Preview https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1106458310?-16430:2026
Old 03-12-2021, 17:27   #1993
God Member

Young Liam Coyle has won the fans player of the month well deserved I voted for him one bright spark in some shocking performance,s needed in the side for me gain experience and confidence has all the tools in his box for a outstanding talent in the engine room.
cashman and choirboy like this.
Old 03-12-2021, 21:15   #1994
mab
God Member

Well done Liam ! https://www.itv.com/news/granada/202...d-players-life
MikeA, cashman, choirboy and 3 others like this.
Old 04-12-2021, 19:27   #1995
God Member

Just to round off a bloody good day for Stanley comes the news that our friend Mr. Cook has been 'relieved of his duties' at Ipswich. When they appointed him I gave him till Christmas, he didn't even get quite that far
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..