Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2019, 19:48   #361

Re: Bits & Bobs

To you, to me. Keep on keeping on, Cashyweb would be boring without your witty little ditties.
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2019, 20:13   #362
Senior Member+

So Stanley didn't have a team between 62 and 2006 hmm. If you were around in 1970 you might recall Stanley begin the long road back, highlighted by winning the game which saw the bunch of turds promoted again, this time to division two and that was 15 April 2004. Get your facts right before you start insulting the team that some of us have supported since the 1950s.
cashman likes this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 20:16   #363
Senior Member+

My mistake, sorry 15 April 2006.
Old 13-02-2019, 20:53   #364
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
So Stanley didn't have a team between 62 and 2006 hmm. If you were around in 1970 you might recall Stanley begin the long road back, highlighted by winning the game which saw the bunch of turds promoted again, this time to division two and that was 15 April 2004. Get your facts right before you start insulting the team that some of us have supported since the 1950s.
Of course we had a team during that time, I myself started watching around 1975 but some didn't want to watch non league football or had already switched to watching Rovers or Burnley in the years between Stanley's demise in 62 & the resurgence in 68, Don't quite understand that myself as I can't imagine that I would've been able to truly support another team if we'd gone out of existence in 2009 as we were so close to doing but I guess it's each to their own
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2019, 21:43   #365

Quote:
I think youll find i was having a dig at Cashman and the fact that he abandoned Stanley in favour of watching Rovers until Stanley once again brought League football back to Accrington. Im well aware of the part you played back then as well.

By the way Bry, if we're talking about getting facts right you might want to check that date again ...
Old 14-02-2019, 01:48   #366
Senior Member+

Just heard Blackpool are in receivership for 25 million? Or is that old news?
Old 14-02-2019, 06:03   #367
God Member

Quote:
Just heard Blackpool are in receivership for 25 million? Or is that old news?
Only happened yesterday so not so old Ossy Kid
It's a shame but apparently the only way they could get rid of the odious Oysten's grip on the club, good luck to them
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 07:08   #368

EFL going to decide at their next meeting whether the 12 point deduction should apply to Blackpool.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 07:44   #369
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus2nd View Post
I think youll find i was having a dig at Cashman and the fact that he abandoned Stanley in favour of watching Rovers until Stanley once again brought League football back to Accrington. Im well aware of the part you played back then as well.

By the way Bry, if we're talking about getting facts right you might want to check that date again ...
That just demonstrates how dense yeh are to me, I abandoned nobody, we did not have a team anymore and i was a teenage football fan, so i went to watch elsewhere, hard to grasp i know. My late dad and many other older people never went to another game anywhere, that explanation is for di, who i know for a fact has a grasp of things.
Old 14-02-2019, 09:21   #370

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
This sorta thing has always gone on at stanley, since we been in league, yet some still sing how super J.C is.
I’ve read some ridiculous comments on here in the past but this has to be up there.
Do you actually remember where we have came from? Coley took over in 99 and the rise of this club under him and Jimmy has been unbelievable. That for me makes them SUPER.
Yes he makes mistakes, who doesn’t. But to turn around and criticise other fans who clearly see what he has done for this club is absurd.
I’m not sure you recognise the size of achievement for a club like ours to be at this level. You should pop down to some conference north games to see how big some of them clubs are in comparison to us and are now 3 divisions below.
ASFC1019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2019, 09:43   #371

So what happened in 68 when the rallying call went out?
Old 14-02-2019, 11:27   #372
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
So what happened in 68 when the rallying call went out?
Its sod all to do with you.
Old 14-02-2019, 12:17   #373

Dense
Old 14-02-2019, 12:23   #374
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Dense
Glad the penny has finally dropped, but dont be hard on yerself.
Old 14-02-2019, 16:21   #375

The only thing dropping is your IQ level me owd mucker

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..