Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree705Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2020, 16:08   #811
Senior Member+
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats not a shock hes a right cheating sod.
Don't disagree susposidly awful to work for but passed the fit and proper test.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-07-2020, 17:30   #812
Senior Member+
 
Exile on Spencer St's Avatar
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Mike Ashley still 100% behind the Saudi deal and hasn't ruled out them coming back.
Maybe the Saudis realised that, like a shopper in Sports Direct, if what you buy from him isn’t up to scratch you don’t get your money back, just a voucher for more rubbish.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 17:56   #813
Senior Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Mike Ashley still 100% behind the Saudi deal and hasn't ruled out them coming back.
Extra extra read all about it Premier club owner wants deal resurrecting because its 50 mill more than anyone else will pay ..........
Im shocked !
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 18:05   #814
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!
Addiction Solitaire Champion!

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Don't disagree susposidly awful to work for but passed the fit and proper test.
aye i dont think the organization that tested him are fit and proper, does anyone?
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 18:24   #815
Senior Member+
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Sheffield Wednesday handed 12 points deduction for next season escaped a further 21 points after being found not guilty of some breach of rule took ages for this court series of lawyers and the like to come to another inconsistent punishment, Derby meanwhile may have to wait for eternity for their decision what a farce football has become.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2020, 19:54   #816
Full Member+
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Well if it's that obvious which it was from day one my point again is why hasn't the EFL reacted straight away and blocked them then waste of space that's why.
As there was a break away from the EFL in 1992 and they have no powers in this matter.

The WTO objected and the PL can't make a decision without a proper investigation.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:08   #817
Senior Member+
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

[QUOTE=andyd;1242636 what a farce football has become.[/QUOTE]

thats what you get when the game stopped being a sport and became a big multy million pound business. has the game itself for spectators inproved over the years due to this. might have better grounds to watch games on but thats the end of it. stanley are definately one of the odd men out in the modern game. having an owner, MD and players who are approachable is light years away from the game at the top.
pifco and andyd like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 08:15   #818
Senior Member+
 
MikeA's Avatar
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Maybe the Saudis realised that, like a shopper in Sports Direct, if what you buy from him isnít up to scratch you donít get your money back, just a voucher for more rubbish.
From 'Have I Got News for You': https://www.facebook.com/HaveIGotNew...type=3&theater
andyd likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 09:07   #819
Senior Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Well if it's that obvious which it was from day one my point again is why hasn't the EFL reacted straight away and blocked them then waste of space that's why.
Nothing to do with EFL !
andyd likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:27   #820
Senior Member+
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Nothing to do with EFL !
Quite right mistake on my part but they all pee in the same pot the EFL bow to the premiership anyhow all the same game or it used to be.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 10:43   #821
Senior Member+
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Just been reading some tweets from Oldham fans regarding the latest sacking of their manager yesterday and the news that Kewell is the favourite to take over, seven manager,s in 2 years since being taken over by another rouge owner who slipped through the EFL net not one tweet speaks good of their own club one posted shut us down put us out of our misery.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 11:17   #822
Senior Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Sheffield Wednesday handed 12 points deduction for next season escaped a further 21 points after being found not guilty of some breach of rule took ages for this court series of lawyers and the like to come to another inconsistent punishment, Derby meanwhile may have to wait for eternity for their decision what a farce football has become.
It's inconsistent in the punishment Andy not the process.

The funds for the purchase were put in the accounts for 2017/2018 to avoid a FFP penalty but the deal didn't go through until the following season.

Fiddled the books. Breach of the EFL's Profitability and Sustainability rules.

Also it wasn't a Court matter ...... that might follow if SWFC Appeal.
Papers with their Lawyers as we speak. I expect them to do so. This was a decision handed down by the Independent Tribunal.

The intriguing thing for me is that Aston Villa and Reading did the identical thing ............ but never had points deducted.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 11:19   #823
Senior Member
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Sheffield Wednesday handed 12 points deduction for next season escaped a further 21 points after being found not guilty of some breach of rule took ages for this court series of lawyers and the like to come to another inconsistent punishment, Derby meanwhile may have to wait for eternity for their decision what a farce football has become.
Also Andy it wasn't potentially another 21 points - the maximum sanction is 21 points, so another 9.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 12:46   #824
Senior Member+
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
It's inconsistent in the punishment Andy not the process.

The funds for the purchase were put in the accounts for 2017/2018 to avoid a FFP penalty but the deal didn't go through until the following season.

Fiddled the books. Breach of the EFL's Profitability and Sustainability rules.

Also it wasn't a Court matter ...... that might follow if SWFC Appeal.
Papers with their Lawyers as we speak. I expect them to do so. This was a decision handed down by the Independent Tribunal.

The intriguing thing for me is that Aston Villa and Reading did the identical thing ............ but never had points deducted.
Exactly my point so inconsistent it's as if one rule for one and one for another Man City springs to mind, as in all walks off life it seems the more money you have some people will do anything for it.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 14:36   #825
Full Member+
 

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Exactly my point so inconsistent it's as if one rule for one and one for another Man City springs to mind, as in all walks off life it seems the more money you have some people will do anything for it.
Didn't Man City get hit with a 2 year ban and then it was found their was no evidence of charge of disguising equity investment as sponsorship but still get fined £9m for not cooperating with the investigation. Seems a bit harsh, and is clear protectionism policy by the clubs that control uefa.

You can't punish clubs if there is little or no evidence, just because their rivals want them punished as Uefa found out.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 00:26.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.28782 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1