Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2020, 08:23   #841
God Member

Re: Bits & Bobs

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1242754]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Well done Harrogate Town. Good to see a fresh face in the EFL.

complete opposite for me. its been a bad few weeks for me. leeds getting promotion and now harrogate getting on the league fixture list. really wanted county to get back up. for me the sight of forest green, salford, crawley and now harrogate being league clubs show one thing, if you have the money you can get success. bet some of the wetherby road area residents will be having nightmares now. hope they get hull city in the league cup at home with a tiger fans welcome to the league.
Well Fleetwood seem to be spending a bit presumably on wages latest rumour after James Norwood from Ipswich, if they get him they will have 3 very good strikers at this level, and the signing of Camps from Rochdale shrewd move excellent in midfield, not a Barton lover but he can see a player and he wasn't bad himself.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-08-2020, 08:59   #842
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1242754]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Well done Harrogate Town. Good to see a fresh face in the EFL.

complete opposite for me. its been a bad few weeks for me. leeds getting promotion and now harrogate getting on the league fixture list. really wanted county to get back up. for me the sight of forest green, salford, crawley and now harrogate being league clubs show one thing, if you have the money you can get success. bet some of the wetherby road area residents will be having nightmares now. hope they get hull city in the league cup at home with a tiger fans welcome to the league.
On what basis do you think Harrogate have a few bob ? Smallest squad in the league, only went full time in 2017 and the owner Mr Weaver isnt a Lord Rothchild.

They've got by on 3G income with the pitch used 40 hours a week.

It gets dug up tomorrow ...............

Good luck to them.

Suggest you look at Notts County's squad and the wages they're paying. Bigger budget than Stanley.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:41   #843
God Member

In the case of Wigan how does the EFL help any club or administrator when it imposes a deduction of points that relegated them pending an appeal if won would reinstate them in the championship, players being sold to try and reduce the £19 million plus wage bill down to £12 million or £6 million depending what league they could be in, no wonder buyers are put off I thought the EFL was a organisation to help clubs seems the opposite to me.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 03-08-2020, 17:20   #844
God Member

Dover Athletic have just announced that all their players have been put on transfer list for free as they wouldn't accept a 20% paycut, chairman also says that if the situation regarding future income isn't clear by the end of August the club will be put into insolvency sad but it's going to be the case for some clubs.
Old 03-08-2020, 18:06   #845
God Member

The FA have halved the prize money in most rounds off the FA cup this season blaming the effects from Covid just when clubs could do with a bit of income assistance.
Old 03-08-2020, 18:40   #846
Super Moderator

Some good stuff on this; but needs some extra info

FA Cup prize money has been reduced at later stages so more money to Non League clubs; including payments for losers; not a lot but better than nowt.

From R1 prize money is a bit higher than it was 3 years ago, but not "top dollar" as it has been; expecting a drop in all areas.

No idea about Harrogate, but they need a grass pitch by September; can't see Coley being happy to have to play them in the Carabo on 4G

Notts budget is horrendous; worried that if they were promoted it (budget) wouldn't pass the proposed salary cap rules

Owt else ?
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:41   #847
God Member

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1242761]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post

Suggest you look at Notts County's squad and the wages they're paying. Bigger budget than Stanley.
look at the gates notts county get. could not fit em in at the wham some weeks. do not mind clubs having a top player budget if it reflects the number of fans they get. its teams that get far less fans than stanley who have a higher budget that bothers me. boreham wood will be the next with under 1000 attendance happens quite often.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:45   #848
God Member

[QUOTE=Mr T;1242796]

No idea about Harrogate, but they need a grass pitch by September; can't see Coley being happy to have to play them in the Carabo on 4G

they have asked if their games could be played at some neutral venues if their grass pitch is not ready for the seasons start.
Old 04-08-2020, 16:16   #849
God Member

Wigan stay relegated lost their appeal just hope they get saved from oblivion now.
Old 04-08-2020, 16:50   #850
God Member

Cost Wigan £480,000 to lose that appeal where does all this money generated by TV in the main end up, now can't afford this month's salary,s by all accounts if they fail to pay players can walk, they are having a fire sale anyway to raise money all this because a foreign owner choose to walk away serious red flags there to surely act upon before this is allowed to happen again.
pifco and monkey hanger like this.
Old 04-08-2020, 21:23   #851
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1242812]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post

they have asked if their games could be played at some neutral venues if their grass pitch is not ready for the seasons start.
Harrogate Town will play the first few games at 'Home' in the EFL at the Keepmoat

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 07:20   #852
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1242863]Cost Wigan £480,000 to lose that appeal where does all this money generated by TV in the main end up, now can't afford this month's salary,s by all accounts if they fail to pay players can walk,

in the financial state wigan are in for me they should have just accepted the relegation and saved themselves nearly half a million quid they have not really got. they need a good local owner to take on the club to stabalize the club in division 1.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:03   #853
God Member

Not Accrington Stanley related but just heard ex Blackburn midfielder Stuart Metcalf has passed away I knew Stuart personally and sadly was suffering with dementia marvelous player RIP Stuart.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:28   #854
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Not Accrington Stanley related but just heard ex Blackburn midfielder Stuart Metcalf has passed away I knew Stuart personally and sadly was suffering with dementia marvelous player RIP Stuart.
he wasnt that old was a damn good un also.R.I.P.think was couple years younger than me,
Old 07-08-2020, 08:10   #855
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
he wasnt that old was a damn good un also.R.I.P.think was couple years younger than me,
69 Cashy no age at all.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..