Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-08-2020, 18:26   #901
Senior Member+

Re: Bits & Bobs

How about you answer #898 ?
You compared Morecambe to Sheffield Wednesday and inferred / implied their cases were similar and Wednesday got leniency because they could afford a “better lawyer”
Nonsense.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-08-2020, 18:34   #902
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
You compared Morecambe to Sheffield Wednesday and inferred / implied their cases were similar and Wednesday got leniency because they could afford a “better lawyer”
Nonsense.
Don't pick on Morecambe never mentioned them case thrown out.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 22:06   #903

Quote:
So its ok for a club to fail to fulfill two fixtures and to attempt to play in a stadium with no safety certificate ?
They only didnt fulfil the fixtures because the league stopped them from doing so Workington cancelled a game in exactly the same circumstances and their punishment was none whatsoever.

The stadium did have a safety certificate and this only came to light because the FL went telling tales It involved a certain officer not being in position and at least two other clubs offered to lend them a qualified person but once again the FL refused and forced them to cancel the game.

And thats before we go to the fact that the FL told Plymouth 2days earlier that the game was off now how would they know that if it wasnt down to them ?
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2020, 22:50   #904

Quote:
Nonsense.
Quite frankly i think your attititude stinks

Why on earth are you in favour of punishing the fans and staff of a club who are totally innocent in all of this ?

When sat at the FL are the people who appoved their owner when he took the FPPT yet what responsibility are they taking Absolutely none.

But then when it comes to SWFC who have a very rich owner whos well known for reaching for the legal remedy what do they do ? Yeah give them a slap on wrists when a fine the size of what they sold the ground for would have been much more appropriate as i said one rule for the rich and one for the poor But then again with a knob like Nixon involved what do we expect no doubt he.ll be on a nice back hander from his mate Wallace now that the jobs done.
andyd likes this.
Old 17-08-2020, 23:04   #905

Quote:
Nonsense.

Why on earth are you in favour of punishing the fans and staff of a club who are totally innocent in all of this ?

When sat at the FL are the people who appoved their owner when he took the FPPT yet what responsibility are they taking Absolutely none.

But then when it comes to SWFC who have a very rich owner whos well known for reaching for the legal remedy what do they do ? Yeah give them a slap on wrists when a fine the size of what they sold the ground for would have been much more appropriate as i said one rule for the rich and one for the poor But then again with a knob like Nixon involved what do we expect no doubt he.ll be on a nice back hander from his mate Wallace now that the jobs done.

Why SWFC are even still in existance is a mystery to me Why they wernt sued into oblivion over the state of the ground the day the 96 died is beyond me Plod took the blame becuse their top man lost the plot on the day Whereas SWFC had deliberately ignored work they were told to do for 5 years in order to save money if nothing else they should have been hung out to dry over the bolt cutter fact alone but all this was swept under the carpet with assistance from the FL and FA.

I really do hope that when Charlton sort themselves out they take it legal because their championship place was without doubt stolen and I hope they name the FL as complicit in the crime.
Old 18-08-2020, 07:11   #906
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Don't pick on Morecambe never mentioned them case thrown out.
Ive had better days ...... Macclesfield doh.
Old 18-08-2020, 07:13   #907
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post

Why SWFC are even still in existance is a mystery to me Why they wernt sued into oblivion over the state of the ground the day the 96 died is beyond me Plod took the blame becuse their top man lost the plot on the day Whereas SWFC had deliberately ignored work they were told to do for 5 years in order to save money if nothing else they should have been hung out to dry over the bolt cutter fact alone but all this was swept under the carpet with assistance from the FL and FA.

I really do hope that when Charlton sort themselves out they take it legal because their championship place was without doubt stolen and I hope they name the FL as complicit in the crime.
Strange that .... Wednesday fans not innocent then ?
Old 18-08-2020, 08:10   #908
God Member

just wonder if all this is a case of prefering one club and not the other. if you do not like a certain club, and this is from a fans view and not the EFL, you can be happy if one gets away with things whilst the other does not. is it the dislike of stevenage where people are attempting to excuse macclesfield of their points deduction that sends em back into non league. is it knocking of sheff.wed. as they are still regarded as a big club and exist on another level to stanley. as far as lawyers are concerned all cases in law will never be exactly the same and i doubt the lawyers of macclesfield were not a little back street solicitor doing the job on legal aid. from a personal point of view as just a fan i was quite happy with the macclesfield situation itself as its a club i do not like. however this does not mean that the decision was correct.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2020, 08:20   #909
Senior Member+

Social media is mostly peoples' opinions, based on no actual knowledge, presented as absolute fact which, when challenged, leads to personal abuse. What a great invention ...
Old 18-08-2020, 09:10   #910

Quote:
Strange that .... Wednesday fans not innocent then ?
Whether they were innocent or not i think the lives [and deaths] of 96 fellow football fans should have come first and their relatives should have seen justice in the bulldozers moving into Hillsborough.

Instead what happened was they were allowed to bolt seats onto the terraces where those fans died.

And no i dont see them as innocent they should have been reporting their own club each week over the steward/bolt cutter issue because what happend to Liverpool fans at the Leppings Lane could just as easily happened to Wednesday fans on the Kop.
Old 18-08-2020, 20:04   #911
Senior Member+

Quote:
Whether they were innocent or not i think the lives [and deaths] of 96 fellow football fans should have come first and their relatives should have seen justice in the bulldozers moving into Hillsborough.

Instead what happened was they were allowed to bolt seats onto the terraces where those fans died.

And no i dont see them as innocent they should have been reporting their own club each week over the steward/bolt cutter issue because what happend to Liverpool fans at the Leppings Lane could just as easily happened to Wednesday fans on the Kop.
No more comment from me I find some of your recent statements distasteful.
Old 21-08-2020, 02:00   #912

Quote:
No more comment from me I find some of your recent statements distasteful.
TOUGH

What i find distastefull is 96 people died, every single report found the club culpable to a greater or lesser extent.

And how were they punished a massive fine ? proper charges in court ? Major improvements to the ground ? Were they hell as like they were given a slap on the hand and club secretary put before a court 20 years later on some Micky Mouse charge [ Take look at the time at least 2 Wednesday directors were up to their necks in it at [ as it was then ] Preston Docks.

And just for reference after the previous disaster on that scale Rangers were ordered to bulldoze 3 sides of the Ibrox stadium.
Old 21-08-2020, 07:17   #913
God Member

[QUOTE=NORTHERNSOUL;1243647]TOUGH

What i find distastefull is 96 people died, every single report found the club culpable to a greater or lesser extent.

think most people do. however i did not follow the case all that closely but never heard about sheffield wednesday being blamed from liverpool fans i did hear from. it was the police and their running of the situation and that seems about it. honestly, have you a thing about everything associated with sheffield wednesday from fans down to the tea lady.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2020, 11:34   #914
God Member

Bit of great news Sponsor,s What More Ltd, to remain in new 3 year deal fantastic.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2020, 04:34   #915

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1243650]
Quote:
TOUGH

think most people do. however i did not follow the case all that closely but never heard about sheffield wednesday being blamed from liverpool fans i did hear from. it was the police and their running of the situation and that seems about it. honestly, have you a thing about everything associated with sheffield wednesday from fans down to the tea lady.
No not at all

But to put it into perspective Macclesfield effectively ejected from the league for paying a few grand in wages a few weeks late Sheffield Wednesday ignore dozens of recomendations with regards to the safety of Hillsborough killing 96 people and they get a slap on the wrist.

They had been told at the start of the previous 3 seasons that they had to leave the perimiter gates open as their evacuation plan at both the Leppings lane and Kop contained reference to onto the pitch being part of that plan when they claimed that would compromise stadium security they had been told to position a steward eqpt with a set of bolt cutters at every gate in the fence on the day of the disaster not only were there no specific exit gate stewards it took them over 30 minutes to find a single pair of bolt cutters.

At the time 3 members of staff/directors of SWFC were involved with various committees etc of the Football League/FA.

All this is documented in the Scrafton report which led to the prosecution of the ground commander and the swfc club secretary Graham Mackrell but when it came to Wednesday and various other bodies who failed on that day [ South Yorkshire Ambulance being one ] their culpability was just swept under the table.

As i say the previous disaster on that scale at a football ground resulted in 3 sides of Ibrox being bulldozed in circumstance where they were no where near as culpable as SWFC.

Its always amazed me that the hillsborough families didnt go after the various corporate bodies as they could have funded the rest of their action by just getting the first one to cough up meaning they could have had justice a damm site quicker than they did.

But if you take the time to read the Hillsborough [ Scrafton ] report its an absolute literney of failure, culpability and injustice but what stands out a mile is the part that Sheffield Wednesday played in that.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..