Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2020, 09:40   #1006
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Bits & Bobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Lost 1-0. Not much to choose between the teams but iFollow missed the goal; the camera wasn't pointing in the right direction!
i couldnt weigh up how i missed the goal cheers for clearing that up Mike @ MR T.still i can now blame Barton
Old 05-11-2020, 15:18   #1007
God Member

Nigel Clough set to take over at Mansfield quite like Nigel good bloke decent manager brave man going there results driven game but it will be your fault there Nigel if ever you get the boot.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 16:03   #1008
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats always happened at football games choirboy,dont bother me at all. mind have to say im nearly deaf these days lol
I know that swearing has been around for decades in football but in an empty stadium with only a handful of voices audible and the loudest of those spouting the f word every third or fourth word! I am no prude but it was just totally unnecessary and unneeded! I don’t know if it was a Fleetwood or a Stanley coach doing all the swearing but it was just off putting. It ruined what was quite good coverage apart from the single camera missing the goal!
MikeA likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 17:38   #1009

Agree Choirboy, not exactly a great example to the young lads - caused me to hit the mute button.
choirboy likes this.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 18:09   #1010
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
I know that swearing has been around for decades in football but in an empty stadium with only a handful of voices audible and the loudest of those spouting the f word every third or fourth word! I am no prude but it was just totally unnecessary and unneeded! I don’t know if it was a Fleetwood or a Stanley coach doing all the swearing but it was just off putting. It ruined what was quite good coverage apart from the single camera missing the goal!
oh i can understand that sunshine, but like i said im lucky im pretty deaf these days.so never heard owt
choirboy likes this.
Old 06-11-2020, 10:25   #1011
God Member

didn,t hear anything myself but doubt it would be any worse than any all male environment. might be old fashioned but that does not bother me but does if there is young kids and women about. mind you some of the latter in todays world would be fine working in a shipyard.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 09:32   #1012
God Member

Let fans in debate at 4-30pm in house of commons today can't see anything happening soon wether or not they come with some future" hope " we will see but the promises they made before came to nought.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:39   #1013
Full Member+

Hi Andy these will be the same clowns who stopped people playing golf yet we can watch football and rugby being played on tv.
andyd likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 17:10   #1014
God Member

Well I just watched the whole hour and a half debate some very interesting bits loads on how clubs are collectively losing a fortune ex:- Port Vale one and a half million pounds in lost revenue since March, not sure about the outcome other than they all support fans back when safe one thing that is certain is that there will be no government bailout for elite football as the game at the top is awash with money and should look after itself.
Old 10-11-2020, 07:45   #1015
God Member

After yesterday's debate I feel as far as fans are concerned we are in a worse place than before, then the pilot scheme was launched and 1st, of October was the date which was cancelled as we stand now they refused requests for a road map and there is no date in the near future been announced was signing the petition worth it?
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 11-11-2020, 08:38   #1016
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
After yesterday's debate I feel as far as fans are concerned we are in a worse place than before, then the pilot scheme was launched and 1st, of October was the date which was cancelled as we stand now they refused requests for a road map and there is no date in the near future been announced was signing the petition worth it?
the discussion of the petition could not have come up at a worse time. in the middle of extra restrictions the outcome was always going to be what it was. the timeing could not have been better for the government and those who find football as a saturday afternoon nusance to them.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 11-11-2020, 17:22   #1017
Senior Member+

I'm not sure that I agree. There's room for both.

'The former northern powerhouse minister compared Accrington Stanley to the Royal Ballet':
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-54908862
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 17:31   #1018
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:

'The former northern powerhouse minister compared Accrington Stanley to the Royal Ballet':
Perfect demonstration of what Pillocks are some M.P.s i reckon.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:31   #1019
God Member

Quote:

doesn,t he actually know that Zanzala left us in the summer.
maccawozzagod likes this.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:37   #1020
God Member

looking at all those extra southern clubs that have entered the league over the last 30 years then ballet might be more popular in bury and macclesfield than football is.
MikeA likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..