Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-11-2020, 08:06   #1036
God Member

Re: Bits & Bobs

[QUOTE=andyd;1246912]Bristol Rovers have appointed Paul Tisdale the ninth manager ( caretaker ) in 2 years

just wonder if paul tisdale wished he,d stayed with exeter. he seems to have had a few clubs since then without much success. you do not just become a bad manager overnight but exeter could have suited him like coley does at stanley.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-11-2020, 08:55   #1037
God Member

He left Exeter to take over at relegated MK Dons led them to promotion at first attempt, following a poor start the following season sacked good luck at Brizzie Rovers always thought his Exeter sides played football the right way good to watch.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2020, 09:14   #1038
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1247003 good luck at Brizzie Rovers always thought his Exeter sides played football the right way good to watch.[/QUOTE]

yes so did i. used to look forward to those games and at least paul tisdale had something that the morbidly obese steve evans will never have, CLASS.
Old 25-11-2020, 15:47   #1039
God Member

The hand of God has passed away love or hate him he was an absolutely wonderful footballer RIP Diego Maradona.
Old 25-11-2020, 15:53   #1040
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1246995]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Bristol Rovers have appointed Paul Tisdale the ninth manager ( caretaker ) in 2 years

just wonder if paul tisdale wished he,d stayed with exeter. he seems to have had a few clubs since then without much success. you do not just become a bad manager overnight but exeter could have suited him like coley does at stanley.
Exeter served notice on him 18 months before his contract expired !!! Why would you stay at a club that pulls those tricks ??

Why did they do it ? Because Exeter wanted to reduce his pay.

See you later - a very ungrateful club.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2020, 16:26   #1041
Senior Member+

Shrews' manager sacked! I wonder how it will affect next week's match:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55073711
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2020, 16:34   #1042
God Member

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1247260]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post

Exeter served notice on him 18 months before his contract expired !!! Why would you stay at a club that pulls those tricks ??

Don't think that's accurate there was a contract offer on the table which he declined to sign also this ungrateful club is fan owned so read into that what you will.
Old 25-11-2020, 16:35   #1043
God Member

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1247260]
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
Shrews' manager sacked! I wonder how it will affect next week's match:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55073711
Why was he due to play?
Old 25-11-2020, 17:19   #1044
God Member

Interesting piece in the mail from Bumble when fans are finally allowed back in at Accrington he won't be one of them until he's had the vaccine and I follow will be the norm for him until then. He says it's because of his age and he classes as vunerable should imagine he will be one of many who will follow suit.
keep the faith likes this.
Old 25-11-2020, 18:03   #1045
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
The hand of God has passed away love or hate him he was an absolutely wonderful footballer RIP Diego Maradona.
he was but i aint that magnanimous GOOD RIDDANCE i say.hes got the hand of god now.
pifco likes this.
Old 25-11-2020, 19:30   #1046
Senior Member+

I'm with you cash, good riddance to the fat pot head. It annoyed me to see the refs protecting him, anything more than half a tackle and you were in the book or red carded.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2020, 09:07   #1047
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
I'm with you cash, good riddance to the fat pot head. It annoyed me to see the refs protecting him, anything more than half a tackle and you were in the book or red carded.
sorry but saying that about one of the best footballers of the age isn,t on. neither is ccomments about protection for proper footballers against the thugs of the game. we have all mentioned from time to time the lack of protection given to stanley players from opponents by some referee or another. just because the lad once dared to handle the ball against england was born in argentina he became some sort of evil genious. if it had been that alledged woman beating boozer gascoign who had died everyone would be getting their black tie on today.
andyd likes this.
Old 26-11-2020, 09:08   #1048
God Member

Quote:
Interesting piece in the mail from Bumble when fans are finally allowed back in at Accrington he won't be one of them until he's had the vaccine and I follow will be the norm for him until then. He says it's because of his age and he classes as vunerable should imagine he will be one of many who will follow suit.
thats bumbles personal choice. its not mine.
Old 26-11-2020, 09:17   #1049
God Member

Quote:
sorry but saying that about one of the best footballers of the age isn,t on. neither is ccomments about protection for proper footballers against the thugs of the game. we have all mentioned from time to time the lack of protection given to stanley players from opponents by some referee or another. just because the lad once dared to handle the ball against england was born in argentina he became some sort of evil genious. if it had been that alledged woman beating boozer gascoign who had died everyone would be getting their black tie on today.
Well said monkey I only posted about him in respect to his footballing entertainment because that's why we all watch, regarding the dark arts of football our very own Sean McConville mentioned on Tuesday he doesn't hesitate to use them who wouldn't. I personally used to love watching Diego best in the world and probably all time at ball control and the old adage which usually applies to genius,s of the game age doesn't matter if good enough play em he made his debut 10 days short of his 16th birthday as for his personal life not interested he was a football great thanks very much for the entertainment.
Old 26-11-2020, 10:38   #1050
God Member

[QUOTE=andyd;1247271]Well said monkey I only posted about him in respect to his footballing entertainment because that's why we all watch,

on top of that a quite a left leaning football messageboard was only a few weeks ago attempting to find excuses for peter sutcliffe the yorkshire ripper after he died. not all but some. again some but not all having a go at maradona this morning. even the bunker, not known for its classy comments, have showed a proper balanced respect for the guy.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..