Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1595Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2020, 15:05   #1096
God Member

Re: Bits & Bobs

Looks like after 2and a half years out of the game big Sam Allardyce taking West Bromwich bjob after the sacking of Bilac, don't think many clubs have money to through around on compensation for in work managers at the moment.

Last edited by andyd; 16-12-2020 at 15:08.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-12-2020, 16:19   #1097
God Member

Sunderland have asked for their next three games to be postponed after outbreak of Covid at the club, apparently wanted last night's game called off when 1 player was positive but EFL refused, safety in mind there then by the EFL and some grounds have fans in.
Old 16-12-2020, 16:26   #1098
God Member

Apparently eight players missed Sunderland,s game last night 1 positive 7 showing symptoms isolated, after extensive dialogue over several hours the game went ahead because the EFL wasn't sure about what sanctions could or cound not be applied, how long has the pandemic to last until the rule book is clear, yet again it has shown it's ineptitude.
Old 16-12-2020, 16:28   #1099
God Member

Sunderland to be fair wanted the game off and to be honest they were right, if fully recovered their next scheduled game is against us.
Old 17-12-2020, 09:38   #1100
God Member

Tier 3 for Lancashire over Christmas.
Old 17-12-2020, 09:56   #1101
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

personally i think thats right,
keep the faith likes this.
Old 17-12-2020, 10:31   #1102
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
personally i think thats right,
Can see there being no change now until end of January at least.
Old 17-12-2020, 11:25   #1103
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Tier 3 for Lancashire over Christmas.
IF this Government were serious, it would be tier 3 - or whatever - nationwide!!!

All they are allowing is people to move into lower tiers when it suits - absolute joke!!

AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2020, 11:41   #1104
Senior Member+

If it's any consolation, the Portsmouth Branch has just joined you in Tier 3. Given we have a huge Uni, I'm amazed it's taken us so long - our students obviously didn't try hard enough to be bad in October, but our schoolkids have finally made it happen.

Que sera sera
Old 17-12-2020, 12:31   #1105
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

majority are thick when young i was one myself
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 17-12-2020, 15:15   #1106
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
IF this Government were serious, it would be tier 3 - or whatever - nationwide!!!

All they are allowing is people to move into lower tiers when it suits - absolute joke!!

Should have been all tier 3 after lockdown you can see which way this is heading though, furlong scheme extended again today until the end of April 2021. Coincidence I think not as that is when they hope to have most vunerable people in society vaccinated, so to me no major lifting of restrictions until then. Regards to football can't see larger than 2000 anywhere until after then so probably next season when some norm may return, may not get to see much then in the flesh of this current Stanley team, sorry it's a depressing read but it's probably very realistic, have as good as a Xmas you can have safely. Ps for anyone reading this who thinks the government are overboard on this I was in hospital yesterday for a small procedure and believe me it's real stay safe.
Old 17-12-2020, 15:34   #1107
God Member

Andy, you are realist mate, I agree with you! It is real and it is here.....

Agree about footy in the flesh, but it is a small price to pay and it will not be forever

andyd likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2020, 18:15   #1108
God Member

Surprise surprise Sheffield Wednesday haven't fully paid November,s salaries treat habitual rule stretchers in any walk of life favourably compared to others invariably they try to pull the proverbial again.
Old 18-12-2020, 08:25   #1109
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Surprise surprise Sheffield Wednesday haven't fully paid November,s salaries treat habitual rule stretchers in any walk of life favourably compared to others invariably they try to pull the proverbial again.
possibility of another so called big team to visit the wham next season if we do not go up. bet old man windass will not be there to watch his lad if thats the case.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2020, 12:37   #1110
God Member

Oh dear Peterborough,s next 3 games postponed due to Covid, that,s a quarter of league 1,s games off tomorrow, season going to struggle to finish on time at this rate. Might if extended get some fans back, as looming lockdown after Xmas will push everything fan wise back until April.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..