Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-07-2015, 11:53   #31
God Member

Re: Blackpool game

If your a Stanley fan just don,t go and send a message to the club that we don,t want it played outside of behind closed doors.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-07-2015, 12:23   #32

A decision from the club, for logistical reasons, is bound to be behind the instant reaction of fans. However, from what's been said, they will have to weigh cost of potential damage a week before the real thing - both to the structure and goodwill of our own fans. Doubt that the numbnuts making the threats are genuine football fans, just the lice who attach themselves in the hope of hiding their brainlessness. BFC obviously will want match practice - switch the venue is my solution. Policing costs can't be covered by our budget I'm guessing.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 12:43   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
.... Policing costs can't be covered by our budget ....
And even if they could, why should they?
Said before, rearrange it for Bloomfield Road and let Oyston bear any costs.
The thuggish threats from so-called Blackpool fans makes the notion of a pre-season "friendly" ludicrous.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 12:44   #34
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
It is no good shifting the onus onto the police. Don't tell me the club can't cancel or postpone the fixture off their own bat. Cynically putting the attraction of a few thousand pounds of gate money before all else is a deplorable abdication of responsibility. Shame on our board.
I wonder if the Board have considered the costs of any damage that might ensue from allowing this game to take place ??? Damage that could easily swallow up anything the club could make on the gate ... and more ???

Not worth the risk....I just hope the Board have got their answers sorted to all the questions that will be asked of them; should the brown stuff hit the fan following this debacle after actually letting it go ahead.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 13:22   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
I wonder if the Board have considered the costs of any damage that might ensue from allowing this game to take place ??? Damage that could easily swallow up anything the club could make on the gate ... and more ???

Not worth the risk....I just hope the Board have got their answers sorted to all the questions that will be asked of them; should the brown stuff hit the fan following this debacle after actually letting it go ahead.
Plus the goodwill of all volunteer,s for the groundforce day,s could end up being for nothing.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 13:33   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Plus the goodwill of all volunteer,s for the groundforce day,s could end up being for nothing.
I find it a bit odd the fans chairman aint commented at all about this? hes certainly read it a few times.
Old 28-07-2015, 14:12   #37

Solution.

Cancel the game, print some "virtual tickets" for "the match that never was" and sell em to the Blackpool fans.............

We could even let them have a "virtual pitch invasion"

As Cashy would say......... Simples.
AccyMad, smudgie, cashman and 3 others like this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 15:57   #38

As one of those who turned up on the Groundforce Day to help prepare the ground for the coming season I echo the concerns that other fans have. Blackpool supporters are passionate about what has happened to their club as any true supporter would be but they should also realise that we are passionate about our club and we do not want any harm to come to it or anybody who attends to watch this pre-season FRIENDLY.

If there is any doubt in the minds of the Directors, Chairman or anyone else who has the clout at the Club that there could be trouble then the decision is clear, cancel the match. It is not worth anyone getting hurt.
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 16:14   #39
I am Banned

Snipers on top of jack Barrett stand that'll keep em at bay
VamboOssy likes this.
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 18:59   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Oystons response ain't gonna help matters

Call it off now please

Response To BST Proposal
Two things from me. Depending on your viewpoint, you could read OO's response in 2 ways - a stalling tactic or someone who has invested much of his own money over a great number of years wanting some evidence that the new owners aren't going to put what that investment has built at risk.

I don't want to spend too much time commenting on other clubs' affairs - I rather focus on ours. I written before about how our club lacks true leadership at times and, for me, this is an occasion where someone at the club needs to show leadership.

For me, call Friday's game at the Crown ground off - the club can make that decision and don't need the police to do it - it's simply getting to the point of not being worth it. Either swap the venue to Bloomfield Road and let Blackpool deal with any hassle from their fans or, without any public announcement, arrange for a behind closed doors game to give both sets of players the final pre season game that is important in both managers' preparation and plans.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 19:45   #41
Senior Member+

Unless there's something that I haven't read, the only thing that happened at Lancaster was a peaceful invasion/trespassing. Has there been damage caused at a ground? To cancel would send the wrong message to the invaders that they can publicise their cause at any and every ground. Even many Blackpool fans, haters of Oyston, think that invading is not the right tactic. I see little for t'Stanley to worry about by going ahead. I suggest turning up to show support for our team
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2015, 21:11   #42
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
Unless there's something that I haven't read, the only thing that happened at Lancaster was a peaceful invasion/trespassing. Has there been damage caused at a ground? To cancel would send the wrong message to the invaders that they can publicise their cause at any and every ground. Even many Blackpool fans, haters of Oyston, think that invading is not the right tactic. I see little for t'Stanley to worry about by going ahead. I suggest turning up to show support for our team
I would suggest yeh aint read the Blackpool Forum Bob? plus the fact yeh intend to come oer wi a few mates.
Old 28-07-2015, 21:35   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
peaceful pitch invasion ? there may not have been any violence but going onto the pitch and getting match abandon is not in my view a peaceful act see link to Vital football report Blackpool - Lancaster City vs Blackpool
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 12:48   #44

I just hope that you guys have got enough security staff to prevent any pitch invasion by the Blackpool scum. If not it's highly likely that you could be fined by the authorities for allowing the field of play to be invaded which could lead to the game being called off.

Don't expect any favours from the Oyston clan as it will be Stanley's resulting fine.

I would have though the prudent thing to have done was to call the whole thing off and play the game behind closed doors so as to ensure that the players get another 90 of pre season action.
cashman likes this.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 14:27   #45
God Member

Don't disagree with the sentiment, but do the 'authorities' ( presumably the League or FA) have any jurisdiction over a pre- season friendly?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..