Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2015, 15:40   #1
Junior Member+

Blackpool game

Do you think it will finish? I read a few comments on Blackpool forums that suggest it won't. Friday night and plenty of beer could see some fireworks.
footballfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-07-2015, 16:02   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Blackpool game

I have also read blackpool forums n think it should be abandoned pdq. But the police and our people know best.
Old 27-07-2015, 16:19   #3
Senior Member+

Amazed that the game is actually going ahead.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2015, 16:44   #4
Junior Member+

Blackpool playing Morecambe tomorrow and it is being played behind closed doors due to costs of the extra policing amid fears of trouble. I would expect this one more likely to attract trouble just for the fact on it being on a Friday night, sorry trouble is probably a bit unfair as all Blackpool protests have been peaceful up until now, disruptive would probably be fairer. Iam 100% behind what they are trying to achieve as people like the Oystons are damaging for football in general.
Old 27-07-2015, 17:30   #5
God Member

Why risk potential trouble alcohol and Friday night big worry and potential ground damage for a so called friendly hope this is,nt the case but is it worth the risk?
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2015, 17:55   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well on the strength of reading the Blackpool forums i certainly aint risking wasting time n money.
Old 27-07-2015, 18:09   #7
Junior Member+

Looking forward to Accrington Stanley away | Back Henry Street Blackpool FC Forum
Old 27-07-2015, 18:14   #8
Junior Member+

And as we are having this discussion Blackpool police tweet this.

Quote:
Seasiders Police ‏@SeasidersPolice 5m5 minutes ago

Enjoy the games safely and just a reminder that going onto the pitch is an offence - please don't end up getting arrested/banned (2/2)

Seasiders Police ‏@SeasidersPolice 10m10 minutes ago

Not long until the season starts! We'll be tweeting from here and we hope it's enjoyable and memorable for all the right reasons. (1/2)
Old 27-07-2015, 18:14   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
Blackpool playing Morecambe tomorrow and it is being played behind closed doors due to costs of the extra policing amid fears of trouble. I would expect this one more likely to attract trouble just for the fact on it being on a Friday night, sorry trouble is probably a bit unfair as all Blackpool protests have been peaceful up until now, disruptive would probably be fairer. Iam 100% behind what they are trying to achieve as people like the Oystons are damaging for football in general.
While I have every sympathy with the Blackpool fans & hope they eventually manage to somehow get their club back from the Oystons, I don't concur with them bringing their troubles to other club's doorsteps - they will gather & keep more support for their cause from other fans if they don't cause abandonments at any if their opponents grounds
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2015, 18:21   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
While I have every sympathy with the Blackpool fans & hope they eventually manage to somehow get their club back from the Oystons, I don't concur with them bringing their troubles to other club's doorsteps - they will gather & keep more support for their cause from other fans if they don't cause abandonments at any if their opponents grounds
Agree, but reading there forums,certain knobheads dont agree.
Old 27-07-2015, 18:22   #11
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Totally agree, they will lose the support of others.
Old 27-07-2015, 18:35   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
Totally agree, they will lose the support of others.
Aye but some dont care, do you?
Old 27-07-2015, 21:29   #13
Full Member+

I really do hope somebody from the club wakes up to this impending disaster.

Reading that forum, there's a snowball's chance in Hell that the Blackpool fans will behave.

I've seen what Blackpool's "fans" are capable of numerous times in the past and I can't understand for the life of me why this game is still going ahead.

Whilst I've got sympathy with their plight, A.S.F.C. should NOT even be allowing the Blackpool fans a platform on which to play up on. It will only bring more negative publicity upon our club, when the club has had more than it's fair share in recent years.

And as for the Blackpool fans.....if they carry on in this vein, then I think it wont be long before Blackpool will be playing home games behind closed doors in League One next season. Add to that potential points deductions for trouble and the folly of their "actions" may come back to bite them in the backside.
Redraine and cashman like this.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2015, 21:36   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Morecambe to me,have had the good sense to play the game behind closed doors, pity good sense seems to constantly give us a miss.
carpon likes this.
Old 27-07-2015, 22:02   #15

Oystons response ain't gonna help matters

Call it off now please

Response To BST Proposal
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..