Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2019, 10:44   #16
Full Member+

Re: Blackpool Match

It was on club twitter 9.10am with inspection due at 9am, looked like a very easy decision.

20/1 with two bookies to get relegated, but some give as little as 8/1. Still suggests it is unlikely.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-02-2019, 11:01   #17
Senior Member+

If we are looking at it as the need for safety then 50pts will do it so 14 required from 18 games.
Surely cant be a problem.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:33   #18
God Member

just 5 more wins. we,ll probably get an unexpected away win like all teams do plus 4 others. if we do not then we really deserve to go down.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:58   #19
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
If we are looking at it as the need for safety then 50pts will do it so 14 required from 18 games.
3 teams have been relegated on 50 points in 4 years from league 1.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:59   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
The pessimist in me thinks we might need a couple more than 50. Only because whilst Wimbledon and maybe one other (say Shrewsbury at this point) may fail to go on a run and be stranded, I think the others have either already started theirs ( Plymouth / Bradford?) or about to start a run whereas if we don’t start finding the net then we are not going to pick up wins.

When you look at 20th-placed finishes: in 18 of the last 20 seasons, the teams who finished in 20th had either 50, 51 or 52 points: a really narrow spread.
The two exceptions were both lower: Oxford stayed up with 45 points in 1999/00 and Northampton survived with 49 in 2001/02.
I’m not scare mongering, I just think our form coupled with a build up of games could see us continue to slip and I’m more interested in the Oxford, Rochdale and Shrews than those currently just one place behind.
Our last game is Portsmouth away, who will be fighting for automatic, we have Luton, Sunderland who won’t be “on the beach” in April and then some big 6 pointers with the bottom.

Just sayin !
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Simpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 13:31   #21
God Member

10 home games left forget away games any points picked up in those a bonus but 30 points to play for at home will shape were we,ll finish need to have our scoring boots on missed some real chances at home lately fine lines but keep creating them and hopefully our luck will change.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 13:57   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
10 home games left forget away games any points picked up in those a bonus but 30 points to play for at home will shape were we,ll finish need to have our scoring boots on missed some real chances at home lately fine lines but keep creating them and hopefully our luck will change.
We got more away points this season i think andyd.?
Old 03-02-2019, 14:00   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
We got more away points this season i think andyd.?
So we need to start winning at home in front of our passionate supporters who can help carry you to victory.
Old 03-02-2019, 14:02   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
So we need to start winning at home in front of our passionate supporters who can help carry you to victory.
True agree but to forget aways aint good sense tome.
Old 04-02-2019, 11:49   #25
Full Member+

Let's just call them bonus points
cashman likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 06:30   #26
God Member

After Sunderland with the Blackpool game rearranged for the 5th March that means 4 home games on the spin all against sides in and around us 12 points could make our season more comfortable for the run in.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 07-02-2019, 08:07   #27
God Member

Quote:
After Sunderland with the Blackpool game rearranged for the 5th March that means 4 home games on the spin all against sides in and around us 12 points could make our season more comfortable for the run in.
yes i think afyer those games it may give us an indication how the rest of the season may pan out. a bad run here could see us well and truly in the manure business.
Old 07-02-2019, 20:22   #28
Senior Member+

I phoned the club today to ask for refund of the £80 I spent on tickets for the match. I was dealt with very efficiently and courteously. Sad to say, I will be away for the replay on Tuesday 5th March.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:58   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
I phoned the club today to ask for refund of the £80 I spent on tickets for the match. I was dealt with very efficiently and courteously. Sad to say, I will be away for the replay on Tuesday 5th March.
Yeh mean a few were actually coming with yeh? thats a bit of a shock bob.
Old 08-02-2019, 08:08   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dobson View Post
did you get your money back though.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..