Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2016, 10:40   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Blackpool match thread

To be honest i got nowt but sympathy fer Blackpool fans, can understand the depth of feeling and fer me they got to do what they feel is right.whatever that happens to be, i dont know if its correct, but if its what they think, good luck to em, except today that is.
AccyMad, Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 15-10-2016, 12:41   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
andy haines reffing todays game. should be a bit of controvacy sometime this afternoon.
Wonderful!!
choirboy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 13:21   #18
I am Banned

No kee again, is he injured?
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 14:55   #19

Half time report anyone? I'm sitting this one out, exiled in Palma.... Twitter just says not much happening. Is that it?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 15:57   #20

I actually think I love Romy Boco. I am going to ask for his hand in marriage and make an honest Beninian of him.
Old 15-10-2016, 16:29   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

To be honest we got outa gaol this afternoon, still its not before time a bit of good fortune went our way. the defence were magnificent, the difference when the owd fella and rommy came on was very noticeable. an afterthought was the second half the sun was in Parrishs eyes yet he wore NO CAP, thought that was unprofessional.
chevyfire likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 15-10-2016 at 16:32.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 16:39   #22

Thought Parish was MOM cap or no cap
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 16:51   #23
Junior Member+

Some keepers find it uncomfortable to wear caps
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyStan1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 17:03   #24
Senior Member+

Today was a FABULOUS RESULT and THREE IMPORTANT POINTS for the STANLEY!!!

The first 30 minutes in the first half was Blackpool pretty much in control throughout the teams. Although they were finding our defence as RESOLUTE as ever! Terry alone up front was getting nothing out of their centre backs and we struggled to play our slick passing game. However, we did put a few moves together with more promise late in the first half.
The second half was played more like a CUP MATCH with play going from end to end but what a difference the two early substitutions made.........
Gary Taylor-Fletcher on at 58 minutes and Rommy Boco not long after!! Inspired subs by Coley today and Shay McCarten made a difference too, on at 85 minutes, plus the six played extra!

Taylor-Fletcher provided much needed physical strength against their centre backs and he also did some wonderfully controlled 'chest-downs' to himself and in also off loading to the fleet footed Rommy. The other players responded and Sean Mac and Brown and Clarke all came into the game much more late on. Their goal was a bit against the run of play at the time they scored but credit to our boys! They drove forward urged on by a very vocal Clayton End and were RIGHTLY REWARDED WITH THE PENALTY by the referee!
Ooh Tom Aldred up to then had played really well but he was going no where near the high ball and took Rommy out in the air leaning all over him.I listened to Radio Lancs on the way home and Gary Bowyer said he thought that no one in the ground saw that as a penalty..... but 800 fans in the Clayton End obviously did!!!
The penalty by Romy was not the best ever seen but it had enough power on it to go in even though their keeper got a good touch on it! Cue jumping up and down in the Clayton End and this gave the team more confidence and they went for it too! The Winning goal was a super move across the pitch and back again and although I can't remember all the details it was ECSTACY to see it hit the back of the net.
Rommy was gesturing the 'Love Heart' with his hands to the fans and yes......we share that love too Rommy.:skis s:
Inspired substitutions changed the game and we deserved the win based on our second half performance.
This proves that we need to fear NO TEAMS in League Two this year!!!

ON STANLEY ON
UPWARDS AND ONWARDS
KEEP THE FAITH
AccyMad, cashman and chevyfire like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 17:04   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by widnes viking View Post
Thought Parish was MOM cap or no cap
thought he did ok, but also he may have stopped the goal, will watch again tonight.
Old 15-10-2016, 17:05   #26
Full Member+

We did get out of Jail today as Cashy say's. However we were poor again. we should have been at least two down by half time. I cn't see where the penalty came from or the offside at our end. I am sure the replay will show it all. I will take the three points.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 17:06   #27

if he's going to wear a cap I hope it's one of those Peaky Blinders "newsboy" style caps and not some synthetic baseball rubbish. Bah...

How was the Don today? I've missed him so much.
Old 15-10-2016, 17:18   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The don did ok i thought, in fact defence all did.
Lord Didsbury likes this.
Old 15-10-2016, 17:18   #29

Coleman video is up. Blames the keeper, but no mention of the missing cap.

Old 15-10-2016, 17:20   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
I actually think I love Romy Boco. I am going to ask for his hand in marriage and make an honest Beninian of him.
Get in the queue, he signed my plaster cast so I reckon that means we're betrothed
yonmon and Stevie R like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..