Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2016, 17:21   #31

Re: Blackpool match thread

Without doubt this was Stanley's equivalent to Dunkirk.
Second best for most of the game to a clearly better team, they were down & out by the time Blackpool scored in the 81st minute and heading for a beating.
Then, as we stared into the jaws of defeat came a miracle of deliverance. 'Cometh the hour, cometh the man'. Stepping into the role of Winston Churchill with his 'we shall never surrender' attitude came ROMY BOCO - to win the game virtually single handed.
My stiff upper lip has never trembled so much with relief and joy.
Yes, our defence were superb, particularly super Matty Pearson, but if Omar Beckles has any honour, he should hand the 'man of the match' award to Romy.
Not the most attractive game to witness, more a battle of attrition with both sides locked in a life or death struggle. Let us give thanks we won the day!
Ps. A massive thank you to all the Blackpool fans who defied the 'boycott' bully boys to come in their hundreds to support their team.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-10-2016, 17:22   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Wonderful!!
I officially retract my earlier opinion of Andy Haines - any ref who can spot a penalty that virtually no-one else in the ground could is ok by me
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 17:34   #33
God Member

Quote:
I officially retract my earlier opinion of Andy Haines - any ref who can spot a penalty that virtually no-one else in the ground could is ok by me
at least we were on the receiving end of a contovertial decision. wasn,t going to go tobit of luck for once and another 20 games like that would address the balance of bad luck we have. usual downside of letting a set piece goal in and our free kick in the first half from nearly the same position was the usual sunday league farce.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 17:39   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
it was a penalty i thought, not the dive by you know who. the foul by shirt pulling on rommy. with any luck all will be revealed tonight on telly.
Old 15-10-2016, 17:44   #35
God Member

Cashy, I'm not complaining - about time we got a bit of luck with decisions - it was someone from the press behind me that said no-one but the ref thought it was a penalty, there's been plenty of times it's been the other way round & the ref's been the only one who didn't see it
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 15-10-2016, 17:48   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Cashy, I'm not complaining - about time we got a bit of luck with decisions - it was someone from the press behind me that said no-one but the ref thought it was a penalty, there's been plenty of times it's been the other way round & the ref's been the only one who didn't see it
Oh i know yeh aint complaining Di, to be sure ive seen loads of those not given, more than those that are fer sure, but to me a fouls a foul, just happy its been given fer once.
Old 15-10-2016, 17:59   #37
God Member

Me too & well done agent Aldred
Old 15-10-2016, 18:30   #38
Full Member+

What an end to a boring game! Here are the goals.
Accrington 2-1 Blackpool | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 19:08   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I didn't think twas boring, thought twas a very hard contest and fair play,whilst not at our best, never gave up.in fact 2 good substitutions with good time to make an impact (fer once) made one hell of a difference.
winstanley asfc likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 15-10-2016 at 19:11.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 19:24   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
There will be a huge following from the coast on Saturday make no mistake.

They still travel in great numbers, it's only the home games the majority of fans boycott.
Very happy to say yer correct smudge.
smudgie likes this.
Old 15-10-2016, 19:58   #41

Anybody hear what the gate was today? There must have been about 1000 Seasiders.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 20:00   #42
God Member

2754ish

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 21:40   #43

1062 from Blackpool.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 22:00   #44

Now there's an interesting three league matches coming up:
Crawley away - a team in form (although they were beaten today). This is the sort of match we will win. Absorbing pressure and killing them on the break.
Newport at home - thankfully too **** poor to capitalise on our shaky home form. Another win.
That should move us up to 4/5th place and then we face Luton away. This is going to a tough one and impossible to predict. Luton are also in a rich vein of form and relatively a massive club. It is the day after my 54th birthday so two train tickets from Er Indoors and three points from John Coleman is the least I deserve as a belated present. Win it and we'll not be far off 3rd place without actually having a midfield/attack ever having fired on all cylinders.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 22:59   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
1062 from Blackpool.
Is that just the no. of Pools fans who were on Coppice End & in cowsheds cos there were quite a few in & around us in main stand - not that they were any bother, just curious why, if you go to an away match you'd be happy to sit with the home fans? I know I wouldn't, particularly when home team stage a smash & grab raid in last 10 minutes

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..