Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-10-2016, 02:28   #46
God Member

Re: Blackpool match thread

I was about to go back to bed when Blackpool scored,,instead I popped out for a smoke. Got back,being grumpy with myself for even getting up from a deep sleep in the first place, and I see its 1-1. Just as I'm about to whoop with delight, in goes #2 and its then I proceeded to wake up her and the boy (and probably the neighbours)..
Well done STANLEY.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-10-2016, 07:21   #47

Have noticed home attendance figures are up slightly this year. We have had over 1500 home fans v Pompey, Cheltenham and now Blackpool. I think the play off push, west ham and ground improvements have pushed an extra handful through the gate.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
winstanley asfc likes this.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2016, 09:15   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

How many were ours yesterday? thought we had a slight increase?
Old 16-10-2016, 10:48   #49
God Member

officially 1700 home fans Cashy, although Diane has pointed out that there were away fans in various home sections
Old 16-10-2016, 10:50   #50
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

1692 home fans but there was some pool fans in the main stand which are not in the away following figures, at least 20 I would guestimate.
Old 16-10-2016, 11:53   #51
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
1692 home fans but there was some pool fans in the main stand which are not in the away following figures, at least 20 I would guestimate.
Even so, a home figure of just shy of 1700 is going in the right direction and will no doubt please Mr Holt and other directors. Providing the team keep up the promotion push, I believe we may start getting nearer the 2,000 per game he is hoping for.
cashman likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2016, 13:29   #52
Senior Member+

Well I committed the cardinal sin yesterday, was so frustrated by the first 70 minutes or so I decided a swift exit around 85 minutes was a sensible decision. I can count on one hand in 20 years of watching Stanley how many times ive done it, oops.

As for the game itself, as others have said, I thought we where pretty dreadful to be honest for 70 minutes. Outplayed and thought by a better side. Donacien had a nightmare at Left Back, not sure why he was playing there, I thought he was a natural Right back. Obviously Boco and GTF played their part from the bench, great to see Colety using the squad wisely !

If we can get into the playoff's playing like that, then god only knows what will happen if we can hit top gear.
baldy likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2016, 13:36   #53

Wooooaaahhhh! Hold it right there Smudgie. The Don playing out of position? Christ, it's like sticking a rolls Royce engine to a tricycle. In theory it should go faster but it won't.

Please Mr Coleman end this stupid experiment immediately.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2016, 13:37   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To be honest ive never gone early, even when me team is getting stuffed, its a 90 min game simple as to me. the subs made the difference used at the right time fer once.
AccyMad, Outback Ozzy, mab and 3 others like this.

Last edited by cashman; 16-10-2016 at 13:39.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2016, 13:40   #55

Wise words Cashy. To truly appreciate the highs you must live out the worst of the lows.

I know it was only Twitter, but even with 7% battery remaining and 1-0 down I was still pressing that refresh button every 10 seconds.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2016, 14:17   #56
God Member

I suggest, if Professor Coleman has a blind spot, it's for finding and using left-footed players. It seems to have been the norm to have the left back position occupied by a right footer. Sometimes, when they're switched, having previously settled in on the other side of the defence, to both the player's and team's detriment. Joe Jacobson was notable exception as a natural left footed defender. Some 'wrong-footed' left backs have done wonders 'out of position'.
Similar issue applies to attacking down the left side. Snr Bruna was a left footer but barely got a look in to see what he might have done.
With the obvious shortage of players in League 2 who can use both feet, natural left-footers must come at a real premium.
cashman and Revived Red like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2016, 16:41   #57
Senior Member+

Great result against a good team,make no mistake they will be in the mix come April.
Never a penalty tho, watch it numerous times and if you give them you'll have twenty penalties a game.
Take it all day long tho,as we will get dodgy ones against us this season as normal!!!
Didn't see the game,but I learned an harsh lesson,don't go walking/trekking in Lakes wearing Adidas sambas - feet are wrecked
AccyMad likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2016, 20:51   #58
God Member

How on earth we occupy a play off spot is anybodys guess. We've yet to find any consistency or form. We have the makings of a good side but we're stuttering onwards in the main. We rarely occupy such a spot at this time of the season and we usually improve as the weather deteriorates. Start to hit the form we're capable of and good things could be in store.
Old 17-10-2016, 17:03   #59

Gentlemen,
I have just returned from the dark side. No! I don't mean Yorkshire!
This place is not for the faint of heart, being infested with Orks the likes of whom make the Hounds of Hell appear mere lapdogs.
Where vitriol drips like poison from every crevice. Yes Gentlemen, I speak of the Blackpool fans forum.
Foolishly I entered to see what their reaction was after Saturday's game. How I wish I hadn't bothered.
This is a place where the 'f' word abounds - and I don't mean 'f' for 'football'.
In this topsy-turvy world, defeat is celebrated & any fan foolish enough to actually attend a game is branded a scab.
So hell-bent are they to see their club fail that no one, from owners to manager, to the team itself, is immune from their venom.
One poor soul, in an attempt to soften the bitter pill of Saturday's defeat, posted the after-match comments of John Coleman,
in which he rightly praised Pool as the better team and confessed our penalty award a mystery. The response from one troll was
to label our beloved leader a 'scouse 'c'. Yes! even the 'c' word litters the threads like a cancer.
What a relief to return to the tranquility of the Stanley forum, a place where sanity & reason prevail. Where humbug is met with humour.
We may all hold different points of view, but the one thing that unites us is the love & pride we all hold for our great little club.
Based on their performance on Saturday, I'm sure Blackpool will be contenders for promotion this season.
I wonder what these trolls will say when they have to eat humble pie?
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2016, 18:05   #60
Senior Member+

Great to see Rommy on the EFL team of the week (Championship, League 1 and League 2):
Sky Bet EFL: Team of the Week
AccyMad likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..