Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree68Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2016, 21:32   #1
I am Banned

Blackpool match thread

Judging by their forum may not be many away fans

Accrington | Back Henry Street Blackpool FC Forum
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-10-2016, 21:40   #2
I am Banned

Re: Blackpool match thread

Blackpool away to Accrington Stanley on Saturday 15/10 | Back Henry Street Blackpool FC Forum

Hope they were joking about pitch invasion on this one
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2016, 10:09   #3

I can understand the strong antipathy felt be the Pool fans for their owner(s). Boycotting their home games in protest is one thing - their club suffers; but boycotting away games only hurts the innocent party, i.e..- Stanley!
Such a shame for Stanley to suffer the consequences, as the two clubs have a long and friendly association.
Don't they know there's a direct rail link from both Blackpool North & South stations on the hour (The express service from North takes only 50 minutes & costs £12.60 return)
Perhaps they're afraid their former golden boy 'GTF' will pop up to score our winner in the 91st minute!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2016, 18:30   #4
Senior Member+

There will be a huge following from the coast on Saturday make no mistake.

They still travel in great numbers, it's only the home games the majority of fans boycott.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2016, 18:52   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Hope yer right smudge, i aint convinced? a couple of blokes i know have got fed up already.
Old 14-10-2016, 08:56   #6
Senior Member+

I would be amazed if there wasn't a 1000 at least.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2016, 19:00   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I would be amazed if there wasn't a 1000 at least.
Smudgie, I too hope you're right. However, judging by the almost 100% negativity on their forum, I think it may be wildly optimistic. Lets hope their forum does not reflect the intentions of the majority of genuine Blackpool fans. Fingers crossed.
Old 14-10-2016, 19:51   #8
Senior Member+

I think that tomorrows match v Blackpool is quite important for Stanley. We slipped up last week at home against Cheltenham which makes it even more important tomorrow to pick up three points!
Blackpool have had a 'mixed' start to the season which is probably their best for a number of years! Of course one of our favourite former Stanley players is now at Blackpool at the heart of their defence and I am sure that Tom Aldred will want to perform well tomorrow.
Let's get behind the boys in Red and White again tomorrow and play our part!
ON STANLEY ON

ps Doing the bike ride from Blackpool FC to Stanley in the morning
cashman, yonmon and monkey hanger like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 08:07   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Smudgie, I too hope you're right. However, judging by the almost 100% negativity on their forum, I think it may be wildly optimistic. Lets hope their forum does not reflect the intentions of the majority of genuine Blackpool fans. Fingers crossed.
No forum ever reflects the views of the majority of a club's fans, only the minority who don't have anything better to do than waste their time navel gazing. Those with a life rarely post.
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 08:24   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
No forum ever reflects the views of the majority of a club's fans, only the minority who don't have anything better to do than waste their time navel gazing. Those with a life rarely post.
Also thickos rarely post.
Old 15-10-2016, 08:27   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
think you,re wrong about people who post on forums. although retired i do have a life away from stanley and i imagine a number of fans agree with some comments on here. no clubs fans agree on every issue but probebly at blackpool most agree on one thing. those who refuse to go to home games i can see them coming today as someone else posted its easy by train and a car journey will be under an hour. if they get hammered i imagine the atmosphere could be more than a little toxic but you can,t really blame em.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2016, 09:02   #12
God Member

andy haines reffing todays game. should be a bit of controvacy sometime this afternoon.
choirboy likes this.
Old 15-10-2016, 09:05   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
think you,re wrong about people who post on forums. although retired i do have a life away from stanley and i imagine a number of fans agree with some comments on here. no clubs fans agree on every issue but probebly at blackpool most agree on one thing. those who refuse to go to home games i can see them coming today as someone else posted its easy by train and a car journey will be under an hour. if they get hammered i imagine the atmosphere could be more than a little toxic but you can,t really blame em.
The sad thing is that the well of bitterness at Blackpool is so deep that most of the threads on their forum advocate total boycott, including away games. How is this logical? They're only hurting their team, not the owners.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 15-10-2016, 09:09   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
think you,re wrong about people who post on forums.
A simple fact that on "ANY" forum that if people did not post regular, that forum would not exist fact,also many posters are retired or disabled in some way so a forum can be a good passtime fer em, the fact this has to be explained to some demonstrates clearly to me, the density of people like that, simple as.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 15-10-2016, 10:15   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
The sad thing is that the well of bitterness at Blackpool is so deep that most of the threads on their forum advocate total boycott, including away games. How is this logical? They're only hurting their team, not the owners.
they,re hurting themselves as well. the problem may well be they haven,t a clue in how to get rid of the oystons and see this boycott as the only way forward. i seriously wish i could see a way forward for them but its a long dark tunnel of dispair for them, but they will be back i,m sure. they and their club were there before the present regime and will be there when they,ve gone but never forgotten.
AccyMad, cashman and Chrisr like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..