Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2019, 22:41   #1

Blackpool thread

Excellent game, end to end both sides having chances, thunderous tackling, aggressive nature, great atmosphere created by both sets of supporters (never heard Blackpool fans actually sing before, it's usually us making all the noise!). A draw was fair result to me. Stanley much better going forward tonight. Armstrong played well, good hold up and link up play. Rodgers was a bit more dodgy! In general we gave the ball away sometimes in poor positions. The open nature of the game left us exposed at the back.
Difficult game on Saturday. Rochdale and Fleetwood are looking big derby games to me. The sending off is an annoying situation.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-03-2019, 00:38   #2
God Member

Re: Blackpool thread

Great game tonight in a great atmosphere unfortunately spoilt by some idiots throwing things on the pitch including a bottle thrown at Emitov which with his response in throwing the bottle out of the playing area results in a red card disgrace with 11 players still on think we could have had a great chance of a point.
KiTChener likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 00:46   #3

Great game lot better the set performance. Think your a bit harsh to crisis any individual chevfire.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:05   #4
God Member

Cracking game which was completely ruined in the last 15 minutes by the ref wanting to be the star of the show!!
Nothing more to say - still fuming this morning
KiTChener and Chrisr like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 07:15   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

was a good game after a very poor start, we thought it was just like a cup tie,we could not argue oer the penalty certainly looked one to us, finley was very unlucky with a superb shot crashing the crossbar, bottom line though 4pts from 4 home games aint good enough.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:36   #6

Really good game, excellent atmosphere.
Blackpool were the better team, but we did ok. Pleased to see Harvey back. Thought Barlaser and Sam had very good games.
Our goalie looks like a madman to me. (Maybe a hasty judgement on the evidence of two games). I gather Coleman is unhappy with the sending off but if someone had chucked a bottle that hit him in the face I’m sure he’d change his view.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 07:51   #7

Just listened to the Coley interview.
He’s right to a degree, and I can understand a very passionate man being so angry, but bottom line is there will always be one idiot in a crowd of 1,500 and whether you “loop” the bottle back into the crowd or throw it hard you will get sent off.
Probably very hard to stop yourself when you are wound up after the goal as well, but what alternative is there for the officials?
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:18   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Just listened to the Coley interview.
He’s right to a degree, and I can understand a very passionate man being so angry, but bottom line is there will always be one idiot in a crowd of 1,500 and whether you “loop” the bottle back into the crowd or throw it hard you will get sent off.
Probably very hard to stop yourself when you are wound up after the goal as well, but what alternative is there for the officials?
heard the interview going home last night and thought he would be a lot more wound up than he was. the ref was on a hiding to nothing with the incident. he could have ignored the lino and just got on with the game and then been torn apart by the assessor for it. he will probably report blackpool for their fans throwing stuff on the pitch so he had to do something about emtimov. pity the incident it what will be talked about more than the excitment on offer last night. we deserved a point last night just as they did. no more no less.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 10:51   #9
Full Member+

Just one IDIOT Lord Diddy, was it 7 flares thrown
AccyMad and KiTChener like this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:19   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
heard the interview going home last night and thought he would be a lot more wound up than he was. the ref was on a hiding to nothing with the incident. he could have ignored the lino and just got on with the game and then been torn apart by the assessor for it. he will probably report blackpool for their fans throwing stuff on the pitch so he had to do something about emtimov. pity the incident it what will be talked about more than the excitment on offer last night. we deserved a point last night just as they did. no more no less.
If he doesn't report the Blackpool fans there's something very seriously wrong, he could have prevented the incident with Evtimov if he'd had the bottle to stop the game temporarily when the missiles were being thrown onto the pitch in the first place.
KiTChener likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:25   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
bottom line though 4pts from 4 home games aint good enough.
While I absolutely agree with you Cashy, we've got 12 games left and 41 points: IF - big "if" - we get a point a game, history says we'll stay up ........ I seem to remember I did a "how many points saves your bacon" analysis some weeks back in a match thread, and either 52 or 53 has always meant salvation

Can I top up your (half-full) glass for you?

Div3North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:28   #12
Full Member+

Can't argue with the red in my opinion.
I'm sure Blackpool will face repercussions from the FA for the fans, but we should only worry about what we can control, and unfortunately Dimi made the wrong decision regardless.
If you're a player and you shove another player during a game, you'll probably get booked. Shove a fan and no doubt you will be having an early shower!

Apart from that incident - how badly are we missing Ross Sykes at the back!
Thought Harvey had a good game, Yozzer was sloppy which is very unlike him.
Callum caught out of position for cover for their first goal, think he was in two minds as a wing back.
Janoi is not a centre half full stop. Can't agree with Paul Lambert, he's strong and physical, definitely a full back in my view. Too many times Hughes was left 2 on 1 with their centre forwards.
Clicker aka Mr no end product (sorry 28!!) wasted another golden opportunity in front of goal. I love him, he has technical ability that wouldn't look out of place for a team at the top of the championship - but I can think of at least 5 opportunities he's had this year where it would have been easier to score than miss. Thought he played too central in first half, his natural instinct was to take the ball wide when a through ball to Armstrong would have been a better choice.

Armstrong was fantastic, ran himself into the ground, very strong on the ball and held it up well. Didn't rate him the other week in the Lancashire Senior Cup - happy to be proved wrong!!

Understand why people not happy Smyth didn't get a look in - personally I agree with Coley bringing Billy on but thought should of been sooner.
The amount of balls bobbling in the Blackpool box just needed a poachers instinct, and to peel off from the defender for crosses. Billy is a natural at that.

Saturday can't come quick enough.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:44   #13
God Member

[QUOTE=StanleyJosh;1225076]

Understand why people not happy Smyth didn't get a look in - personally I agree with Coley bringing Billy on but thought should of been sooner.
The amount of balls bobbling in the Blackpool box just needed a poachers instinct, and to peel off from the defender for crosses. Billy is a natural at that.

back to the substitute issue once again. didn,t they use 3 before billy finally come on and why not at least 15 minutes earlier. thought we might have seen smith on to replace sean who was on an early caution anyway and by replacing i do not mean with 5 minutes to go.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 12:05   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

The experience J.C.has as a manager, yet still brings billy on with less than two mins of normal time is crazy too me. i cannot think of any reason at all for that, if anyone can see the sense please speak out.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 06-03-2019, 12:08   #15
Full Member+

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1225078]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post

back to the substitute issue once again. didn,t they use 3 before billy finally come on and why not at least 15 minutes earlier. thought we might have seen smith on to replace sean who was on an early caution anyway and by replacing i do not mean with 5 minutes to go.
I'm in two minds over this.
On one side, especially as Blackpool had already made the 3 changes, I thought Coley could of made a few substitutes, changed our formation/style of play and made Blackpool adapt to us with what they had on the pitch. (e.g put all 3 sub strikers on, play 4 strikers on the pitch and see how there winger does playing centre half to cover haha - not that drastic but you get my gist!)

On the other hand, I agree with Coley about picking a team with the right players to do the job. It was a physical game - not suited to Smyth in my opinion. I'd of brought Billy on earlier and allowed Sean and Clicker to drift wide and stretch Blackpool. Personally I'd of started Scotty Brown and gone 4-1-4-1 and let the front 4 roam freely behind Armstrong.
StanleyJosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..