Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-10-2022, 18:44   #1
God Member

Question Bolton game

4 v 1 for the yellow cards, really!!!!!!

Other than Sean's stupid rugby tackle on Trafford, the game was fair, so how come????

Terrible today from Bobby Madden and he is supposed to be one of the better ones..............

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-10-2022, 19:10   #2
God Member

Re: Bolton game

Their subs made the difference this afternoon as did our lack of subs - no more to say, except that to allow the opposition's fans who are in hospitality free access to the stand adjacent to the home fans is not acceptable-but apparently, according to our hierarchy, it's fine as long as they're paying!! I know we need the money in but to give them preference to our loyal 'bread & butter' fans - sorry, but can't agree

Last edited by AccyMad; 22-10-2022 at 19:20.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2022, 20:23   #3
God Member

100% Correct, but the 'Johnny come lately' brigade do not understand

Old 22-10-2022, 20:34   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
100% Correct, but the 'Johnny come lately' brigade do not understand

That was a quote from Mr. B today - clearly, our loyal home fans mean less than any paying away fans these days
Inspector Morse and Watchdog like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2022, 20:42   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Their subs made the difference this afternoon as did our lack of subs - no more to say…
Spot on, Accymad.
Three new Trotters at 53mins. Three minutes later, their first goal, “assisted” by one sub, and another sub lays on their second.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2022, 08:58   #6
God Member

Just watched the low lights and the commentator said it was the first Bolton League win at our place since 1891!!!

@Cashy, what was the referee like on that day????

Old 23-10-2022, 13:24   #7
Full Member+

Quote:
Just watched the low lights and the commentator said it was the first Bolton League win at our place since 1891!!!

@Cashy, what was the referee like on that day????
Numan tribute at the Arden at 6.30pm today, obviously bringing it up due to your Tubeway pic.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2022, 14:39   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

to be honest i thought a sub would be used when bolton pulled a goal back.could not understand also who we had 1 striker at the start and Bolton had 3 we were at home for gods sake stupid to me,
keep the faith and Watchdog like this.
Old 24-10-2022, 12:31   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Numan tribute at the Arden at 6.30pm today, obviously bringing it up due to your Tubeway pic.
Cheers Chewbacca

Not living in Accy these days, but thanks anyway

Old 24-10-2022, 13:42   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

just read j.cs report he says the one we deserved to lose most was the bolton game i do not agree out of the last3 games, we lost the bolton game cos he did NOT substitute tired lads early enough in my opinion.
Old 24-10-2022, 13:57   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
just read j.cs report he says the one we deserved to lose most was the bolton game i do not agree out of the last3 games, we lost the bolton game cos he did NOT substitute tired lads early enough in my opinion.
Well he more or less admitted in his interview this morning that's what he should have done and shored things up saying the staff aren't infallible and will learn from mistakes.
KiTChener likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2022, 14:26   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

disagree andy it dont look like that to me i was always taught yeh make a mistake yeh admit it.
Old 01-02-2023, 14:43   #13

From the Managing director

(1 of 3) ASFC has been fined £5k for discriminatory chants at the game v BWFC on 22nd October - we also have to implement an action plan at some considerable ongoing cost - we play BWFC again in 3 weeks on TV and we WILL be observed and monitored..

(2 of 3) We can't afford for any discriminatory behavior (and therefore fines) to be repeated EVER - if it does there will be zero tolerance from the club and the offenders will be removed from the stadium & banned, and the management of home matchday's will become more stringent

(3 of 3) The club will not fund unnecessary match day cost increases - they will be passed on, including the cost of more policed games, tickets, etc. - please take note and EVERYONE please behave like the 99% of ASFC fans already do....loud, proud and enjoy the matches #asfc

Is this the second time a fine has happened for the same sort of chants?
Old 01-02-2023, 15:13   #14
God Member

So what is/was chanted differently at the Bolton (and Morecambe???) game(s)

I hear 90% of the same songs when I go and some tailored - Jim Harvey - at a minority???? (on that note, the Jim Harvey song is in bad taste - I.M.H.O.)

Old 01-02-2023, 15:17   #15

Quote:
So what is/was chanted differently at the Bolton (and Morecambe???) game(s)

I hear 90% of the same songs when I go and some tailored - Jim Harvey - at a minority???? (on that note, the Jim Harvey song is in bad taste - I.M.H.O.)

Who knows but we've had another fine and have to come with some agreement, and looks like costing will go up if it continued Which I agree with. This never used to happen. Only lately started.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..