Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2023, 06:43   #1
Full Member+

Smile Bolton Post Match

Well, at least we can now concentrate keeping in EFL League 1 and, avoid paying £16 for a pie and a pint when down Sarf.
Crown Grounder and yonmon like this.
Watchdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2023, 07:01   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Bolton Post Match

To travel hopefully is better than to arrive …
yonmon likes this.
Old 23-02-2023, 07:58   #3
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Bolton Post Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
To travel hopefully is better than to arrive …
Amen !! ..
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2023, 08:42   #4
God Member

Difficult tie made more difficult when 10 men had to play against 12 for 70 minutes.
But all ten, plus the four (too-late) subs, gave their all.
Thought some the Bolton fans were scummy - just hope it’s not Stanley that gets fined for smoke bombs, and pitch invasions.
choirboy and Watchdog like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2023, 09:04   #5
Senior Member+

Have you seen the latest film release?
Could have been nominated for a BAFTA award?

“WIPE OUT!” Starring…..James Trafford!

Firstly, I hope that Liam Coyle is ok and makes a speedy recovery from the assault that he suffered during the match.

Secondly, the referee was wrong to only give Trafford a Yellow Card. I have never seen a more blatant Red Card situation before!

The detail;
a) Coyle was always going to be first to the high ball.
b) Coyle had a run and leap to get high above the more static Bolton defender.
c) Trafford accelerated towards the incident and clearly had time to assess and decide what he was going to do.
d) Trafford decided to ‘Wipe Out’ both players knowing that he was committing a professional foul.
e) The Bolton defender hardly got off the ground so Trafford’s challenge did not pose too much danger to him.
f) Coyle was high above the ground having made a great leap in trying to head the ball.
g) Trafford’s action caused Coyle to cartwheel and fall head and upper body towards the ground first.
h) Trafford’s action was endangering the safety of Liam Coyle and caused his injury.

The only option open for the referee should have been to have given Trafford a straight RED CARD!

I always stand behind the right hand side of the Clayton End goal in line with the six yard box. Trafford started his run right in front of me and I was seeing exactly the same view as he was. As soon as he started his acceleration, I said to myself, ‘Trafford is never going to get there!’
The referee simply got it wrong!

TRAFFORD SHOULD HAVE BEEN SENT OFF…..

Just to repeat….I hope that Coyle recovers well.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2023, 09:19   #6
Senior Member+

Regarding the rest of the game…..
I thought the game was fairly even up to Sean Mac’s poor decision to make the tackle in their half. Some would say the red card was harsh and others that the red card was deserved. Nevertheless it was IMHO a poor piece of play by Sean. The Stanley ‘ten’ set up a defensive system which Bolton found very difficult to pierce. Once again Jensen was superb. All of our outfield players ran themselves into the ground!
The two Bolton goals had an inevitability about them but for the first goal ….was Longelo fouled by the Bolton scorer? For the second goal I think Jensen’s view was blocked by one of our defenders and he saw the ball too late.
Our players who stayed on the pitch tonight were magnificent as was the vocal and colorful support from the Stanley faithful.
Lots of Cup Finals to come in the remaining League matches so……
KEEP THE FAITH
ON STANLEY ON
Old 23-02-2023, 12:16   #7

What disappointed me most about the collision was Trafford’s undoubted attempt at persuading the referee to be more lenient with his inevitable decision. He knew what he had done and to buy himself more time he stayed down for a prolonged period of treatment. During this time, the referee had ample opportunity to confirm with his officials about what the punishment should be, however he held a yellow card in his hand for a long time until the keeper got to his feet. This was was a major decision that could well have influenced the game in our favour, as a red card would have meant them having to withdraw an outfield player. The added disappointment was seeing the “injured” Trafford racing the length of the pitch to join in the pile on for the second goal celebration. In spite of all this, the important factor is Liam’s health and I just hope he is back playing soon.
coley1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2023, 12:25   #8
God Member

Nothing like sport to reveal the true character of a person.
Trafford has plummeted in my estimation after last night.
cashman and choirboy like this.
Old 23-02-2023, 13:10   #9

I imagine the cup sponsors & EFL are breathing a huge sigh of relief after Bolton's victory last night.
After all, the last thing they want turning up at their flagship final is a minnow like Accrington Stanley.
No! Two big city clubs, both with a substantial fanbase, will do nicely thankyou.
In fact, I'd bet they'd love to see nothing better than Stanley back in non-league, where they think we belong.
After recent events, you could be forgiven for thinking they're determined to make it happen.
The ludicrous number of yellow & red cards we've received, often for trivial offences; whilst opponents get away scot-free.
The retrospective trawling for offences of any kind, so they can issue yet another fine against the club.
Anyone with a cynical mind would be certain there's a conspiracy theory at work here.
Our dream of a trip to Wembley is over. No one can deny the best team won, so good luck to Bolton against Plymouth.
We have a bigger battle ahead - to make sure we stay in L1 and cock-a-snoop at those who think we don't deserve to be there.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2023, 13:31   #10
Senior Member+

Quote from FA Laws of the Game, Rule1:
“Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off.”
In my honest opinion James Trafford’s ‘wipe out’ of Coyle last night clearly broke this law.
Old 23-02-2023, 14:33   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Have you seen the latest film release?
Could have been nominated for a BAFTA award?

“WIPE OUT!” Starring…..James Trafford!

Firstly, I hope that Liam Coyle is ok and makes a speedy recovery from the assault that he suffered during the match.

Secondly, the referee was wrong to only give Trafford a Yellow Card. I have never seen a more blatant Red Card situation before!

The detail;
a) Coyle was always going to be first to the high ball.
b) Coyle had a run and leap to get high above the more static Bolton defender.
c) Trafford accelerated towards the incident and clearly had time to assess and decide what he was going to do.
d) Trafford decided to ‘Wipe Out’ both players knowing that he was committing a professional foul.
e) The Bolton defender hardly got off the ground so Trafford’s challenge did not pose too much danger to him.
f) Coyle was high above the ground having made a great leap in trying to head the ball.
g) Trafford’s action caused Coyle to cartwheel and fall head and upper body towards the ground first.
h) Trafford’s action was endangering the safety of Liam Coyle and caused his injury.

The only option open for the referee should have been to have given Trafford a straight RED CARD!

I always stand behind the right hand side of the Clayton End goal in line with the six yard box. Trafford started his run right in front of me and I was seeing exactly the same view as he was. As soon as he started his acceleration, I said to myself, ‘Trafford is never going to get there!’
The referee simply got it wrong!

TRAFFORD SHOULD HAVE BEEN SENT OFF…..

Just to repeat….I hope that Coyle recovers well.
Anyone have a link to the incident ?
Want to see it from a camera angle ........ rather than what I saw first hand.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2023, 15:29   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Interestingly, the “highlights” on the Stanley web show McConville’s “tackle” at various angles.
But there’s no replay of Trafford’s “tackle”.
Sign into the Stanley web site, click on iFollow then look for last night’s highlights (or the entire match if you have the time and stomach for it).
cashman likes this.
Old 23-02-2023, 16:07   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I am only going off what I saw. Still images can give a false impression I feel. Although as you suggest it would be interesting to see the incident from different angles as videos.
Old 23-02-2023, 16:37   #14

I agree that there seems to be an element of bias toward Stanley, see the fine for failure to control the crowd in the earlier game against Bolton. By implication this was for homophobic language, what , this has never happened at any other ground only ours? Additionally the reports about a murderer getting sentenced almost make it sound like he's a player of ours rather than a guy who appeared in an old advert!
cashman and pifco like this.
anmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2023, 19:44   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anmc View Post
I agree that there seems to be an element of bias toward Stanley, see the fine for failure to control the crowd in the earlier game against Bolton….!
So don’t be surprised if Stanley get another fine for Bolton fans behaviour last night.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..