Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-08-2016, 20:25   #16

Re: Boo boys go home !!.

moaning you say? At Stanley you say?

Last season we sat in the corner of the main stand near the Clayton end. Leg room, seats, close to the warmth of the clubhouse at half time and a bit of atmosphere wafting our way from behind the goals. No moaning there, in that little haven, that I ever noticed and no wonder.

This year our season tickets are for block G. (Wrong side of the half way line. Don't know why as we asked to be in the corner). We didn't bother sitting in them for the Doncaster match, scared off by the unfamiliar wrinkled faces, flat caps, flasks of various tartan patterns and walking sticks and other threatening looking mobility aids. We thought the old timers there presented a risk of assorted moans and grumbles.
However, we sat in them for the first half of the Exeter match. There wasn't any moaning there either, just silence.

My parents, in their 80s/70s sit near the press box. They moan a lot, but at least it's nearly always about the ref or "that bloody drum".

And then the Clayton end for the last two matches. No moaning there either.

So, I'm baffled. Where is this alleged moaning coming from?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-08-2016, 23:04   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
moaning you say? At Stanley you say?

Last season we sat in the corner of the main stand near the Clayton end. Leg room, seats, close to the warmth of the clubhouse at half time and a bit of atmosphere wafting our way from behind the goals. No moaning there, in that little haven, that I ever noticed and no wonder.

This year our season tickets are for block G. (Wrong side of the half way line. Don't know why as we asked to be in the corner). We didn't bother sitting in them for the Doncaster match, scared off by the unfamiliar wrinkled faces, flat caps, flasks of various tartan patterns and walking sticks and other threatening looking mobility aids. We thought the old timers there presented a risk of assorted moans and grumbles.
However, we sat in them for the first half of the Exeter match. There wasn't any moaning there either, just silence.

My parents, in their 80s/70s sit near the press box. They moan a lot, but at least it's nearly always about the ref or "that bloody drum".

And then the Clayton end for the last two matches. No moaning there either.

So, I'm baffled. Where is this alleged moaning coming from?
Lord D !...I, and others on our forum are well aware that since my descent into my dotage, my posts reflect the fact that one or two thousand, or even more of my brain cells have deteriorated to the point where they are never going to serve my thought processes ever again !.
But I can assure you that the details outlined in the initial post of this thread are absolutely accurate and in no way are they the products of my sometimes wandering and over-dramatic mind !.
The unfriendly and unwarranted booing and spiteful slurs shouted at the very players the perpetrators profess to support does go on and in my humble opinion adds little to one's
enjoyment of a game.
We're you to sit near my reserved seat by the Visiting Directors and F19 ! you would I feel ,from the tenure of your posts, share the same outrage !.

On that note, I will sip at my glass of Absolut Vodka and T, get off my high horse, and
plan my route to The Olympic Stadium !.

ON STANLEY !...ON TO GREATER THINGS !!.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 13:01   #18

Thanks for the tip off Yonmon. I will avoid that area at all costs. Everything at Stanley is perfection in my naïve opinion* and I wouldn't want that to change.

* apart from the peppered pies, but Dav007 will be sorting that.
cashman likes this.
Old 30-08-2016, 16:14   #19
Senior Member+

Hi, yonmon I’m a bit perplexed.
I also have a seat in that area of the stand, the only booing I can remember have been after a bad tackle by an opposing player or bad refereeing, as for the (get it up the field) surely this is common shout that can be heard at almost any football ground in the country, in the context of the game when being a goal down and the final minutes of play ticking away its more a shout of desperation when all common sense & reasoning have been thrown out of the window
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2016, 17:59   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Hi, yonmon I’m a bit perplexed.
I also have a seat in that area of the stand, the only booing I can remember have been after a bad tackle by an opposing player or bad refereeing, as for the (get it up the field) surely this is common shout that can be heard at almost any football ground in the country, in the context of the game when being a goal down and the final minutes of play ticking away its more a shout of desperation when all common sense & reasoning have been thrown out of the window
I'm fed up with those who appear to disbelieve what I witnessed and reported in this thread...first Lord D, and now accybeme of all people !.
It has cut me to the quick to think that perhaps I have been hearing sounds which did not exist, and that the medication which my GP assured me would make life easier for me is not having the restorative attempt I had hoped for !, and now accybeme is perplexed also ....doesn't life play some cruel tricks on us at times ?.
So with apologies to him for bringing any bewilderment and confusion into his life, I must struggle along in this 'did I' or 'didn't I ' mode until my next medication review !.
Old 30-08-2016, 18:35   #21

It's not that I don't believe you, it's that I don't want to believe you.
Old 30-08-2016, 18:38   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Ah but yeh gotta consider the fact, every club has a few knobheads.
Old 30-08-2016, 20:01   #23
Senior Member+

Quote:
Ah , but there's the rub Lord.D. If one , whether or not one is able to view true veracity as a total entity or merely 'un oiseau de passage' , and therfore is able to see the truth as it is opened up to one as a concept which in it's purity cannot be questioned and therefore must be believed,then no vestige of doubt would be present to challenge it. For doesn't belief in the truth commences with the doubting of all those “truths” we once believed ?.

What I'm trying to say is that I see and understand your dilemma !..at least, and unlike our esteemed fellow-fan, you don't seem at all perplexed !.

Time for Medication...and the odd V and T or two !

Au revoir !.

ON STANLEY...ON TO GREATER THINGS !.
Old 30-08-2016, 21:18   #24
Senior Member+

Mr.T. !

I wouldn't be at all surprised or disappointed if having read some of the posts on this thread, you took it in your mind to condemn it to that place where defunct threads have their final rest !
Old 30-08-2016, 22:01   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Ah but yeh gotta consider the fact, every club has a few knobheads.
See Lord.D. ..... Cashy knows the truth !
Old 30-08-2016, 22:02   #26
Senior Member+

Mr.T...is it time yet ?.
Old 30-08-2016, 22:26   #27
Senior Member+

Yonmon no affront intended, I have never said I disbelieve what you reported, I just said that I was sitting in the same area and I was puzzled why I failed to hear the booing you refer to,
anyway it looks like I’m puzzled again, 15 minutes into the second half in to-nights match the linesman on the far side flagged for what I can only presume was an off-side for Billy Kee, the ref then proceeded to place the ball for the free kick some two yards inside our own half, can you make any sense of the decision
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 07:50   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Yonmon no affront intended, I have never said I disbelieve what you reported, I just said that I was sitting in the same area and I was puzzled why I failed to hear the booing you refer to,
anyway it looks like I’m puzzled again, 15 minutes into the second half in to-nights match the linesman on the far side flagged for what I can only presume was an off-side for Billy Kee, the ref then proceeded to place the ball for the free kick some two yards inside our own half, can you make any sense of the decision
Suould have gone to Specsavers probably....the Referee I mean, not you accybeme !..But on top of my recentl concern about possible auditory illusions invading my world, I dare not venture into the realms of Visual Hallucinations...no need for Lysergic Acid these days I can tell you !.
So, there is a possible solution then...the Referee could have been disorientated due to an OD of LSD...unlikely I know, but these are strange times we live in, as I am sure you will agree !

ON STANLEY....ON TO GREATER THINGS !.
Old 31-08-2016, 08:17   #29
God Member

anyway it looks like I’m puzzled again, 15 minutes into the second half in to-nights match the linesman on the far side flagged for what I can only presume was an off-side for Billy Kee, the ref then proceeded to place the ball for the free kick some two yards inside our own half, can you make any sense of the decision[/QUOTE]

law was altered in the summer. an free kick is given against a player who was in an offside position at the point he becomes active that is when he runs back to make a challenge which can happen anywhere on the pitch or field of play as they call it. confused, try and implement it on a sunday morning. ref. probebly right in what he did last night although obviously i wasn,t there to see it.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-2016, 11:20   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
law was altered in the summer. an free kick is given against a player who was in an offside position at the point he becomes active that is when he runs back to make a challenge which can happen anywhere on the pitch or field of play as they call it. confused, try and implement it on a sunday morning. ref. probebly right in what he did last night although obviously i wasn,t there to see it.[/QUOTE]

It often occurs to me MH that it is better not to be there to witness an event, but rather to rely on either the account of someone who was there to observe it, or better still picture it in the mind's eye.
I usually rely on the latter option which allows me to embroider a situation to it's extreme and create images which please me no end !.
Whilst thanking accybeme for painting a brief cameo from last night's game, which gave me some insight into the sort of encounter taking place at The Wham/Crown last evening, I am indebted to you also for your succinct explanation of the particular law relating to the incident,
which I will take to heart and in it's knowledge enjoy my soccer viewing more comprehensively from now on.

It's got nowt to do with the Boo Boys though .....is there an FA Law which regulates this ?.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..