Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-08-2016, 10:47   #1
Senior Member+

Boo boys go home !!.

After the teams all-out exertions for 120 minutes last Wednesday evening, and being depleted in numbers for much of the Morecambe game, I felt surprised and then disgusted by the moronic behaviour of 'The Boo Boys ' sitting not too far away from me in the Main Stand, and would not have been surprised if JC had made them the target of one of his rather 'forceful' reprimands !.
Their Boos , accompanied by the usual ' get it up t'field ' mantra came during an exceptionally cool passing movement by Stanley's hard-pressed defenders which resulted in a Morecambe attack which had ' Goal ' written all over it being snuffed out !.
Now I know that , unlike F19 I am a trifle naive where the finer points of Soccer are concerned,
but I can spot where so-called ' Fans ', due to unacceptable responses to what is going on during a game can have a negative influence on the performance of individual players and the team has a whole !....so from me to them.. ' SHUT UP !!'.

My final thought on the matter, and one which baffles me somewhat, is why these individuals turn up in the first place if they have such little comprehension of what a game of Soccer is all about.

Had to get it off my chest ! , sorry for the verbosity !.

ON STANLEY ! ...ON TO GREATER THINGS !,
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-08-2016, 11:23   #2
God Member

Re: Boo boys go home !!.

They probably come to have a good moan because at work / home their boss / wife won't put up with it.
Maybe our new Fan(tasist) Rep will sort out these malign moaners, when he's finished overseeing the seasoning of the steak pies.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 11:29   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Perhaps they were booing Coleman fer his complete lack of tactical Nous? Have yeh considered if they dont turn up? even less attendance than we have now.

Last edited by cashman; 28-08-2016 at 11:32.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 12:03   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Perhaps they were booing Coleman fer his complete lack of tactical Nous? .
The,same lack of nous that got us within a goal of league 1?
The same lack of nous that has seen an improved league position year upon year?
The same lack of nous that beat premier league Burnley on Tuesday?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 12:15   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Perhaps they were booing Coleman fer his complete lack of tactical Nous? Have yeh considered if they dont turn up? even less attendance than we have now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
I have to say, though it goes against the grain, I'm with Dav on this one
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 28-08-2016, 12:26   #6

Quote:
Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

Only joking. Team had enough going against it without whingers jumping on their backs as well.
monkey hanger likes this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2016, 15:20   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
No-ones knocking his achievements are yeh too numb to see that dav?His Nous sub wise is tactically sod all thats what i'm saying, perhaps a bit complicated fer yeh too grasp?
Old 29-08-2016, 12:53   #8
Senior Member+

Cashy,you need to come and listen to some of the moaning in the main stand,it's hilarious!!
Some of it is definitely a wind up tho,hence I just ignore it,although very funny !!
If someone controlled the ball and fired it in from 25 yards,one wag would still complain "he didn't need a touch"!!!
Suppose they pay their money so are entitled to a opinion.
Goes on at every ground tho,non more so than Man Utd,they must have 50 thousand "Fergies"!!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2016, 13:35   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Cashy,you need to come and listen to some of the moaning in the main stand,it's hilarious!!
Some of it is definitely a wind up tho,hence I just ignore it,although very funny !!
If someone controlled the ball and fired it in from 25 yards,one wag would still complain "he didn't need a touch"!!!
Goes on at every ground tho,non more so than Man Utd,they must have 50 thousand "Fergies"!!!
Sorry mate just have a great dislike fer sitting at a football match, when i have too i will.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 29-08-2016, 13:46   #10
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
YEP they sit 2 rows back behind me and they get on my t==s
Old 29-08-2016, 13:47   #11
Senior Member+

Main stand has always been full of them.

Yes they have probably been attending games more than anyone else, but that doesn't give them the right to constantly have a go.

I had a season ticket there for a couple of season's a few years back, coulden't wait to get out of the stand !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2016, 14:15   #12
Senior Member+

Speaking of main stand characters,there used to be two "big" blokes (think they may have been brothers),who sat near us.
Never seen them for years,and miss their humour and wit,anyone any idea what happened to them?,someone said they now attend Burnleys games?,great characters with booming voices !!!
Old 29-08-2016, 15:28   #13
Senior Member+

That could have been me and me mate Igor
baldy and gpick24 like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2016, 15:50   #14
Senior Member+

Nah Davo, they never carried a chicken in their hood !!
DAV007 and st06nc2 like this.
Old 29-08-2016, 16:52   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Sorry mate just have a great dislike fer sitting at a football match, when i have too i will.
Dearie dearie me young Cashy !...Just wait ' til you lads get to my age then you'll know about it you'll only be glad to cuddle up to some other geriatric fan for a bit of comfort and warmth ...and in't Main Stand there's only toilet facilities wit' receptacles half way up to t'ceiling you know an me an t'other owd fellas carnt reach up to em properly and make a mess !, while youve got them posh stainless steel affairs in that Fanzone !...wheers t'fairness in that I ask you ?.
And then at half time them on't right of us all go for a cup of tea, and half a meat pie..all gratis, free and costin' nowt !...and theres a decent sort of toilet through that door in't stand, or so I'm told...
Ay lad , you keep on standin'for as long as you can..and look after young Wynonie while you're at it !..he must be pushin' on in years I fancy by now !.
All in all...being an Octogenarian..isnt much fun !...I believe though that some special thought in going to be given to us oldies when't new Stand goes up !. Specially trained young ladies will be on hand to cater for our every whim...and I do get a lot of whims these days !..
But until then, your old mate must suffer for Soccers sake !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..