Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2011, 21:21   #166
Full Member+

Re: Brace yourselves in again please ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie View Post
I run my own business and I can tell you exactly what I owe, to whom and when it's due, come on Stanley give your customers some facts
...... And I suppose you tell all your customers this level of information eg how much profit you are taking from them etc etc? ;-)
Old 18-02-2011, 21:32   #167

is this a gay thing
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 21:36   #168

This threads getting interesting
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 21:40   #169
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by duggie View Post
is this a gay thing
Give us a kiss n i'll tell yeh.
Old 19-02-2011, 09:42   #170
Full Member+

I don't want to stir up the hornet's nest, but if we weren't passionate about our Club, there wouldn't be this amount of emotion displayed in this thread ... and I don't mean last night's gay exchanges

People were invited to a meeting with Peter Shaw as representatives of different sections of the Club's fanbase and so have a responsibility to report back to them.

So far, we have "the end of this month we'll owe that taxman around 100k", "we have nowt coming in", and "the difference between incomings and outgoings is massive and we won't pull it around".

The meeting lasted an hour from what has been said on here, so beyond the 10 seconds that it takes to say the above, what else is there to report?

My specific questions to our representatives at the meeting:
  • Has the £250,000 PL parachute payment already been received in full and spent?
  • If £100,000 will be owed to HMRC by the end of this month, are there other significant debts also owed that are likely to lead to court action in the short term?
  • Have the players' wages been paid in full and on-time?
  • Is the course of action being asked of fans (other than to support the 'Back the Boys' campaign) to wait for the decisions of the Board meeting today or to be prepared for another SOS Appeal.
  • Were there any other courses of action available to the fans?

Last edited by Whalley Red; 19-02-2011 at 09:46.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 09:47   #171
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

questions ok, what about the answers?
Old 19-02-2011, 09:55   #172
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalley Red View Post
I don't want to stir up the hornet's nest, but if we weren't passionate about our Club, there wouldn't be this amount of emotion displayed in this thread ... and I don't mean last night's gay exchanges

People were invited to a meeting with Peter Shaw as representatives of different sections of the Club's fanbase and so have a responsibility to report back to them.

So far, we have "the end of this month we'll owe that taxman around 100k", "we have nowt coming in", and "the difference between incomings and outgoings is massive and we won't pull it around".

The meeting lasted an hour from what has been said on here, so beyond the 10 seconds that it takes to say the above, what else is there to report?

My specific questions to our representatives at the meeting:
  • Has the £250,000 PL parachute payment already been received in full and spent?
  • If £100,000 will be owed to HMRC by the end of this month, are there other significant debts also owed that are likely to lead to court action in the short term?
  • Have the players' wages been paid in full and on-time?
  • Is the course of action being asked of fans (other than to support the 'Back the Boys' campaign) to wait for the decisions of the Board meeting today or to be prepared for another SOS Appeal.
  • Were there any other courses of action available to the fans?
Disclaimer, the answers given are not 100% fact as I have no proof but can tell you what I'm aware of. Before anybody wonders why I was there, I wasn't invited, I was on chauffeur duty so I gatecrashed as there was no security on the door

1. I got the impression the parachute payments are paid monthly, don't know when they started or when they finish.

2. A figure of 40k was banded about, no mention of wehter that would end in court action

3. Yes and No.

4. Wait. To be honest another SOS appeal would bring in very little, I can tell you from being a supporter of another club you will get very little sympathy again as you did first time round.

5. See 4
Old 19-02-2011, 10:15   #173

hmmmmmm didnt i more or less say same yesterday???

funny how yesterday it turned some OPs into more or less telling me to shut up and see post 1 but this morning there is a answer although its the OP view (he doesnt claim its fact)but at least its helpful,
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 10:24   #174
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post

hmmmmmm didnt i more or less say same yesterday???

funny how yesterday it turned some OPs into more or less telling me to shut up and see post 1 but this morning there is a answer although its the OP view (he doesnt claim its fact)but at least its helpful,

Not sure I put anything in my answers that wasn't in post 1 sort of ish, just put a disclaimer and specific to the questions.
Old 19-02-2011, 10:47   #175
God Member

Geeee shoot the messengers katei!!! We're doing our best, tho when told of debts we didn't need an itinerary of who's owed and what, about 40 grand is about 40 grand of bills that's not being paid, worryingly some small businesses are effected in that but it's not privy of us to ask, fact of the case is 40 grand is owed excluding tax man and that's all we need to know at this stage, some of that money was un necessary and the need of good management at top is a necessity in order to control outgoings. The accounts won't be filed in time as accountancy is in that amount again no figure to compute but example of required outgoings as example to what kind of bills we have.

Does that spell it out more ???

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 19-02-2011 at 10:56.
Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 11:21   #176

well lets hope for two very good crowds for the next two games
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2011, 11:29   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Geeee shoot the messengers katei!!! We're doing our best, tho when told of debts we didn't need an itinerary of who's owed and what, about 40 grand is about 40 grand of bills that's not being paid, worryingly some small businesses are effected in that but it's not privy of us to ask, fact of the case is 40 grand is owed excluding tax man and that's all we need to know at this stage, some of that money was un necessary and the need of good management at top is a necessity in order to control outgoings. The accounts won't be filed in time as accountancy is in that amount again no figure to compute but example of required outgoings as example to what kind of bills we have.

Does that spell it out more ???
I wasnt having ago but this could of be posted yesterday when i asked all we were told in post 1 was we will owe the taxman bout 100k nothing about another 40k owed on top of that .....can you see where im coming from?
Old 19-02-2011, 11:31   #178
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
well lets hope for two very good crowds for the next two games

And some dry weather
Old 19-02-2011, 11:41   #179

hmmmm weather dont look great
Old 19-02-2011, 11:44   #180
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post
I wasnt having ago but this could of be posted yesterday when i asked all we were told in post 1 was we will owe the taxman bout 100k nothing about another 40k owed on top of that .....can you see where im coming from?
People have already said tho thats what macca was on about post 1 the outgoings are massive to the incomings, ive just purposely spelled it out bluntly

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..