Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2011, 15:51   #226
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Brace yourselves in again please ....

So it wasn't a doom and gloom board meeting after all,on stanley on
Old 20-02-2011, 16:13   #227
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Am I the only person that missed "the sad demise of the shirt sponsor"? That's twice in what, 3 seasons?
Spotted that to CHIMER. If the statement refers to Fraser Eagle, well that was ages ago and I thought it wouldn't be a factor still. However, if itd Combined Stablisation, how come their add is still on fishy site?
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 16:33   #228
Senior Member+

I believe Combined Stabilisation are currently in administration, or at least thats what I been told. I don't know where to check it to see if its true!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 16:43   #229
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Spotted that to CHIMER. If the statement refers to Fraser Eagle, well that was ages ago and I thought it wouldn't be a factor still. However, if itd Combined Stablisation, how come their add is still on fishy site?
It's still on the shirts too
Old 20-02-2011, 16:44   #230
Senior Member+

So please do correct me if I am wrong, but what exactly have we to brace ourselves for? OK we are £100K short of cash than was projected, I know it is probably asking a lot, but will Mr Khan bail us out of the mire again to ease through these problems. And as stated on the fishy site, get everyone back to the Crown to support the team! From reading the statement on the website, it is good to see the 'books' are finally sorted and that the cardboard person is NOT the majority (over 50%) shareholder. Time to go now Eric. You were once revered, now you and yours are just a laughing stock. Also take your puppet with you or if he has any sense, walk away and do not come back.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 16:46   #231
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
I believe Combined Stabilisation are currently in administration, or at least thats what I been told. I don't know where to check it to see if its true!
Not sure if this will work

WebCHeck - Select Search Results
Old 20-02-2011, 16:57   #232
God Member

I think it's also been mentioned that the company who do the perimeter boards have also gone
Old 20-02-2011, 16:58   #233

Guys, yes, poor old Combined Stabilisation have, apparently, not been able to fulfill their obligations under the sponsorship agreement. Its unfortunate, but these are tough times for business, no question about it. We hope that the management of CS might be able to find a way to retain the link with the Club.

thanks
Ilyas
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 16:59   #234
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Not sure if this will work

WebCHeck - Select Search Results
It works Dave

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 17:01   #235
Super Moderator

'ow do, Ilyas, great to see you back! Could you tell us any more about the present situation?
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 17:02   #236
God Member

Think it would be great now to have the official clarification on things like current finances
that were brought up in the mini meeting last wed nite as some of us that did duely passed the word on have been made to look like gossip mongerers without back up now

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 17:04   #237
God Member

Now if only a local company could come up with a method of re-applying a different name to the front of the shirts for each match and getting a different shirt sponsor each match to cough up an amount of money per game
Old 20-02-2011, 17:09   #238

I am sorry that i have not been posting on this bulletin board, but the situation at the Club has not been easy to describe without compromising on-going investigations. On that point, therefore, I will ask for your continued patience. I will, as always, try to give you full disclosure, and I hope that might be possible very soon.

I just thought for today that since the CS sponsorship is not paid up, we could clarify that. Also, the shareholding situation is now cleared by the board, and i have no problem talking about that as well.

The club's finances are clearly strained, and I think it best to ensure that we wait for official updates rather than speculating. In the meantime, please please try to do what you can for the club by turning up to the games.

The sponsorship per game idea for the shirts is a very good idea. i wonder if it could work ?
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 17:12   #239
God Member

Was it West Ham who lost their sponsor and had that horrendous black square on the shirts to cover it up ?
Old 20-02-2011, 17:18   #240
God Member

Quote:
Was it West Ham who lost their sponsor and had that horrendous black square on the shirts to cover it up ?
Yeah it was, remember that well.

Quote:
Now if only a local company could come up with a method of re-applying a different name to the front of the shirts for each match and getting a different shirt sponsor each match to cough up an amount of money per game
Great idea.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..