Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2011, 17:20   #241
God Member

Re: Brace yourselves in again please ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Am I the only person that missed "the sad demise of the shirt sponsor"? That's twice in what, 3 seasons?
No, you are not!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-02-2011, 17:25   #242

I quite the black square you have as your avatar, that would look ok.
Old 20-02-2011, 17:26   #243
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
The sponsorship per game idea for the shirts is a very good idea. i wonder if it could work ?
I reckon it could work very well...if carried out by a suitably professional local source. Think somebody from the club should talk to that source ASAP!!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 17:30   #244
God Member

Smile Re: Brace yourselves in again please ....

So please do correct me if I am wrong, but what exactly have we to brace ourselves for? OK we are £100K short of cash than was projected, I know it is probably asking a lot, but will Mr Khan bail us out of the mire again to ease through these problems. And as stated on the fishy site, get everyone back to the Crown to support the team! From reading the statement on the website, it is good to see the 'books' are finally sorted and that the cardboard person is NOT the majority (over 50%) shareholder. Time to go now Eric. You were once revered, now you and yours are just a laughing stock. Also take your puppet with you or if he has any sense, walk away and do not come back.

That is income OO, outgoings are over budget also, so the figure is well over the £100K mentioned...

Ilyas, WILL NOT bail of the current regime, that is fact!!!

This is the most poignant part of your post OO, just hope that the clowns can read and understand!!!!

Old 20-02-2011, 17:34   #245
Senior Member+

How does shirt sponsorship by game work? Thats a hell of alot of shirts wasted through the season...

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 17:35   #246

The key aspect of the statement is that the club now has a much clearer picture of who is in precisely what legal position with regard to ownership and creditor status. This puts the board in a much stronger position. It is no longer obliged to take unsubstantiated claims at face value – we have the weight of legal opinion on our side.

We once again owe Ilyas and Peter a debt of thanks for their diligence and professionalism in sorting this out.

I have a proposition. Since Combined Stabilisation has sadly gone into liquidation, there is a vacancy on the hallowed scarlet. In the absence of any other offers, why not put Leonard Cheshire Disability on the shirt? I’d understand it if dedicated collectors feel that it is asking too much, obliging them as it is to buy two versions in one season. But just a thought. Perhaps save it for the play-off final?
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 17:36   #247
God Member

Smile Re: Brace yourselves in again please ....

But, on the flip side fc, it's a hell of alot of extra shirt sales

Old 20-02-2011, 17:39   #248
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Whalley View Post
The key aspect of the statement is that the club now has a much clearer picture of who is in precisely what legal position with regard to ownership and creditor status. This puts the board in a much stronger position. It is no longer obliged to take unsubstantiated claims at face value – we have the weight of legal opinion on our side.

We once again owe Ilyas and Peter a debt of thanks for their diligence and professionalism in sorting this out.

I have a proposition. Since Combined Stabilisation has sadly gone into liquidation, there is a vacancy on the hallowed scarlet. In the absence of any other offers, why not put Leonard Cheshire Disability on the shirt? I’d understand it if dedicated collectors feel that it is asking too much, obliging them as it is to buy two versions in one season. But just a thought. Perhaps save it for the play-off final?
That is the best thing I have heard in ages!!!!!!!! I would go home and away tomorrow!!!

Old 20-02-2011, 17:40   #249
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
How does shirt sponsorship by game work? Thats a hell of alot of shirts wasted through the season...
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
But, on the flip side fc, it's a hell of alot of extra shirt sales

I wasn't thinking of them being sold for each sponsor, I reckon that wouldn't be practical

If you apply the sponsors name in a straight forward manner with no fancy logo it could be removed and replaced on the same shirt. Hard work & organisation would be the key rather than a numerous amount of shirts
Old 20-02-2011, 17:49   #250
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I reckon it could work very well...if carried out by a suitably professional local source. Think somebody from the club should talk to that source ASAP!!

The company currently doing the stuff should be able to supply it to them, all they need is somebody at the club to stick them on and remove them again
Old 20-02-2011, 17:50   #251
God Member

Quote:
That really is a fantastic idea. But so is Dave's.

Could we do both? Have LCD as the main shirt sponsor and have a new business for each game pay to apply their name onto the back of the jersey?

That way we honour LCD and also get the cash from sponsors (not to mention new business links) that's so desperately needed.

Last edited by shakermaker; 20-02-2011 at 17:53.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 17:58   #252
God Member

i dont know if all the Match Sponsors have been sold or not but that might be a way of 'securing' the deal. A few extra quid perhaps as well
Old 20-02-2011, 18:02   #253

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
I believe Combined Stabilisation are currently in administration, or at least thats what I been told. I don't know where to check it to see if its true!
according to companies house web site they are in liquidation
duggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 18:27   #254
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Looking at it,its sponsor for the remander of this current season ss their is a short fall with Combined Stabilisation are now in liquidation !! Think we'l find Stanley have a new shirt sponsor for next season
Old 20-02-2011, 18:33   #255
Senior Member+

Quote:

A superb post containing a fantastic idea.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..