Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-02-2011, 18:35   #256
God Member

Re: Brace yourselves in again please ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Think we'l find Stanley have a new shirt sponsor for next season
I would think questions would have to be asked if there wasn't. Lets hope it's not sold too cheaply for a quick buck
Old 20-02-2011, 19:24   #257

Well i thought the board was gonna be full of postings about saving the club losing 10points for admin who is owed what etc.....

We are short of 100k due to a bad December and another company struggling ......not 100k due to the taxman,surely with the clubs history with tax payments if it was anywhere near this amount a winding up order would of be issued,like Southend had when they missed a tax payment for £15/20,000,not sure on the amount but was something like that,as there is no winding up order ill take it as we owe this 100k out to other companies as well as the taxman,think we can all sleep tonight.

Its a sticky patch,i would think most league two clubs go through when they have a bad month,all businesses have unpaid bills its how businesses work.

Not making out its nothing to worry about but its not as dark as was first thought,thankfully!

Its no good us to try and keep guessing who is owed what etc.......Ilyas will keep us dated im sure there cant be anymore he wishes for fans to know otherwise it would of be in the statement(i take it Ilyas approved the statement?)

I am sure that we will see marked improvement in the running of the club in the months to come now the ownership issue is in hand,although who is the major holder of shares would be good to know.

It will be good to see all those peoples who paid out for the shares during the SOS will finally be offical shareholders at companies house.

I would say back any plans the board has to make up the 100k shortfall,I am sure Ilyas and co will not approve any plan/ideas if they do not believe they will work for both the fans and the clubs.

I see this as a win win for us all the fans can start to have some trust in their club and the club can make this short fall up and push for the play offs.

Lets do what us fans do best and "Back The Boys"
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 20:06   #258
Super Moderator

Folks as good as it would be to have a "new/different" sponsor on the shirts for each game, here are the realaties/practicalaties (sorry) Logos won't come off. So each shirt will be a one off. How many do you make?? What's Coley's squad?? Each one needs a name, number and FL N power badge. ALL THESE HAVE TO BE PAID FOR IN ADVANCE!!! So do you do every squad player a shirt every game??? And another new one for Tuesday and another new one for Saturday?? Finally at £40 per time, how many shirts has Lew got in his shop???

not trying to be negative, but IF you want to BACK THE BOYS, sponsor the game, sponsor the match ball, enjoy the FANtastic day in the Lounge, but most importantly back Coley and OUR TOWN TEAM!!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 20:12   #259

cud we not just have a4 posters of the company fasted on wiv safety pins lol :O) joking we need a laff after the last few days
Old 20-02-2011, 20:24   #260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Whalley View Post
The key aspect of the statement is that the club now has a much clearer picture of who is in precisely what legal position with regard to ownership and creditor status. This puts the board in a much stronger position. It is no longer obliged to take unsubstantiated claims at face value – we have the weight of legal opinion on our side.

We once again owe Ilyas and Peter a debt of thanks for their diligence and professionalism in sorting this out.

I have a proposition. Since Combined Stabilisation has sadly gone into liquidation, there is a vacancy on the hallowed scarlet. In the absence of any other offers, why not put Leonard Cheshire Disability on the shirt? I’d understand it if dedicated collectors feel that it is asking too much, obliging them as it is to buy two versions in one season. But just a thought. Perhaps save it for the play-off final?
Sorry I'm being thick.. Is this Leonard Cheshire giving us money to sponsor our shirt or free publicity for Leonard Cheshire.
I think we should be raising money for them.
I feel a sponsored event coming on...

Last edited by stanleyhouse; 20-02-2011 at 20:29. Reason: misunderstanding
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 20:29   #261
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
Sorry but shouldn't WE be raising money for Leonard Cheshire Disability - not the other way round.
I'm sure Phil wasn't suggesting they sponsored us in any way - just that we use the empty space to raise awareness for them (like Barcelona and UNICEF).
Old 20-02-2011, 20:32   #262

think he means instead of having a companys name on the shirt what has gone bust not the charity paying the club to have their name on the shirts but i could be wrong........think its villa who do it with little accorns childrens hospice on their shirts .......
Old 20-02-2011, 20:41   #263
God Member

I think the shirt idea is a really good idea

It would increase awareness locally as well as nationally with exposure on the FL Show of the Charity
A percentage of shirt sales could be donated to the Charity
It may also encourage extra shirt sales

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 20:47   #264

sounds a nice idea but.......we need to get money into the club

in no way is this a pop at charites especially disabled 1s as i have son who is multi disabled and a special needs child
Old 20-02-2011, 20:51   #265
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
Folks as good as it would be to have a "new/different" sponsor on the shirts for each game, here are the realaties/practicalaties (sorry) Logos won't come off. So each shirt will be a one off. How many do you make?? What's Coley's squad?? Each one needs a name, number and FL N power badge. ALL THESE HAVE TO BE PAID FOR IN ADVANCE!!! So do you do every squad player a shirt every game??? And another new one for Tuesday and another new one for Saturday?? Finally at £40 per time, how many shirts has Lew got in his shop???

Far more complex than it needs to be Mr T.

I suggested it as a method of raising a few extra quid per home game £100/£200 per game perhaps just for the home games remaining.

I don't think it's feasable as a venture for the club shop for extra shirt sales, it would become too costly an exercise and not at all practical for the timescale left this season.

Having suggested the original idea I think Shaker's idea is the best way of doing it. Ironically Leonard Cheshire's logo is white on a red background
Old 20-02-2011, 21:11   #266
Senior Member+

Quote:
not trying to be negative, but IF you want to BACK THE BOYS, sponsor the game, sponsor the match ball, enjoy the FANtastic day in the Lounge, but most importantly back Coley and OUR TOWN TEAM!!!
But the thing is MR T there not going to sponsor this and sponsor that until everything is sorted! Businesses have no idea whos chairman and who does what at the club anymore. All they see is on the back of the observer most months and off the grapevines what financial trouble stanley are in and what's always wrong at the club! Until everything is sorted then no-one is going sponsor anything!

I defiantly wouldn't sponsor a match at stanley, a few weeks back i went to one where my cousins company had sponsored and had payed good money for. I havent seen anything so amateurishness and so un private lounge about it.

I hope people do keep sponsoring things but i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't!

At least were not going into admin (hopefully) and illiays can steady the ship and bring good to the club for the coming future and to put someone who knows how to run a club incharge instead of a dodgy camera man.

ON STANLEY ON.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2011, 21:19   #267
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

F.C.Stanley has raised a very valid point IMHO, local sponsors will be very difficult to raise at the moment, as well as the present climate, know of a couple at least who will have sod all to do wi our club whilst certain people remain on the scene, sad but true, i also hope sincerely sponsors can be found,
Old 20-02-2011, 21:30   #268

how could the club make it better thought FC stanley ???

Agree that its a up hill struggle to gain businesses trusts after all the issues
Old 20-02-2011, 21:51   #269
God Member

Quote:
do you mean at £40 to the club?

just to expand on the shirt per game idea, if it was known in advance, and a company paid summat extra then whoever sponsors a game can have their logo on, it would cost the club 25 x shirts at cost + the logo printing. £300 maybe? I dunno, but if I had a company and was willing to pay the cost for sponsoring a match I'd deffo pay that extra for the name on the kit. Match sponsor gets the Man of the Match shirt for his office wall and the rest are auctioned off in the clubhouse/ebay. Leonard Cheshire could be the 'normal' sponsor that appears on replica kits and match kit that has no sponsor.

It'd certainly be unique I reckon and would draw some positive publicity
Old 20-02-2011, 22:40   #270
Senior Member+

Good to hear from Ilyas and for him to clear up some of our worries. Like I said earlier;Trust in Ilyas - he has a plan but as he has said we need to be patient.
Katie, I thought that the clubs "sticky patch" was that muddy square in front of the dugout that is causing our postponements. Talking of "squares", we could adopt the black square logo for our AWAY kit and get Mr Whalley to sponsor us for either £308K or any stake that he still has in the club.
Bring a couple of friends on Tuesday and swell the gate - bring in the cash and the extra fans that we need.
ON STANLEY ON.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..