Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2011, 09:04   #271

Re: Brace yourselves in again please ....

A possible other idea would be a raffle aimed at local businesses to win shirt sponsorship,for the remainder of the season,thus hopefully building bridges,and spreading the word that EW is no longer !!
Old 21-02-2011, 09:13   #272
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth official View Post
,and spreading the word that EW is no longer !!

Maybe better to wait until thats in black & white
Old 21-02-2011, 09:42   #273

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Good to hear from Ilyas and for him to clear up some of our worries. Like I said earlier;Trust in Ilyas - he has a plan but as he has said we need to be patient.
Katie, I thought that the clubs "sticky patch" was that muddy square in front of the dugout that is causing our postponements. Talking of "squares", we could adopt the black square logo for our AWAY kit and get Mr Whalley to sponsor us for either £308K or any stake that he still has in the club.
Bring a couple of friends on Tuesday and swell the gate - bring in the cash and the extra fans that we need.
ON STANLEY ON.
think it is a cross between a mud bath and a sandpit........well hopefully it was and the contractors have now made it into a play able pitch
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 09:44   #274

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Maybe better to wait until thats in black & white
Wise words it is rumoured he holds 40% shares so thats still a good wedge of the club
Old 21-02-2011, 10:20   #275

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
do you mean at £40 to the club?

just to expand on the shirt per game idea, if it was known in advance, and a company paid summat extra then whoever sponsors a game can have their logo on, it would cost the club 25 x shirts at cost + the logo printing. £300 maybe? I dunno, but if I had a company and was willing to pay the cost for sponsoring a match I'd deffo pay that extra for the name on the kit. Match sponsor gets the Man of the Match shirt for his office wall and the rest are auctioned off in the clubhouse/ebay. Leonard Cheshire could be the 'normal' sponsor that appears on replica kits and match kit that has no sponsor.

It'd certainly be unique I reckon and would draw some positive publicity
The only problem i see with this is the club be able to offer it for every game......we will be playing twice a week most weeks.....do the club really have the staff/time to take on this?
Also what are the FL rules on shirt sponsorshirt?Can we have a main shirt sponsor,even if it is a charity then a guest sponsor for each game?

The club dont want to offer something they then cant deliver on.

Something what has always puzzled me is why not close the clubhouse before the game at least for the match sponsors,that way it is a private area for the good money they have paid out?We have a second venue The Crown Pub for the fans,how many fans really use the club house before a game,would the club really lose all that much?after all they would just go up to the steps to The Crown Pub.

While visting FTFC i couldnt help but notice how busy there cubby hole shop by the doors in the clubhouse (they say its a clubhouse,over 20 screens,even in the loos!was more like a wine bar very posh!) was,simple set up 1 of each item displayed on boards with clear prices,is this something what could be set up in our pub on match day?
Im sure items would be sold as away fans do use the pub,may be do it till the end of the season and see how well it goes down?
Again staffing may be a problem thought

Just another thought can the club not form a partnership with a local charity?like supermarkets do, fans can vote for the charity of the season?Im not sure how the ins and outs work on this but is it something for the club to look into for the 2011/12 season?

Last edited by katei77; 21-02-2011 at 10:27.
Old 21-02-2011, 11:31   #276

these are really great ideas. thank you so much for this constructive feedback. every penny counts, and as your chairman i can confirm that each penny that is raised through sponsorship or other income will go directly to the club's activities. None of it will be used or remitted in any way other than for backing the team in its quest to advance. With an independent external director now on the board, and with full transparency of the accounts, you can sure that your pennies and pounds dont go astray. With the shirt sponsorship I am sure that there will be a way for the club to use the opportunity for some redress. Perhaps not the amounts that have been lost, but at least some amount.

also, i have noted that people have mentioned their SOS share subscription still not being delivered (with the shirts, right ?) can i please request that you email Rob and cc me with your outstanding queries. please please get in touch. We will do our best to square this outstanding item off as well.

thanks a lot for the positive feedback. its at times like this that we need all the help.
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 12:04   #277
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriate View Post
these are really great ideas. thank you so much for this constructive feedback. every penny counts, and as your chairman i can confirm that each penny that is raised through sponsorship or other income will go directly to the club's activities. None of it will be used or remitted in any way other than for backing the team in its quest to advance. With an independent external director now on the board, and with full transparency of the accounts, you can sure that your pennies and pounds dont go astray.
Now THAT'S what we want to hear! Quite happy to go back to bunging a bit of dosh in, now we have that assurance. Cheers, Ilyas!
Old 21-02-2011, 12:24   #278
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post
The only problem i see with this is the club be able to offer it for every game......we will be playing twice a week most weeks.....do the club really have the staff/time to take on this?
Also what are the FL rules on shirt sponsorshirt?Can we have a main shirt sponsor,even if it is a charity then a guest sponsor for each game?

The club dont want to offer something they then cant deliver on.

Something what has always puzzled me is why not close the clubhouse before the game at least for the match sponsors,that way it is a private area for the good money they have paid out?We have a second venue The Crown Pub for the fans,how many fans really use the club house before a game,would the club really lose all that much?after all they would just go up to the steps to The Crown Pub.

While visting FTFC i couldnt help but notice how busy there cubby hole shop by the doors in the clubhouse (they say its a clubhouse,over 20 screens,even in the loos!was more like a wine bar very posh!) was,simple set up 1 of each item displayed on boards with clear prices,is this something what could be set up in our pub on match day?
Im sure items would be sold as away fans do use the pub,may be do it till the end of the season and see how well it goes down?
Again staffing may be a problem thought
Its been done in the past closed clubhouse to general public for sponsors, it didnt go down well with the general fans wanting a pre match drink, they lost more paying customers for the bar and only a handful of people of sponsors were in taking up the space and staff, besides if im to assume right - the crown is another drain on clubs resources financially

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 12:28   #279

oh well scrap that idea then....brainstorming may be not my thing then
Old 21-02-2011, 12:55   #280
Senior Member+

. Nothing whatsoever to do with a previous posting !!!...

Can't you just hear them dropping ??.
On Stanley..On to greater things !.

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 13:42   #281
God Member

its been said many many times over the last few years but the clubhouse is the biggest dissapointment in terms of income generation that we have.

That place really should be a massive cash cow but we've not been able to fully utilise it for years.
Old 21-02-2011, 13:51   #282

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
its been said many many times over the last few years but the clubhouse is the biggest dissapointment in terms of income generation that we have.

That place really should be a massive cash cow but we've not been able to fully utilise it for years.
a makeover is needed not a patch up job.......and a improvement on the beer
Old 21-02-2011, 13:55   #283
God Member

Quote:
a makeover is needed not a patch up job.......and a improvement on the beer

True point, the clubhouse did get a makeover but needs a professional job [i'll not go into the bad debate of that] but the roof needs sorting, ceiling needs doing properly and new bar

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 21-02-2011, 13:58   #284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
True point, the clubhouse did get a makeover but needs a professional job [i'll not go into the bad debate of that] but the roof needs sorting, ceiling needs doing properly and new bar
Well maybe with the new era at the club begining fans in the trade may be more willing to help the club now.......or as i think macca has said before get the college on board im sure it would be a great project for students
Old 21-02-2011, 14:02   #285
God Member

Quote:
Well maybe with the new era at the club begining fans in the trade may be more willing to help the club now.......or as i think macca has said before get the college on board im sure it would be a great project for students

Yeh i think the same on that utilising the college for the many areas of help for the club and the students, also that brings in the ideas and students get a bit of work exp too for their cv and towards their grades and club get many helpers.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..