Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2011, 15:03   #286

Re: Brace yourselves in again please ....

there is many areas the college could partner up with and it may get a few students coming back on match day
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2011, 15:07   #287

fleetwood town have a club house the likes of Man U Liverpool etc....would b proud of but the tvs in the loos are a step too far lol
Old 21-02-2011, 15:18   #288
God Member

Not just the college, there is a very large training group in Accrington, NLTG, who are always looking for work experience situations
Old 21-02-2011, 16:41   #289
God Member

the club has done that in the past to some extents with the media students from UCLAN getting involved with the programme etc but it could and should be rolled out (to the local college).

Catering staff to be hired as and when.

Media students - various projects such as making adverts, broadcasts, promo leaflets

Construction - more than speaks for itself

Business studies, art/fashion - could merge a few departments together to work on a specific project. For example, design a new range of merchandise. Research whats required/wanted, design it, source outlets to sell it, product to market.

there are loads of ideas for practically every department within the college
Old 21-02-2011, 16:59   #290
Senior Member+

What is great, is that this thread has a more positive feel about it now and long may it continue. Great to see the post by Ilyas and hopefully, the club can now go from strength to strength. Just hope the pitch is up to it Tuesday night.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 17:08   #291

is it possible to moved the ideas posts to a new thread???
Old 21-02-2011, 17:50   #292
Full Member+

Agree this is very positive and the lift of spirit , BUT has Eric Whalley gone? is he going ?
lets not rush ahead of ourselves here , with that man around things may not go to plan.
Now then before both Fulham and Newcastle games there were stands at bottom of steps ( from Crown ) selling merchandise, it was manned with a couple of our own teenage fans, maybe this could be done at EVERY home match ,cost nothing and may bring in some needed cash,nothing ventured , nothing gained.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 18:54   #293
God Member

Once again more & more good ideas coming through

I would imagine some of it is not here & now stuff as with limited staff perhaps then having to deal with taking on work placement demands a good degree of supervisory committment or is that something that the College provides?

The Clubhouse as we all agree needs a major re-vamp and more utilisation than it currently gets and maybe the Summer is the time for that when things are a bit quieter and jobs can be started and worked on properly?

The kids selling the merchandise is a great idea and on my trips to Anfield which ever direction you go to get into the ground there are a plethora of stalls selling merchandise.

I think first and foremost it's a case of learning to do the basic fundamentals in a satisfactory way, we have had so many false dawns over the last few years it is a case of going back to basics, getting on the knocker for sponsors, looking at ticket initiatives to bring more to the Crown than what currently come and ensuring we do that right and then we have a platform for people to come on to games and want to keep coming back.

It's a slow process but hopefully the train is now moving back in the right direction.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 20:04   #294

Lew has worked hard with the ticket offers,but I think some season ticket holders feel abit short changed understandable if they pay out at the begining of season then non season ticket holders are getting great offers,this is no way a dig at the offers anything what brings in more fans is great just think the club shouldnt forget the season ticket holders when making ticket offers,some feel the club has taken their money pre season then forgotton about them.

The kids selling stuff is good as long as they know what they are doing,I have over heard a couple of cheeky programme sellers be rather rude to away fans when they dont buy a programme off them.

This is a great time of year for the club to start talking to the college to put in place something for the new sept term.

I know the commuity team were hoping to run some groups in the club house when i spoke to them at the back boys meeting ideas were in the very early stages toddler groups and some thing for the over 60s not sure if these ideas ever took off or are still going ahead.

Also can the drinks offers what run at clubhouse not also run at the crown?im guessing it all goes to the club where ever you drink clubhouse/crown?

I think the one thing everyone at the club needs to do is not say something will happen to whoever this might be colleges local businesses fans etc if they cant deliver,

Dont make promises that cant be kept,I would rather be told no than be let down.
Old 21-02-2011, 22:12   #295
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post
I think some season ticket holders feel abit short changed understandable if they pay out at the begining of season then non season ticket holders are getting great offers.
I don't feel that way, @ £160 for my season ticket (Clayton End Standing) that netts down to just £6.96 per game as the 3 for 2 offer for the same stand would be £8.67 per game + more people in on games that are likely to have a lower attendance, then hopefully they come back for the bigger games and pay the full £13. Also I get all the extras in the ST if I want to use them.

Also I think theres a few fair weather fans that give the Crown a miss between October and March, BRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!
Old 21-02-2011, 22:12   #296
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

one season ticket holder here, dont feel short changed kate, anything helps wi the crap were in is fine wi me.
Old 21-02-2011, 22:40   #297
Senior Member+

Quote:
I know the commuity team were hoping to run some groups in the club house when i spoke to them at the back boys meeting ideas were in the very early stages toddler groups and some thing for the over 60s not sure if these ideas ever took off or are still going ahead.
Katie I can confirm that a parent and toddler group is in the planning stages (I know this as I am the one planning it!!), however I personally have some concerns over the use of the club house for this after having my daughters 3rd birthday party in there and having to throw away her socks due to the state they were in (white socks that were just literally black!). I know the club house had been cleaned before we went in but there's a difference between clean for a 'pub' and clean for a bunch of toddlers crawling around the floor!!!

I am currently working on the project and the community trust will update through their website when the project is up and running. If you want to check out the website, please click on my signature and have a mooch round at some of the stuff we are doing.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 23:19   #298
Super Moderator

Quote:
Lew has worked hard with the ticket offers,but I think some season ticket holders feel abit short changed understandable if they pay out at the begining of season then non season ticket holders are getting great offers
Season ticket holder number three here and, like the others, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest. £160 for an ST, plus a variety of vouchers is a cracking deal. If non-ST holders get offers, I'd be pleased, as it would show that the club is demonstrating enterprise and marketing acumen.

In fact, it'd take a pretty churlish and mean-spirited ST holder to object to others getting offers!
Old 21-02-2011, 23:30   #299
Senior Member+

Season ticket holders 4,5&6 here! If you take the value of the vouchers off the cost of our three season tickets, they cost us just £50 for all three of us, you won't find me complaining!!!
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2011, 05:54   #300
God Member

No complaints here, plus Fatgaz makes a good point on the prices.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..