Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2011, 05:25   #346
God Member

Re: Brace yourselves in again please ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
the article pretty much just says that if EW doesn't get his arse into gear with settling up then it may force Stanley into administration. Basically Ilyas has said that he will support the club in the short term once the ownership issue is sorted out (ie he aint paying for things until its sorted). He goes on to say that EW has been co-operative but nothing has been signed yet.
Maybe not what we want to hear but at least that lays it all on the line.

From a fans point of view we just have to sit with everything crossed and hope that administration is not the route it can be a means to an end of that there is no doubt.

But as BDC has said one thing the Club thanks to Ilyas & others can take pride in is debts have been settled & problems sorted, I too would worry on not just the short term effect but longer term of any points hit.

I do take a little heart from the fact Ilyas say's EW has been co-operative but at such a pivotal time in the fixture list & league table positions it has to come to a conclusion sooner rather than later for everyone concerned with the Club.

Please sort it out

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-03-2011, 10:32   #347
Full Member+

I would like to echo that Pendle Red . If EW had Stanley at heart he would do the right thing and sign . Is it unfair what the fans are being put through , let alone the team and staff at the club. We can not go forward or make plans until EW signs ,almost like we are being held at randsome,..shame on you.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:55   #348
Full Member+

I would just like to add a little more to my last post. I do believe in the past EW has done a lot for Stanley and was once hailed a hero for it. Personally all I have seen is the TV programme a couple of years ago when Accrington Stanley were featured in a documentry ,the foul language used was a disgrace .
I truely hope the papers are correct in saying he is being co operative , we need it.
Old 04-03-2011, 13:24   #349
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Personally all I have seen is the TV programme a couple of years ago when Accrington Stanley were featured in a documentry ,the foul language used was a disgrace .
I truely hope the papers are correct in saying he is being co operative , we need it.
Thats the difference between n half empty cup n half full one greeny, whilst i agree wi what yeh say, whalleys language, made me seem saintly.
Old 04-03-2011, 16:50   #350
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Here it is for those who haven't seen or read it just click on the link... Ilyas Khan: It's crunch time in Stanley ownership battle | Accrington Observer - menmedia.co.uk
Old 05-03-2011, 00:08   #351
God Member

ok I haven't been able to get on here for quite a while so have just spent an hour reading through the whole thread and just want to make a few points...

Not being around for a while or hearing much of what has been going on I have to say that the first couple of pages I myself also read in confusion, not having a go at anyone but that was my general thought... ie I read with a quizzical look on my face but eventually it started to make sense, sorry but that is how I felt reading it

secondly, you would have thought by now that nothing would surprise us stanley fans and yet we still seemed to be amazed by a lot of the mishandling of the club as a whole

thirdly, I aim to be back very soon to watch my beloved team once again and hope it is in a more positive atmosphere, to match the positive results coming from games

finally

in Ilyas we have faith, I know I do and he is our new Mr Accy Stanley

cheers Ilyas

(I know not a very interesting post but just my penny's worth)

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 02:05   #352
God Member

Welcome back HR, missed ya xx.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:07   #353
God Member

welcome back HR, drop me a text and I'll pop round with yer wotsit
Old 05-03-2011, 11:03   #354
God Member

Good to see you back HR

Your post set me thinking back on everything that has happened over the last couple of years with the Club, Fans, Team etc. despite all the adversities that have come our way which sometimes it feels like there is no respite sometimes as one story unfolds another starts while another remains unresolved.

Then looking further back through the history books to see the rise of the "Old Reds" the photos are all that remain for those of us not old enough to remember Peel Park the glories and five figure crowds, for others who did see it there is also the sadness of seeing the demise of the "Old Reds" as crowds dropped and the Club struggled on before going out of existence.

Then six years later the Club was to re-form and begin the journey that brings us where we are today after climbing the ladder from oblivion back through the Football Pyramid to being a Football League Club something everyone connected to the Club can rightly feel proud of and part of.

We have a chequered history and proud traditions of facing adversity head on and still coming through the other side, that is down to so many people down the years and is still happening today on so many fronts from within the Club and outside of the Club.

The one constanst is the name Accrington Stanley and the images that name conjures up for all of us.

We have a lot to be proud of and a lot to still look forward to.

I suppose in all of this what I am trying to say as one chapter closes so another begins and with it will come challenges once again but hopefully this time we will be stronger for it with a united passion and belief that with Ilyas onboard things will move forward stronger.

On Stanley On

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:48   #355
God Member

i was thinking a similar thing the other day Neil. I am re-reading The Club That Wouldn't Die at the moment and there are so many parallels with disasters over the year that its untrue.

The number of times the Observer has been asked to print "we need more fans" is quite embarrassing and would lead one to believe that this town will never ever fully support its own Football League Club. But one thing that did strike me is the number of times the club has sought to annoy its own fans, with Google Page Ranking gaffe upon Google Page Ranking gaffe. I then wondered whether this was the mainstay as to why the town has resisted the club for decades?

If and when Ilyas' brave new world comes to fruition we must actively insist that one way or another we find a new direction, one that fully encompasses the spirit of the town, one that embraces the community and puts its people before its business plan. We can support the town in so many ways and hopefully a bit of that will come back through the gates. The club has always suffered from ebbs and flows on the crowd front, but unfortunately the high crowds have never really made up for the low ones - so the club will have to find ways of bringing in the money equivalent to an extra two thousand fans on the gate from another source.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:21   #356
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
welcome back HR, drop me a text and I'll pop round with yer wotsit
anytime is fine, just text me when you plan to pop round with my wotsit

thank you also for the wb's

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 16:44   #357

Just out of interest what is he being asked to sign and under what terms?
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 16:58   #358
Full Member+

His shares over .
Old 08-03-2011, 07:47   #359
Super Moderator

When a club is badly run, this is the end result. A timely reminder in yesterday's Guardian...

From the archive, 7 March 1962: Final whistle, but no match, at Accrington | From the Guardian | The Guardian
Old 08-03-2011, 09:15   #360
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
When a club is badly run, this is the end result. A timely reminder in yesterday's Guardian...

From the archive, 7 March 1962: Final whistle, but no match, at Accrington | From the Guardian | The Guardian
I remember it well, being a wee small nipper going to the local school next door. I was heartbroke we had lost our town team. Although, it has to be said, I did not read the Guardian on that day.
Very poignant and timely reminder to the younger fans of Accrington Stanley. And to EW et al. Please do the decent thing and sign the shares over to the club (Ilyas) or whoever within the club heirarchy. We do NOT want a repeat of 49 years ago or even the threat of administration. Please go now whilst certain members of the community have good memories of what you have done and do not tarnish your own and Accrington Stanleys name, Thank you.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..