Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2011, 12:17   #91
Resting In Peace

Re: Brace yourselves in again please ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
To be fair if it is only 30K then that would be a fairly usual debt compared to turnover. It's only the cost of a few phone calls
Maybe it is a fairly usual debt compared to turnover, but the point is that the debt is to Revenue & Customs, the very people who have had winding up orders on us, and the very people that we were told we wouldn't be in debt to again. This money has been deducted from employees' salaries and kept by the club instead of paying it to Revenue & Customs.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-02-2011, 12:19   #92
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Blooded View Post
I still think we are not being told enough about this "Meeting", why bother telling us some details and not the full thing?

you've been told the facts of what was said, without every single word for word breath and punctuation. Waddya want, audio!!!!!!!

as with every gathering of people, big or small, some people know facts and some people know what they think is fact, some things may have been said that really shouldn't have been said (either inaccurate or none of our business eg staff wages). Therefore every single thing that was discussed will not go on here no matter how much blood people bay for. The important stuff came out though and will not be held back.

*** and I'm not saying staff wages were discussed, it's just an example *****
Old 18-02-2011, 12:22   #93
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Peter Marsden attends quite a few games. I saw him at Barnet, Cheltenham and Stevenage, that's three out of the last four away games, and he attends home games when he can.
Agree with you post Jeff, iwhat i ment was Mr Marsden and Mr khan together at the same match.
Old 18-02-2011, 12:27   #94
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I suspect my invite was based upon my willingness to gossip!!!
Somebody got it right then
Old 18-02-2011, 12:31   #95
God Member

Quote:
Maybe it is a fairly usual debt compared to turnover, but the point is that the debt is to Revenue & Customs, the very people who have had winding up orders on us, and the very people that we were told we wouldn't be in debt to again. This money has been deducted from employees' salaries and kept by the club instead of paying it to Revenue & Customs.
The same creditor that won't be giving us 2nd chances either upon summons and no stuff will be leaving the club on flit either.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 12:33   #96
mab
God Member

Quote:
Would this not depend on when wages are paid,i do know they are paid monthly!would this have something to do with it,may be its a figuer that is paid out to the tax man every month that these figures have come from,only a thought..
Quote:
staff wages).
if and not saying they were dissclosed to the members of the meeting, my question is by what right and were the staff notified and had they givern there consent to having there wages duisscused in the meeting,only if it was that is.
Old 18-02-2011, 12:37   #97
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
my question is by what right and were the staff notified and had they givern there consent to having there wages duisscused in the meeting,only if it was that is.

I don't think he meant officially. it's the old 'behind ths stand' everybody knows what every players wages are because a friend of a friend's mum knows somebody who works for a relative of somebody's relation who works at the club, type of discussion
Old 18-02-2011, 12:37   #98
God Member

Wages was not discussed mab!!!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 12:39   #99
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
What was it ?
John COLEMAN and Jimmy BELL new contracts.
Old 18-02-2011, 12:41   #100

it was simpled stated that all the clubs wages had be paid in full as the club had received a FL payment but i dont think any members of staff were there is confirm this......but as far i am aware this payment is made to the club every month??
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 12:50   #101

Quote:
you've been told the facts of what was said, without every single word for word breath and punctuation. Waddya want, audio!!!!!!!

as with every gathering of people, big or small, some people know facts and some people know what they think is fact, some things may have been said that really shouldn't have been said (either inaccurate or none of our business eg staff wages). Therefore every single thing that was discussed will not go on here no matter how much blood people bay for. The important stuff came out though and will not be held back.

*** and I'm not saying staff wages were discussed, it's just an example *****
Not havin a pop rob but maybe a statement of sum kind from Peter himself may of be better????If he was prepared to tell his choosen few the least other fans could get is a statement of some kind ?
Old 18-02-2011, 13:01   #102
God Member

Smile Re: Brace yourselves in again please ....

It was not the chosen few as such, as stated it was people who would pass it on and we have, hence this thread by Macca!!!

We have also spoke with people face to face and by that telephone thingy!!

Please read back through, loads of folk in a room heckling, don't get the message out there.

Mr. Shaw and others have tried to pass this info on, better that than waking up one morning and seeing on the television, that we have a winding up order, to the tune of £308K!!!

Please, let's all pull together for the sake of the club!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 13:11   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:
the details were on the web within an hour or so of the meeting finishing.
Sorry, Rob. Still trying to get it straight in my brain cell. By "the details", do you mean the £100k debt to HMRC?

And I'm still not clear who called the meeting - or why. If it was to disseminate information by gossip, surely that would suffer from the Chinese Whispers syndrome. I would have thought that whoever called the meeting had a duty to make some formal statement after it, unless the purpose was to make known some information without it being credited to anyone.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 13:14   #104
God Member

I have had enough of listening to the non stop why weren't we invited mob. It has been explained over and over again and if you can't understand it then im sorry. This has just made me decide to walk away from the whole friggin thing, I am bo longer prepared to give up my own time to attend meetings or whatever concerned with ASFC if all that happens when we impart information to you all, we get nothong but moaning and complaining. It has peed me off no end and i want nothing more to do with it.

You have been given the FACTS now its up to you to do with them what you see fit.

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2011, 13:19   #105

Who isnt pulling together for the sake of the club???(post 53)my view on this sorry mess.

But i think a statement from peter for those fans who were not invitied to the meeting would be better than a few minutes of recording from the meeting what was then deleted and the rumour mill going into overdrive.

As the saying goes hear it from the horses mouth

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..