Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2008, 23:23   #1
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Bradford City

Bradford City Discussion
The Message Board is now suspended until further notice. The club has always welcomed criticism but having resolved the problem with regards to racism and unacceptable language, we have recently seen unwarranted verbal attacks on players, staff and supporters which we will not tolerate.
Its a good job our chairman and manager and players dont come on our message board
Old 10-10-2008, 13:46   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Bradford City

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Bradford City Discussion
The Message Board is now suspended until further notice. The club has always welcomed criticism but having resolved the problem with regards to racism and unacceptable language, we have recently seen unwarranted verbal attacks on players, staff and supporters which we will not tolerate.
Its a good job our chairman and manager and players dont come on our message board
Ah mab if only. I have reason to believe they do look at the message boards but are so thick skinned it rides right over them lol. Plus they also see plenty of support for their style of management and running of a football club. It doesn't matter which side of the fence you sit, I personally believe in free speeck, plus the fact that this messageboard does not belong to the club, they signed that right away a few years ago when we went to Accy web.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 14:08   #3
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
It doesn't matter which side of the fence you sit, I personally believe in free speeck, plus the fact that this messageboard does not belong to the club, they signed that right away a few years ago when we went to Accy web.

I made the decision to remove the forum from the official site and i set it up to be on here... it had little to do with the club and nothing to do with rights . Hopefully you ahvent got too much of a problem with that?
Old 10-10-2008, 17:21   #4
Senior Member+

I wouldn't pay u with washers KP......

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 17:47   #5
K-P

Oi fuzzy head.. If I got paid in washers I would think I had been promoted
Old 10-10-2008, 18:22   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
Oi fuzzy head.. If I got paid in washers I would think I had been promoted
You talkin to me? Fuzzy head? Er, its a wig my friend, a wig

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 19:09   #7
God Member

Smile Re: Bradford City

SORRY MAB I THINK I HAVE MISSED THE POINT, WHY WAS IT SUSPENDED AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "ITS A GOOD JOB THEY DO NOT READ THE FORUM ETC?" PLEASE BRING ME UP TO SPEED

THANKS

P.S. HOME WIN TOMORROW!!!!!!!
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 20:06   #8
mab
God Member

[quote=VALAIRIAN;640035]SORRY MAB I THINK I HAVE MISSED THE POINT, WHY WAS IT SUSPENDED AND WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "ITS A GOOD JOB THEY DO NOT READ THE FORUM ETC?" PLEASE BRING ME UP TO SPEED we have recently seen unwarranted verbal attacks on players, staff and supporters which we will not tolerate. the point is BRADFORD CITY FC OWN AND RUN THE FORUM AND DONT LIKE WHAT THEY SEE IF YOU CLICK ON THE LINK IN MY FIRST POST YOU CAN READ WHAT THERE FANS HAVE TO SAY. WERE AS THE STANLEY FORUM IS NOT RUN BY STANLEY SO WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEACH
Old 10-10-2008, 20:25   #9
K-P

Quote:
WERE AS THE STANLEY FORUM IS NOT RUN BY STANLEY SO WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEACH
Really? try it and see.. theres no such thing as freedom of speech.. not anywhere.. not on here. anyone who believes in freedom of speech are in a dreamworld.. there has always been consequences for saying the wrong thing as long as man has been able to speak... Nowerdays you dont get a public stoned to death for it.. but still...

When the forum was on the official site what difference with the freedom you ahve now was there? can you tell me when the club ever moderated anyones post when it was on the official site?
Old 10-10-2008, 20:32   #10
God Member

Quote:
can you tell me when the club ever moderated anyones post when it was on the official site?
I think the point Kp is that they could if they wish as in the example of Bradford set by Mab. It has also been seen recently at Hereford and Sheffield Wednesday (although not clunb owned sites) where they tried to sue a poster for some of his less than complimentary posts
Old 11-10-2008, 08:49   #11
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Really? try it and see.. theres no such thing as freedom of speech.. not anywhere.. not on here.
So true, even the use of **** is not allowed.

Example Eric Whalley is a f*****g bin routing idiot!

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 09:01   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
You talkin to me? Fuzzy head? Er, its a wig my friend, a wig
Who repaired it after Milton Keynes Away 2006/7?

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 11:12   #13

I recall our Welsh friends in Hereford banning someone from Edgar Street for saying that they were fidlling gate numbers on the forum.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:18   #14
mab
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
I recall our Welsh friends in Hereford banning someone from Edgar Street for saying that they were fidlling gate numbers on the forum.
Ooooop's

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..