Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree94Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-07-2017, 18:43   #1
Senior Member+

Bradford City ponder move for local lad Matty Pearson

“Bradford City ponder move for local lad Matty Pearson” Bradford City ponder move for local lad Matty Pearson (From Bradford Telegraph and Argus)

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-07-2017, 20:33   #2
Super Moderator

Re: Bradford City ponder move for local lad Matty Pearson

I've exchanged text messages with Matty tonight so I don't get things wrong; reply was " see u Thursday; I'm going nowhere"
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 21:28   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To me Matty has a damn good chance of getting a promotion on his C.V. this coming season in my view.
Old 25-07-2017, 23:17   #4

If, by some form of black magic, Professor Coleman was to say - 'Lord Stiff old chap, do me a favour & pick the team this week'.
The first name I would select would be Matty Pearson!
To lose a player of such strength, ability & character, one who inspires others through his own 'never-say-die' attitude, would be a bitter pill to swallow.
Stanley fans love Matty Pearson & I believe Matty Pearson loves Accrington Stanley.
Matty I'll say this only once - YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR BRADFORD CITY!
Listen to Cashy. We'll be playing em next season!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 16:58   #5
Full Member+

It is always worrying when you hear things like this. It does put doubt in your mind. Matty is too good for Bradford City at this time. If a championship club came calling then I would not blame Matty for considering his options. But he would come with a big price tag. He has said he is going nowhere so I will take him at his word. I look forward to see him playing again all season. He has not even warmed up properly yet, We know what he can do and so does the opposition. Keep the faith and dare to believe.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 21:41   #6
God Member

Andy Holt states that there have been 3 bids for Matty all below what they think he is worth does,nt mention any names.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2017, 21:51   #7

Also mentions he has told matty, that if a bid comes in that is sensible and furthers his playing career the club will let him go, from twitter
2. @mattypearson5 has been magnificent for us and it would not be right to block his progress, if the right opportunity arises. #asfc

3. A move for @mattypearson5 is not what John and Jimmy want, they feel our chances are much improved if he stays. #asfc

4. There has to be balance in these instances, how do we attract talent if we are not prepared to let those that do well progress? #asfc

5. There has been bids from 3 clubs that have been below what we see as fair compensation. #asfc

6. These posts are keeping all informed. I will update if there is any change. Can't wait for season to start now!! Come on Stanley!
Old 26-07-2017, 22:50   #8
Full Member+

So it seems on balance he won't be here come September, and Mr Holt is just waiting for the right price.

Football can't ignore economic sense.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 09:08   #9
God Member

So todays question is, is Matty at training as promised & if he is who's gonna sit him down & get him to sign an extension to his contract as Sean, Jordan & Janoi have done? Seems the sensible option with all the interest being shown
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 09:20   #10
Senior Member+

Originally Posted by 6969 View Post
Andy holt says no contact has been made about Matty

So on the other thread ............... now he admits three bids.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 09:43   #11
God Member

To be fair, i think he said we'd had no contact from Bradford number in relation to the speculation in the Yorkshire press, the three bids could have come from elsewhere & been before that story was circulating - whoever made them, it's obvious they didn't match up to our valuation of Matty
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 11:07   #12
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
I've exchanged text messages with Matty tonight so I don't get things wrong; reply was " see u Thursday; I'm going nowhere"
seem to remember Alan Shearer saying something like that before he left Rovers.
keep the faith likes this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 11:20   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
seem to remember Alan Shearer saying something like that before he left Rovers.
Aye but that was when Fergie was after him.
Old 27-07-2017, 11:20   #14
Senior Member+

I don't think anyone can moan too much as sad it will be to see him go but every asset has its price. Provided funds are reinvested into the playing staff no one can complain.
He hasn't gone yet so fingers crossed.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2017, 16:06   #15
Senior Member+

Felt Coley has another promotion in him, and watching his team building over the last 12 months felt this may be it.
If Matty goes we have lost one of our leaders,who will be hard to replace
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..