Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2019, 16:36   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Bratfud game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
SOMERSET in..
Nay... Somerset's in hot water!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-01-2019, 16:38   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
SOMERSET in..
I'm just drowning in ale!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 17:23   #33
Senior Member+

Six yellows and a red? Doesn't that get us a fine?

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 17:27   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
Six yellows and a red? Doesn't that get us a fine?

More than likely, although it sounds like we should send that particular bill to the referee
sherry and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 17:39   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
More than likely, although it sounds like we should send that particular bill to the referee
have not calmed down yet so i,ll say nothing else till the morning apart from saying i,m ashamed to be a fellow referee to mr. homer marsden. look yourself in the mirror young man you were a disgrace.
KiTChener and sherry like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 17:46   #36

Just what we need to start 2019!
Another drubbing & Zanzala out for the next 3 games.
'Stiffupperlip time!'

A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL STANLEY FANS, EVERYWHERE
sherry and chevyfire like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 17:57   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
have not calmed down yet so i,ll say nothing else till the morning apart from saying i,m ashamed to be a fellow referee to mr. homer marsden. look yourself in the mirror young man you were a disgrace.
This guy’s record is unbelievable.
In sixteen games he’s reff’ed he’s ‘awarded’ 58 yellow cards and 4 reds. Hope he can control his bladder better than he can a football match.

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 01-01-2019 at 18:03.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 18:31   #38
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

First the sending off, Zanzala was kicked from pillar to post NOTHING at all was done about it, by the useless pillock refereeing the game, then to us he seemed to flip and put in a real dangerous tackle. The crowd were constantly booing the lad, before that tackle at half time we were convinced it was deserved, at half time Andy Holt showed us his phone and it didn't look half as bad, then on the bus home the guy in front of us showed us his phone which was a close up of the tackle, and nodoubt at all to us it was a sending off. Stanley were flagged offside, but the Bradford free kick wastaken in Stanley Half, that demonstrates perfectly to anyone with sense what a pillock was reffing the game.Stanley overall did not play dirty yet 6 bookings, besides the sent off player,also Bradford beyond doubt deserved to win the game, they played very well, much better than the posh we thought, yet are low down in league 1.
Old 01-01-2019, 20:08   #39
Senior Member+

Horror tackle by Zanzala. Whoever told Accymad he hardly touched him ..........
Cashman often refers to “no plan b” and he’s right - made all the worse when our “plan a” has totally been found out by our opponents.
We get pressed high up the pitch and we can’t get out.
When we do get out I’m afraid our forwards are not good at hold up play.
Their keeper was dropping kicks on our 18 years box and invariably they picked up second balls meaning they were getting back to front in an instant. We can’t do that. A tough few weeks ahead.
As for the opening goal thanks lads for all going to sleep. Unacceptable.
KiTChener likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 20:30   #40

Poor ref today, but I don’t think our players helped matters by their behaviour.
Clearly Bradford deserved their win, but when you are down to 10 men away, chasing the game after only 25 mins there’s not too much to read into the game.
Zanzala had a poor game when he was on the pitch. Tried to beat players but ended up falling over or diving. The crowd laughed at him a lot and he saw red.
We did have a decent number of chances but as usual of late, couldn’t score.

Not sure who comes out covered in glory. Sean had a decent game, Hall tried very hard...was going to say Hughes did well but maybe I should watch the highlights first and see if he was at fault for any of the goals.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 21:51   #41

Ref had a shocker although I have to agree with him on the zanzala decision , definite red in my book , some of the bookings dished out were really petty an in the end he had lost complete control , were conceding far to many goals of late which is something that needs to be addressed , agree with Sean being the best of a not so great bunch today an thaught Connor Hall’s work rate when he came on was good to see. Little break from the league now could do us well I hope.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 07:17   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
First the sending off, Zanzala was kicked from pillar to post NOTHING at all was done about it, by the useless pillock refereeing the game, then to us he seemed to flip and put in a real dangerous tackle. The crowd were constantly booing the lad, before that tackle at half time we were convinced it was deserved, at half time Andy Holt showed us his phone and it didn't look half as bad, then on the bus home the guy in front of us showed us his phone which was a close up of the tackle, and nodoubt at all to us it was a sending off. Stanley were flagged offside, but the Bradford free kick wastaken in Stanley Half, that demonstrates perfectly to anyone with sense what a pillock was reffing the game.Stanley overall did not play dirty yet 6 bookings, besides the sent off player,also Bradford beyond doubt deserved to win the game, they played very well, much better than the posh we thought, yet are low down in league 1.
Morning. Agreed the ref wasn’t great but can’t agree Zanzala was ‘kicked from pillar to post’. As one of your fellow posters has said he seemed to fall over/dive a fair bit, had the crowd on his back and as a result took it out on our player O’Brien (who had to go to hospital for stitches in his shin) - red card all day long and I’d say O’Brien was lucky it wasn’t worse.

Coleman must be very frustrated as I think it was Zanzala who ran the game when we played at your place, albeit as your posters have said we’re a different team from then to now.

As for the offside call you mention, think this is the 2nd or 3rd season in operation for the offside law change where the free kick is given at the point the player commits the offence, even if it’s in his own half e.g. you could be 10 yards inside the opponent’s half when the ball is played, but it’s just cut out by a defender, you then run straight back into your own half to tackle him - the free kick will now be given at the point you became offside i.e. interfered.

It’s pretty rare, but we had one given against us in very similar circumstances in the first season the change was live. I’ve pasted an extract from a newspaper article at the time the change was announced:

“Part of the law book says when players commit an offside offence you give a free-kick where the offence occurred. The other part of the law book says you give a free-kick where the player was when he was in the offside position. So a player can actually move 20 yards from being in an offside position … and it is only the moment he plays the ball that he is penalised. The law tells you to give the free-kick in two different places.

“So, in future, the free-kick will always be given where he commits the offside offence, even if he is in his own half, because you cannot be in an offside position in your own half, but you can go back into your own half to commit an offside offence.”

So whilst I get why you’re having a go at the ref about his handling of the game, you can’t criticise him for that particular decision! Good luck for the rest of the season.
1976Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:09   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
zanzala was sent off because he lost it due to the ref. giving the benefit of any doubt to the home side which he constantly did for the first 60 minutes . kick a dog enough and they will eventually bite you. giving an offside decision and then allowing the side to take the free kick in the opposition half would not be seen even in kids football. anyone who never went to the game would have thought with 6 cautions and a sending off we went there just to give em a good kicking and nothing was further from the truth. funny how their no.22 who firstly had a go at zanzala and then billy only got a talking to. at the end of the day however it could have been a different game if we had switched on for their first goal.
AccyMad and cashman like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 09:19   #44
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
zanzala was sent off because he lost it due to the ref. giving the benefit of any doubt to the home side which he constantly did for the first 60 minutes . kick a dog enough and they will eventually bite you. giving an offside decision and then allowing the side to take the free kick in the opposition half would not be seen even in kids football. anyone who never went to the game would have thought with 6 cautions and a sending off we went there just to give em a good kicking and nothing was further from the truth. funny how their no.22 who firstly had a go at zanzala and then billy only got a talking to. at the end of the day however it could have been a different game if we had switched on for their first goal.
Thats what i said?
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:53   #45
Full Member+

The ref gave everything to Bradford, our 10 men were playing against 12 men. Yellow cards were so petty, yet Bradford players doing the same didn,t get cards. Bradford even got the throw in when it was them who have kicked the ball out.
A complete disgrace from the ref. We looked like a filthy team because or the bookings .
Hope that is the last of the bad bunch.
KiTChener likes this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..