Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2014, 12:39   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Break in at the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
where was cashman when this incident took place?
Be very careful what yer saying, i know far more about you,than yeh do about me.
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 21-08-2014, 13:09   #17
God Member

When I was a lad no-one would ever have dreamed of stealing someone else's football boots.
I wonder why?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boots.jpg (61.4 KB, 35 views)
Stevie R likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 13:31   #18
Senior Member+

Exile,they must be Cashys or Redraines boots !!.
Seriously tho,its not just the boots,some players have special in-soles to protect again hamstring/calf pulls etc,they went as well.
Dean played in a pair of Huntys old boots,which was really sad and frustrating,Chubbyman is right,all players pay for there own boots and need 4/5 pairs for training/playing etc.. and at nearly £200 a pair,it becomes expensive.
On a lighter note,i cant stop smiling at the thought of someone pushing Buzzers wheelbarrow down the road full of boots and nobody said anything !!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 13:45   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Exile,they must be Cashys or Redraines boots !!.
)
Ha ha! Those are much too modern to be mine though. No white plastic on mine - just really thick cow hide uppers to match the ball with it's chunky sticking out lace. Murderous!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 17:39   #20
Full Member+

I hope Grays 'pitch gripper' boots haven't been taken

Seriously though simply disgraceful, but sadly this is the society we live in now and I'm afraid a couple of bolts and padlocks just will not suffice these days.
Old 21-08-2014, 17:42   #21
Super Moderator

There is now a statement on the Lancs police website.

Can I urge caution in what is said on here as there is a police investigation underway and any wrong comments WILL effect the outcome of this enquiry.

A number of other leads are being followed and again the law of the land must be followed.

We must assist Lancs police and be directed by them; plus thank them for their superb work so far.

Happy for the link to be posted
cashman likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 18:49   #22
Senior Member+

lancashire police website..... 5 youths aged 14...3 from Accrington and 2 from Oswaldtwistle have been arrested on suspicion of burgalry and are still in police custody.Sounds like great news especially if they recover the boots.
DAV007 likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 18:57   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thing is, the police do a great job, have suspects snared already, if its a result n goes to court, the little scummies will get a slap on the wrist,told not to be naughty, n released, thats a knocking bet,!! must be really disallusioning fer the cops.
Old 21-08-2014, 19:00   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thing is, the police do a great job, have suspects snared already, if its a result n goes to court, the little scummies will get a slap on the wrist,told not to be naughty, n released, thats a knocking bet,!! must be really disallusioning fer the cops.
you missed out that the social services would take them all on a day out and treat them to a new pair of football boots each!!!!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 19:05   #25
God Member

Better close this thread before their tax-payer funded solicitor(s) claim they can't possible get a fair hearing
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 19:08   #26
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
you missed out that the social services would take them all on a day out
To Stanleys next home game probably.
Old 21-08-2014, 20:02   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Be very careful what yer saying, i know far more about you,than yeh do about me.
never heard that one before.

where is your sense of humour? not like you.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 20:09   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
never heard that one before.

where is your sense of humour? not like you.
Theres a line yeh dont cross Davo, laugh at most stuff, intimate i'm a thief n yer on a bad errand.
Old 21-08-2014, 20:11   #29

Apparently when Peter Marsden was told about the break in his first reaction was to ask if any of our cups had been taken.

The copper said not to worry as the thieves hadn't been able to get into the canteen!

(The old ones are the best)
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 20:24   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Theres a line yeh dont cross Davo, laugh at most stuff, intimate i'm a thief n yer on a bad errand.
your sensitive today, im seeing a whole new side of cashman I never knew existed.
Normally, you would call me a kn%bhead.

you must have worked out by now it was tounge in cheek?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..