Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-08-2014, 20:28   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Break in at the club.

Does someone want to start an internet whip-round to replace a couple of the stolen balls? I'll chip in if they do .............but I don't know how to do it!

Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-08-2014, 21:14   #47
Super Moderator

Don't panic; Mitre are sorting the missing balls

thank goodness the lads were wearing sponsored kit for the photos!!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2014, 21:45   #48

My idea is that the accused meet the team and management to face the wrath and then have to take part in a hard training session lasting at least one and an half hour that involves all the players.. that will certainly teach them lesson as all they will be getting is a slap on the wrist
angeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 01:15   #49
God Member

Amazes me how companies like Sky Bet can buy their way into the hearts of fans and players alike.

Last edited by shakermaker; 23-08-2014 at 01:23.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 07:08   #50
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Amazes me how companies like Sky Bet can buy their way into the hearts of fans and players alike.
Hardly "buying their way into our hearts and minds". They simply stepped up to the mark and replaced the boots for which we are duly grateful. Obviously the publicity won't do them any harm, but I doubt if any of us will be rushing to open up Skybet accounts. If you're so bothered, perhaps you should've organised some new boots?
Old 23-08-2014, 07:27   #51
Full Member+

did the players tell them which boots they wanted, or did they replace the ones stolen
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 07:51   #52
God Member

Any chance of the cowshed being nicked and a construction company stepping up
AccyMad, sparkie, sherry and 3 others like this.
Old 23-08-2014, 07:53   #53
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Yer post amazes me Shaker, yeh usually talk sense.
Old 23-08-2014, 08:00   #54
Resting in Peace

Talking Re: Break in at the club.

Must be an anti corporate lefty. Probably anti fracking too!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 08:37   #55
God Member

Oo'er. It's great that the players have boots again and haven't had to fork out for them. That's all that matters at the end of the day. But, the actions of betting companies across sport - making themselves appear as 'friends' of clubs, supporters and fans - leaves a bitter taste. These behemoth companies have such a destructive influence and, yes, it amazes me - not how fans and players receive their gifts (who wouldn't) - but the brass neck of the companies to put themselves out there in this manner. And, the large measures of Jim Beam's Devil Cut may have helped carve a post without much reasoning to it
So no, not a lefty chant of corporate greed (I'd call it an idealogical crusade ). What's most important is that the players have their gear again. Apologies if my ill-timed post offended. My one-man-war can wait.
DAV007 likes this.

Last edited by shakermaker; 23-08-2014 at 08:39.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 08:49   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Oo'er. It's great that the players have boots again and haven't had to fork out for them. That's all that matters at the end of the day. But, the actions of betting companies across sport - making themselves appear as 'friends' of clubs, supporters and fans - leaves a bitter taste. These behemoth companies have such a destructive influence and, yes, it amazes me - not how fans and players receive their gifts (who wouldn't) - but the brass neck of the companies to put themselves out there in this manner. And, the large measures of Jim Beam's Devil Cut may have helped carve a post without much reasoning to it
So no, not a lefty chant of corporate greed (I'd call it an idealogical crusade ). What's most important is that the players have their gear again. Apologies if my ill-timed post offended. My one-man-war can wait.
That is all that counts imho, also the fact Mitre are replacing the balls, both club n players aint exactly coining it in,
Old 23-08-2014, 11:40   #57
God Member

It won't be me, Shaker, but wouldn't it be ironic, if not fantastic, if one fan placed one more wager with Skybet and scooped the £250,000 prize for Stanley's transfer fund?
Just think of all the Scouse has-been that would buy for Davo!
AccyMad and DAV007 like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-2014, 13:10   #58
God Member

Great let,s hope we perform in new boots and all will be well.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..