Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-08-2014, 05:12   #1
God Member

Break in at the club.

Scum,as though we can afford this we need to get behind the club on Saturday and urge them to 3 points.
putsinker likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-08-2014, 05:37   #2

Re: Break in at the club.

I've just read the story. It's horrible, what scumbags.
putsinker likes this.
McKayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 07:35   #3
God Member

Flamin scumbags! Must admit when I read what Cashy had posted on the Shrewsbury game thread about the lads playing in borrowed boots I thought he was being sarky about how they'd played - sorry Cashy.
Hope the perpetrators are caught, named & shamed although I doubt that will happen
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 08:00   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Was told one of the lads who played had to train in boots 3 sizes to big on Monday. Thing is though wi our justice, if this thieving scum is caught, it wont pay fer the gear fer our lads will it?
Old 21-08-2014, 08:09   #5
God Member

No, if they do catch the thieves the sentence will probably be a week's 'community service', training with a football league team.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 08:42   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
No, if they do catch the thieves the sentence will probably be a week's 'community service', training with a football league team.
What about starting a fund to help raise cash to replace the boots ,if £500 is donated I'll match it.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 09:06   #7
God Member

Good idea Chubbyman - wouldn't mind helping with a bucket collection on Saturday if the club don't already have one scheduled in for then?
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 09:14   #8
Resting in Peace

Miserable, mindless scrotes. Bring back the birch and I'll gladly administer it to these swines!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 09:21   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
What about starting a fund to help raise cash to replace the boots ,if £500 is donated I'll match it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Good idea Chubbyman - wouldn't mind helping with a bucket collection on Saturday if the club don't already have one scheduled in for then?
That's very generous Chubbyman, but there's a part of me that says although I know the guys aren't PL millionaires, they can probably afford to buy a pair of boots on which they will get tax relief (assuming they are getting paid of course ). And they can presumably claim on their personal insurance. For me, any cash anybody feels like giving should go to the club to help pay for repairs and improved security, though hopefully they too are insured.

But I do agree the scumbags are scumbags
Old 21-08-2014, 10:11   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
That's very generous Chubbyman, but there's a part of me that says although I know the guys aren't PL millionaires, they can probably afford to buy a pair of boots on which they will get tax relief (assuming they are getting paid of course ). And they can presumably claim on their personal insurance. For me, any cash anybody feels like giving should go to the club to help pay for repairs and improved security, though hopefully they too are insured.

But I do agree the scumbags are scumbags
I'm with Chimer on this one. I think collecting for players boots will only be used as the subject of many a joke and not be positive for the club.
Old 21-08-2014, 10:56   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I'm with Chimer on this one. I think collecting for players boots will only be used as the subject of many a joke and not be positive for the club.

What's new? To many other clubs Stanley are one big joke and always will be.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 11:34   #12
Senior Member+

where was cashman when this incident took place?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 11:59   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
where was cashman when this incident took place?
Don't think he's a scouser
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 12:14   #14
Senior Member+

exactly, so he must be suspect
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 12:17   #15
God Member

Just a pity Stanley's kit is sponsored by Mitre, one firm that no longer seems to make boots.
It would be nice to think that this will be the last bit of bad luck for a while.
Missing a last minute penalty, conceding two goals from handballs, having a keeper sent off for being barged in the back, and now this is more than enough for a season, never mind a week.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..