Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2018, 19:35   #16
God Member

Re: Brew's Match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Never a penalty in a million years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpson View Post
Standing 10 yards from it, I didn’t even appeal for a penalty, it was that poor.
Looking at the video 'highlights', if the ref hadn't given a penalty I suspect there would have been quite a few claiming Stanley were robbed.
monkey hanger likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-09-2018, 19:52   #17
Full Member+

Over all we wouldn't have deserved to win. Over the 90 mins there was not much between the two teams. we could have had two in the first 10 mins after that they were on top and scored. It was not until the last 20 mins that we burst into life. The new player Coley played did quite well. I would like to see them play a couple of games as they looked to have the experience we need. Ross and Callum made some mistakes that were simply down to inexperience. We could have nicked the game at the death but their keeper made a great save at point blank. We go again next week. We still have not settled on our best 11 yet.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 00:52   #18

I think we are close to knowing our best 11 Chris:
Ripley, Johnson, Sykes, Richards Everton or Hughes,, anderton, Clark, Seany, Zanzala, Hall.

The other question is our best midfield: Finley, Seanus, or the new lad.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:21   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Few of the new lads on now, be interesting to see how they fare, hope someone will mention after game,
the new lads changed the game for me. burton seemed to be strolling onto 3 points and there introduction gained us a point. pity we did not start with a more attacking formation as when we did they looked really ragged for the only time in the game. yesterday it was one point gained unlike the previous week where it was two points lost.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:26   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post

Ref poor. Never a penalty in a million years.
ref poor. i actually thought he had a decent game. did not fall for some of their players theatricals and handled the ross sykes yellow card incident especially well. gave himself time to decide his actions as some would have got the red out wrongly straight away.
chevyfire likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:35   #21
God Member

Last seasons success was built on a fast flowing passing game with Kee in the hole and Jackson,s to die for pace why Coley is persisting with Kee starting in his ineffective lone role up front only he knows, with the change of shape and the introduction of the new lads we suddenly had some pace Kee in the hole passing subliminally in to 2 willing front runners quick mention for Barlaser lovely little turn that left his marker bamboozled and a great weighted pass for Clark,s great cross that resulted in the save of the match.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:04   #22
Full Member+

A well won pen drawing the contact to trip him.

Stanley played okay apart from the middle 65 mins...
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 17:07   #23

I might have been too harsh on the ref. Apart from the pen there was the mystery of the first half injury time and I think they should have had a pen first half for a trip in the box...but apart from that maybe he was ok.

Barlaser - I thought he looked very dodgy at first. Poor passing. Hopefully his later touches are more indicative of what’s to come. Didn’t really think Finley had such a good game yesterday, but at least we have options there at last. Brown not good enough to be a regular starter.

The big difference for me is that we are great down the wings providing there’s movement up front. Zanzala and Hall look to give us this.

I really like Sykes. I reckon he’s going to get a lot better too.

Hughes I’m still not sure about. He’s a complete rock at times, makes some fantastic blocks... but we are going to play better teams than we have played so far. Is he quick enough?

Think we’ve seen enough to know we are too good to go down and if we get the formula right (tear em apart down the wings, run em ragged up front and be solid enough elsewhere) then we could do really well. Got strength in depth too.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 17:25   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think the main thing in Div1 is yeh gotta be more clinical. we have made the chances early doors to have probably won quite a few games, yet we gone behind and guts and teamwork have managed to get us a point?
KiTChener and chevyfire like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..