Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2004, 14:19   #16

Re: Brian Clough RIP

I think there should, on a lighter note, be a vote to determine who is "the least anonymous person on this messageboard". Could be a few contenders.
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2004, 16:42   #17

R.I.P the great Brian Clough
:engsmil: 4-4-2 is the future :engsmil:
Old 22-09-2004, 22:47   #18
Senior Member+

I agree with Bagpuss and if you want to take all my Karma points go ahead Brian Clough said.....On national television "it’s got to be said they were drunk and they killed their own." 96 people died at hillsbrough, It clearly ignores the evidence detailed in the
Taylor report, and Scraton’s study, which both show that the late arrival of ticketless fans was not a contributory factor to the disaster. More importantly, Clough’s opinion was offensive, dismissive and alienating to the families affected by the tragedy, and Clough was such a great man that to just to sell his book he made comments like that. Just for the record the comments were made before the funerals of most of the 96 that died, come to think if Clough had posted them on here Kipax could have taken his Karma points!

Old 22-09-2004, 23:10   #19
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
That would be me bagpuss and I presumed if I left a comment then it would show who had left it... If you had posted your moans about the bloke 15 minutes later then at least it wouldnt have been on the day of his death...

We all make mistakes in life but the worse thing that can happen to us is to die.. I feel the day someone dies is the day you either give your condolances or say nothing... Moan about him after the funaral. or after the day he died.. but not on the day..... not the day he dies.. thats just sick IN MY OPINION.

Thats why I took the karma and I really did think it would show you who took it if i left that comment. I am probably the least anonymous person on this messageboard.. I thought I would make my point to you privatly in that way rather than publicly and start an argumant..

I have taken it off two poeple in the accystanley area... one for slagging off england and st georges day.. and one for having a pop at brian clough on the day he died instead of waiting...

And guess what.. I stand by both and couldnt give a toss what you or anyone else thinks of that.. happy ? well I am
And Mr Kipax I stand by my comments that I lost respect for Mr Clough a long time ago, I didn't make a joke about his death or slag him off as you attemped to do to me. As I said the man was a great manager and my sympathies go to his family, remember Nigel Clough was an ex Liverpool player.
You perhaps are not aware of his comments or how his words upset a great many people and still do, I'm guessing that you haven't read his book but you will be aware after reading Bazf's post of what was said.
Maybe in future you should read posts twice before condeming them "for having a pop", which I did not at Brian Clough.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 22-09-2004, 23:42   #20
God Member

I am NOT arguing that what he said was right or wrong.. I commented on your timing.. the guy just died.. If niether of you can see my point then fair enough.. but try not to twist my words.. I never said what he did was right..

as for you bazf.. you totally missed my point.. I took the karma points as a private way (or so i thought) of showing him i thought the timing of his moan was off... Your having the same moan but NOT on the day he died.. so why would I want to complain? my complaint isnt about what he did.. it was about bagpuss raking it up on such a sad day

please explain what part of that your not following?
Old 22-09-2004, 23:48   #21
Senior Member+

I have taken it off two poeple in the accystanley area... one for slagging off england and st georges day.. and one for having a pop at brian clough on the day he died instead of waiting...

And guess what.. I stand by both and couldnt give a toss what you or anyone else thinks of that.. happy ? well I am

Just for the record the comments were made before the funerals of most of the 96 that died,
Probably the part I am not following is double standards

Old 22-09-2004, 23:57   #22
God Member

I will say again as you obviously either ignored or didnt bother to read...

TWO WRONGS DONT MAKE A RIGHT
I DONT AGREE WITH WHAT HE DID
MY COMMENTS WHERE ABOUT BAGPUSS TIMING.

I ask again.. what part of that is causing you so much confusion that you decide to have a go at me? I didnt like his timing so I let him know...now your going on and on about what clough did... OK WE KNOW HE DID WRONG... whats wrong with you fella? I ahve NEVER said otherwise.. I didnt think much of complaining about it on the day he died.. I thought the day before or the day aftre but not on the day

Let me know when the penny drops?
Old 23-09-2004, 00:21   #23
Senior Member+

Why's it disrespectful to his family......

the'yre not on this forum are they??????? Is it Fearon in Disguise? Is that "accystankev" bloke really Nigel Clough?

RIP Old Big Ed

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 23-09-2004, 00:22   #24
Senior Member+

If I knew how to steal your karma points I'd steal everyones for NO REASON apart from it'd make me laugh

Alternatively, Bagpuss if you want some points take mine, I'm full up.

Jase

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 23-09-2004, 00:26   #25
God Member

Who says its dissrespectfull to his family? Who is even talking about his family? Not me..I couldnt give a toss about them..

I am talking about common decency.. whatever he has done wrong. the day of his death isnt the time to drag it up.. thats my opinion..
Old 23-09-2004, 00:33   #26
Senior Member+

Ok maybe because I was at Hillsbrough, sitting in the stands not trapped in pen3 at the Leppings Lane end, I have a different prespective about people who make money out of disaster, it must make it ok to disagree with his comments when hes alive but please dont say anything about him when he dies that would be so wrong, be honest if you disagree with him when hes alive say the same thing when hes dead. Saying it on the day he dies doesnt in my opinion make it sick it makes it honest.

Old 23-09-2004, 00:39   #27
God Member

Oh for crying out loud.. your being a drama queen now.. who on earth says you shouldnt knock him when he is dead?. Whats the point of twisting and changing what I have clearly said?
Old 23-09-2004, 02:26   #28
Senior Member+

Because what ever I say you will never agree or listen to another side of a story,also if being a drama queen is the fact that I witnessed something I didnt want to well so be it but please dont belittle what happened that day, 96 people died and good old Brian Clough made money off it, and before you say you didnt look at your own posts.

Old 23-09-2004, 07:27   #29
God Member

bazf.. dont insult my intelligence.. not enough that you twist my words.. now our sayin I am bellitleing that event.. all this because i thought bagpuss comments where badly timed... your too pig headed to understand that his is my one and only point .. your making a fool of yourself by accusing me of every thing you can think of rather than have the guts to admit you got it wrong .. your last accusaton is pathetic.. at no point have I done anything but state i thought bagpuss comments where ill timed... now look what your accusing me of...
Old 23-09-2004, 19:55   #30
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
bazf.. dont insult my intelligence.. not enough that you twist my words.. now our sayin I am bellitleing that event.. all this because i thought bagpuss comments where badly timed... your too pig headed to understand that his is my one and only point .. your making a fool of yourself by accusing me of every thing you can think of rather than have the guts to admit you got it wrong .. your last accusaton is pathetic.. at no point have I done anything but state i thought bagpuss comments where ill timed... now look what your accusing me of...
I've tried to be diplomatic in this thread but I'm afraid Mr Kipax your arguement for the 15 minutes you say I should have waited before offering my sympathies to his family and giving my opinion of Mr Clough just wouldn't have been enough for you.

You started this thread maybe hoping for people to leave a small message of condolence and maybe a tribute to the late Brian Clough. Just because myself and Bazf and a few others who sent PM's don't agree with you that he was a great man you are in my opinion now resorting to insulting forum members.

Nobody is twisting your words and nobody is insulting your inteligence so for the memory of the 96 and for Brian Clough lets just leave it alone and agree to differ.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..