Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2016, 11:46   #16

Re: Bristol Rovers Match

Thought the keeper played well for Stanley very competent
monkey hanger likes this.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-01-2016, 12:03   #17
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
These lads deserve 3000 home supporters with this standard of performance.
Best way of advertising is word of mouth! If everyone gets telling everyone at work, neighbours, school how good we are, It can't be long before we're getting 2000 home fans!

With Rovers slipping why not try and pusuade a Rovers fan you know to come to a game?...The sooner we get new fans into the ground on match days the sooner they'll get the "Stanley Bug"
Old 31-01-2016, 13:19   #18
Senior Member+

Just the goal, but you can watch it in HD:
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2016, 14:09   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Best way of advertising is word of mouth! If everyone gets telling everyone at work, neighbours, school how good we are, It can't be long before we're getting 2000 home fans!

With Rovers slipping why not try and pusuade a Rovers fan you know to come to a game?...The sooner we get new fans into the ground on match days the sooner they'll get the "Stanley Bug"
Whilst I admire your enthusiasm Baldy the 1500+ hardcore level of home support is very welcome and surely will continue to rise along with positive results but more encouraging for me were Mr.Burgesses comments on the future of the club under Mr.Holt and the forthcoming plans for the long-term future and the stadium's plans in the planning stage for redevelopment these I,m sure will secure the club long term and go hand in hand with continually improving on the playing side will hopefully grow a more solid hardcore home support for generation,s to come.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2016, 19:02   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
What a superb football match we had today at The WHAM stadium!
Bristol were a very good side and it took a superb performance and 100% application from Stanley to come out on top!
Every Stanley player came out of the match with credit and you could see on the players faces at the end of the match just how chuffed they were to win and to have played in the style which we are used to seeing.
The pitch held up well but was very slippy in the corners but Stanley still produced some sublime passing football once again. But it was also down to their determination and willingness to play for each other that won the match for us!
Pearson was the best of my MEN OF THE MATCH! He was immense and his efforts to keep the ball in play when attacking in the first half almost resulted in Stanley goals. 99 out of 100 players would just not have bothered to keep the ball live but but he somehow twisted his body to hook the ball back in TWICE!
What a wonderful and very important victory in a match which was a credit to both sides and a great advert for our division!
Excellent support from the ULTRAS today and the atmosphere in the Clayton end was superb!
ON STANLEY ON

I wrote this starter for the Match Thread quickly as soon as I got home from the match as I was dashing out with Mrs Choirboy and our two Choir Girls to Manchester to see "Strictly come Dancing on Tour". We had a great night out and it was all the more enjoyable having seen a superb Stanley performance in the afternoon.
On further reflection, and also having read fellow posters comments and having listened to Coley's post match interview I am still basking in the 'After Glow' of the win against a really good Bristol Rovers side who will, as Coley says, be up there at the end of the season challenging for promotion.
Buzza did well to get the playing surface so good after all the problems recently and it was only in the proximity of the corner flags where the pitch was a bit suspect. Well done and thank you to Buzza!
The boys still managed to play some sublime football and stuck to Coley and Jimmy's mantra of playing the passing game. I looked at the BBC Stats and although Bristol didn't have too many fouls awarded against them I thought that in the first half the centre back called Lockyer and the right back got away with several fouls each on Billy Kee, pushing him in the back and holding him down when climbing for high balls. Billy kept his composure though and eventually got totally on top of them in the second half. Billy had a great game! Crooksy lost the thread slightly in the second half which was summed up by him ballooning a simple chance over the crossbar from six yards out but overall he still had a strong game. Pierro was brilliant...a Terrier all over the park...tackling back and chasing back and he was also very threatening going forward!
Sean Mac worked hard and he has got the 'Football League Fitness' level back into his system. He scored a bit of a lucky goal but neither he or myself are complaining! Sean is getting into the right positions to both make and score goals now! Shay was very busy again in support of Billy and provided us with some super linking play high up the pitch. He helped us to cope with a very efficient Bristol midfield who looked to energise their team going forward as soon as they got posession.
Seamus was like Doctor Who ......'The Master at the Controls', he had a super match too. The defence were pretty solid particularly against the free scoring Taylor who hardly got a look in! Matt Pearson and Joe Wright are building a good relationship and have provided the backbone for our team.
Bucko was brilliant, tackling mercilessly and always getting forward and showing a willingness to shoot on sight!
Brad Halliday was my other contender for Man of the Match just behind Pearson....he was like 'Billy Whizz' up and down the field, taking opponents on high up the pitch and also looking to get his name on the score sheet. Brad looks capable of playing at a much higher level than Division Two....Hopefully WITH US NEXT SEASON!
Sign him up please!
Ross did well in goal and made a couple of important saves when he needed to. He dealt with the pressure of coming in superbly and was justifiably 'Chuffed' to bits at the end of the match with the clean sheet.
Well done Stanley.
ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2016, 20:08   #21
Senior Member+

I, like you choirboy, hope Brad Halliday is released by his parent club and gets signed up by Mr Holt. He was magnificent and everytime he and Piero on the right and Bucko and Sean on the left gave the fullbacks nightmares, or so it seemed, they were double defending them. The Gasheads were saying on their thread that they hope to meet us in the playoffs, I personally hope we get auto promotion and not go through the agony or ecstasy of the play off system.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2016, 21:17   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
And another report in similar vein:
MATCH ANALYSIS AND HIGHLIGHTS: Accrington Stanley 1 Bristol Rovers 0 - Bad day out at the Wham | Bristol Post
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:29   #23

First chance I've had to see them this season as matches down here aren't fitting well with other things. My son, a Leicester City season ticket holder, said he'd take me to Oxford away as a Christmas present but as I can't manage that he found cheap train tickets from Milton Keynes to Accy and said drive up here and we'll go to a home match.
Very impressed with the whole team, thought both Centre Backs and Billy Kee were immense as well as the lads down the wings. Also a mention for Seamus Conneely who I don't think misplaced a pass all afternoon. A great day out in spite of the weather and another convert. On the way back down my son says he'll go to Oxford anyway and if he can find more cheap rail deals when Leicester are away another trip to Accy is on the cards.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:42   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I, like you choirboy, hope Brad Halliday is released by his parent club and gets signed up by Mr Holt.
Why on earth would he swap a career with one of the favourites for promotion to the Premier League for a wage at Stanley? The best we could hope for is another seasons loan, but the bigger clubs usually want to see their star young loanees progress up the league before bringing them home.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:48   #25
God Member

everything that's happened has been said really. I,m pleased with the clean sheet the first at home since the Mansfield game. though matty crooks was a bit off the pace first half and sean was sean. in the second half they upped their game and matt probably helped in seans goal by his run in towards the keeper. wouldn,t be too critical of him missing his chance as the ball came over very quickly and probably got too much on it. their keepers save on seans header seemed he just put a hand up and it hit him. nice not to be looking at my watch every 2 minuites after the goal for once we finished the game stronger than the opposition. 14 games in the next two months will define our season.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 11:25   #26
Senior Member+

just a thought.
before the kick off we sign a centre half,winger and midfielder.
Our CB is man of the match,winger scores and centre mids run the game !!
Shrewd management in my opinion
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 14:37   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Why on earth would he swap a career with one of the favourites for promotion to the Premier League for a wage at Stanley? The best we could hope for is another seasons loan, but the bigger clubs usually want to see their star young loanees progress up the league before bringing them home.
The only way I could see him leaving his current club is that he wants 1st team football and cannot break into the current side. Pie in the sky stuff i realise, but we can all dream now and again, can't we?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..