Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree70Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2019, 21:32   #61
God Member

Re: Bristol Rovers Match Thread (A)

..and still I ask, whats with the keepers colour clash strip??
Accrington Web
Old 08-09-2019, 06:28   #62
Full Member+

for what it’s worth, I thought Seamus was lucky not to be sent off for his first yellow.
Studs were up and he was very late.
From the other angle where I was stood opposite the cameras, for his 2nd yellow there was a lot more shirt tugging than it looks on the highlights. Stopping a counter attack deliberately like that always warrants a yellow, just as their player received a short while after for stopping ours in a similar position.
Strange that the Bristol fans were taunting Evtimov, I thought their first 2 goals were both our left backs fault, which is frustrating as he’s been given the opportunity to replace Maguire, and although in my view slightly better, hasn’t really filled me with much confidence. The new lad who came on is a big tall lad who looks physical, just what we need so hopefully he will slot in.
Thought Clark was superb in spells, poor start but once he got his goal it filled him and the team with confidence. When he is at his best it’s so difficult to defend against him. He is a joy to watch with a ball at his feet. My only criticism (perhaps harsh, perhaps due to the expectation of him being one of our best players) is that when we concede a first goal, he never seems to want to have the ball much and influence the game. If the team is playing well, he will step it up but he’s not one to lift the whole team when down in my opinion.
Charles was a threat all game and closed down their defenders quickly, which resulted in Finley’s well taken second game. Finley had a solid came and won the ball with some outstanding tackling, few sloppy passes but that was, I’d imagine, a result of tiredness after virtually covering every blade of grass in the 90mins.
Their 3rd goal was a sensational overhead kick from one of the best strikers in the league. Probably shouldn’t have had the time to do it given how many players we had in the box defender the corner. But hey, the lads showed great character and urgency when we were 3-2 and a man down, ironically playing better football.
We are missing Billy Kee a tremendous amount. Especially with a strikers hold up play.
Pritchard has done enough to deserve his place whilst McConville has been suspended.
Play like that all season and we will be fine.
The exciting prospect is the huge amount of potential in this squad.
John and Jimmy have their work cut out in getting that potential out of the players.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:44   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Thing is with the sending off is it not a booking for pulling a player back? he was already booked and for me it was stupid to risk that booking. he is supposed to have some sense being captain, of coarse certain people will always defend the indefensible.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:47   #64
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thing is with the sending off is it not a booking for pulling a player back? he was already booked and for me it was stupid to risk that booking. he is supposed to have some sense being captain, of coarse certain people will always defend the indefensible.
Silly yes, however let’s look at the bigger picture.
Too many players were out of position, Bristol were counter attacking 4 vs 2.
You’d take a yellow card for that tactical foul all day long.
If their player had ran past him and Seamus hadn’t done something, I am 99% sure they would have scored.
And I know who the blame would be on if that happened.....
Old 08-09-2019, 07:55   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

i am not that sure a goal would have come from it, it was way back, not an immediate threat to me. when your booked already also our captain its not on at all to me.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:56   #66
God Member

Quote:
no i wasn't there but its a blessing he will be banned.
but its only one match for two yellow cards.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:58   #67
God Member

[QUOTE=Simpson;1231523]Great result, would have taken a point before the game.

same for me, but its scoring 3 goals and only getting a point which is either a worry or annoyance which ever way you look at it.
Old 08-09-2019, 07:59   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
but its only one match for two yellow cards.
true but he wouldn't have been left out if he hadn't got it, so to me that means one of our new lads no way would have got a shot.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:00   #69
Full Member+

Quote:
i am not that sure a goal would have come from it, it was way back, not an immediate threat to me. when your booked already also our captain its not on at all to me.
They were counter attacking, we were out of position.
Trust me mate, I was stood right in front of it. They had 4 attackers against our 2 defenders.

Would you rather of conceded a goal or had him sent off??
Genuine question. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:01   #70
Full Member+

Quote:
true but he wouldn't have been left out if he hadn't got it, so to me that means one of our new lads no way would have got a shot.
Let’s also remember, this is someone who has just become a father again.
Someone who, as CLUB CAPTAIN, with responsibility, has put the team before family.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:03   #71
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

sent off defo, but not convinced of a goal bristol rovers aint the greatest team in div 1, also how put team before family? is he not getting paid while suspended? i doubt that.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:06   #72
Full Member+

Quote:
sent off defo, but not convinced of a goal bristol rovers aint the greatest team in div 1, also how put team before family? is he not getting paid while suspended? i doubt that.
Club Offer was there for him to stay at home with newborn.
He wanted to play. Coley wanted him to play.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:14   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

there has always been a bias towards him playing everyone is aware of it.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:27   #74
Full Member+

Quote:
there has always been a bias towards him playing everyone is aware of it.
wouldn’t call picking your better players a bias.
who would you replace him with??
Inspector Morse likes this.
Old 08-09-2019, 08:35   #75

Josh, forgive my ignorance, but do you have a connection to the club outside of being a fan?
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..