Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2012, 15:52   #1
Senior Member+

Bristol Rovers Thread

Chesterfield 0 Barnet 1

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-10-2012, 15:58   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Bristol Rovers Thread

Yes 1-0 FT above Chesterfield

Only four points off play offs with a game in hand.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!

Last edited by Haggis316; 27-10-2012 at 16:02.
Old 27-10-2012, 16:21   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well worth the 3 pts today, Things just cannot improve much cos Barnet won wi 90th min penalty.
Old 27-10-2012, 16:30   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well worth the 3 pts today, Things just cannot improve much cos Barnet won wi 90th min penalty.
They can cos to cap it Sheffield Wednesday won 3-0 at Ipswich.

Old 27-10-2012, 16:38   #5

I would have given Dunbavin Man of the Match again. If there was 1500 today, there was more on Tuesday night!
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 18:02   #6

Thought it was a good performance today - kept possession well and was solid at the back. Thought Miller was very classy on the ball.

One thing I would say is we lacked width on the right with Boco cutting in so much and Deano's talents definitely stronger in his own half.

Thought we may have been better playing Boco through the middle and the likes of Linfield or Chippendale on the right at the expense of Hatfield.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 18:54   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Thought it was a good performance today - kept possession well and was solid at the back. Thought Miller was very classy on the ball.

One thing I would say is we lacked width on the right with Boco cutting in so much and Deano's talents definitely stronger in his own half.

Thought we may have been better playing Boco through the middle and the likes of Linfield or Chippendale on the right at the expense of Hatfield.
Very perceptive, Sam. I was a bit worried at half time as we seemed to have played endlessly sideways without much penetration, but when Boco, Miller and particularly Molyneux got into their stride things began to click very impressively, and it was great to watch. Utter joy for me to get back on the Clayton end after my enforced absence, even if I do have to sit down for the time being. Well done to the Ultras for great support of Leam and the players today.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 19:16   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Glad yeh could make it today redraine n glad the lads could get the 3 pts fer yeh.
Old 27-10-2012, 19:23   #9
Junior Member+

Talking Re: Bristol Rovers Thread

Please excuse our enthusiasm and lack of indepth tactical knowledge but THAT WAS THE BEST GAME WE HAVE SEEN ACCY PLAY EVER !!!
The whole team played with such energy,attack and sheer bl**dy determination from start to finish.They kept possession and short passed
as we haven't seen since against Shrewsbury at home last season (first half that is. They were asleep the second half ) This time they kept up the momentum throughout !

ALL CREDIT TO EVERYBODY CONCERNED!

If Leam is not confirmed as manager next week it must only be because he dosen't want it.

While the award was justified,it really should have been to the whole team who got "man of the match".
(Just in case you think I have ideas that I am "Royalty", I write that "we"
have enjoyed the game on behalf of other family members who have bitten their finger nails to the quick at the match)
The Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 19:32   #10
Senior Member+

Missed the game today,,so no doubt I will be barred from future games till we lose, sam,l am a bit worried that it was Deans 150th game for acci.and you have just realised he's better at defending than attacking lol ,
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 21:22   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Missed the game today,,so no doubt I will be barred from future games till we lose, sam,l am a bit worried that it was Deans 150th game for acci.and you have just realised he's better at defending than attacking lol ,
150 games ! Well done Dean, that's damn good for a 23 year old. All for Stanley as well. Jon has managed just 81 appearances in 3 and a bit seasons for 4 teams! I suspect he'll be looking for a 5th shortly.
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 21:27   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Lobster View Post
150 games ! Well done Dean, that's damn good for a 23 year old. All for Stanley as well. Jon has managed just 81 appearances in 3 and a bit seasons for 4 teams! I suspect he'll be looking for a 5th shortly.
Some of us would like to see him back at one of the original four!
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 21:29   #13
God Member

Have you got your ticket for next week????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2012, 21:48   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post

Definately not just realised :-P

I was more thinking out our options at RB which for me are Deano, Murphy and Lindfield that Deano is the only one not truely comfortable pushing on high up the pitch (although to be fair he did beat his man at least once that I saw)

Obviously with Deano you get the best defensive performance in that position. The thing for me is that if we are playing 4 at the back Id rather have Murphy at RB and Deano in the middle as Murphy offers that bit more going forward.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2012, 12:30   #15
Senior Member+

Only pulling your leg sam !!,agree with most of what you say,but murph is comfotrable on the ball,and the heart of a lion but he just lacks half a yard of pace for full-back when defending.
On previous games there,he trys to counter this by attempting to launch the winger into the crowd!!(see previous seasons games lol).
Still think he will make a good holding player,and has proved this by mom performances at centre back(proccy type role).
looks like leam tinkered with our set up yesterday,by playing how you should in a 4-2-3-1.
I am sorry Sam,but this entails less width and more movement/interchanging,which reading this thread,sounds like what they did.
Another key is the holding players dropping a little deeper to pick the second balls,and by our possession stats,sounds like we controlled this area.
It was the same team(except toto) as cheltenham away,so full credit must go to Leam!!!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..