Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2015, 22:44   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Burton Albion Match Thread........

Well done Stanley and the 919 troops.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-02-2015, 22:45   #47
Senior Member+

Just imagine the commitment of the players if Coley actually had the backing of the Dressing Room!!
shakermaker, BTLawson and DAV007 like this.
Old 24-02-2015, 23:31   #48

Well done again to john and jimmy tactics spot on
At times their ways maybe be unconventional but they fit the make up of the club
Lets get behind them you never know were it might take us!
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 00:00   #49
Full Member+

I heard a Burton fan on his phone walking up Livingstone Road after the match blubbering that "Accrington were sh!te blah blah". Sorry pal but how can a team beat the top of the league and be considered sh!te?
AccyMad and Greeny like this.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 05:11   #50
God Member

Talking Re: Burton Albion Match Thread........

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
I heard a Burton fan on his phone walking up Livingstone Road after the match blubbering that "Accrington were sh!te blah blah". Sorry pal but how can a team beat the top of the league and be considered sh!te?
We were that ****e our keeper had,nt a shot to save what was ****e was the top of the league travelling support roles reversed we would be taking more than that
Burton fans you are ****e
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 06:32   #51
God Member

Congratulations STANLEY. What a wonderful result. Please don't stop now...
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 08:35   #52
Senior Member+

Oops......Quote; Typical STANLEY eh...lose to the next bottom team and then beat the League Leaders.......Of course we drew 1 -1 with Cheltenham on friday,(not lost!)...Shows how disappointed with that result I was!
It's me age thanuzz!

But last night...SUPERB!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 10:04   #53
Senior Member+

Now the dust has settled after last night,have to give a special mention to Joycy.
We didn't have much of the ball in the second half,but his reading of the game and decision making in defending was excellent.
Sometimes it goes un-noticed,but time and time he forced them to go sideways and back without committing himself,very disciplined and captains performance.
AccyMad, baldy, Redraine and 2 others like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 10:34   #54

I think Luke Joyce is a great ambassador and captain for Accrington Stanley
Leads by example great role model
Always as a chat in the Crown after
baldy, Revived Red, yonmon and 1 others like this.
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 15:57   #55

I've just watched the highlights of last nights game and it was just 4 and a half minutes long but I think we are getting carried away if we are convinced we are a promotion chasing team.

They may not have had any shots on goal but the two I saw of ours were the goal, which seemed to go through the keeper and the long range shot from Naismith which didn't really trouble their keeper. Other than that the Football League stats show we had 4 shots off target to their 11 and 3 corners to their 7 so on a different night it could easilly have went the other way. However the stats and highlights don't show the good work that we may have done to restrict them to what they got and it didn't show the episode with Crooks although the radio had him through on goal then turning back and heading in the opposite direction.

We are getting good at taking the points off the top teams but often undo it by dropping points against the bottom teams so perhaps we need to adjust our tacticts against them. We could also do with scoring a few goals to improve the goal difference as that could hold us back in any challenge for the playoffs. I'd hate to think what might happen if we lose Gornell to injury for any length of time.

Enough of the realism now. That was a great 3 points and well done all round. Now lets keep it going in the next match and beyond as we have seen that we can do it if we put our minds to it. All it takes is a decent keeper, solid defence and midfield and a proper striker up front .
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 16:25   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
I've just watched the highlights of last nights game and it was just 4 and a half minutes long but I think we are getting carried away if we are convinced we are a promotion chasing team.

They may not have had any shots on goal but the two I saw of ours were the goal, which seemed to go through the keeper and the long range shot from Naismith which didn't really trouble their keeper. Other than that the Football League stats show we had 4 shots off target to their 11 and 3 corners to their 7 so on a different night it could easilly have went the other way. However the stats and highlights don't show the good work that we may have done to restrict them to what they got and it didn't show the episode with Crooks although the radio had him through on goal then turning back and heading in the opposite direction.

We are getting good at taking the points off the top teams but often undo it by dropping points against the bottom teams so perhaps we need to adjust our tacticts against them. We could also do with scoring a few goals to improve the goal difference as that could hold us back in any challenge for the playoffs. I'd hate to think what might happen if we lose Gornell to injury for any length of time.

Enough of the realism now. That was a great 3 points and well done all round. Now lets keep it going in the next match and beyond as we have seen that we can do it if we put our minds to it. All it takes is a decent keeper, solid defence and midfield and a proper striker up front .

We signed a proper striker yesterday.......Long live King Coley (I bet Dav likes this)
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 16:29   #57
Senior Member+

From my perch in the Main Stand, having had fun winding a couple of Burton's Directors up, and boy did they deserve it with their utterly biased comments !....and then having my suggestion that Stanley's playing formation was actually 3-4-1-1-1 with a rotating back four well and truly poo-poohed by F19 ( Who really should know better !). My night was one tinged with disappointment !.
It seemed so hard to understand why, as I watched the Reds do so well to beat a very well-drilled bunch of Brewers, in a most entertaining game, the number watching was so sparse,
( Although the free Meat Pie and Half-time brigade in the Director's area appeared to have increased somewhat !).
Granted the Ewood stiffs were putting on some kind of effort whilst waving goodbye to any vague notion of making the Championship playoffs !, but for the gate to sink below the 1K mark was beyond belief !....Billy Casper's reaction was "well I expect we'll just have to live with it !"... and the more one views the week by week attendance figures it might prove to be so....and there just does not seem to be an answer to the situation !...or is there ??.
Ideas please ?..
In the meantime, well done the Reds !!...Luton and Shrewsbury next !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 16:30   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
We signed a proper striker yesterday.......Long live King Coley (I bet Dav likes this)
Keep the faith and believe only work so much
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2015, 17:05   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
(Snip) but for the gate to sink below the 1K mark was beyond belief !....Billy Casper's reaction was "well I expect we'll just have to live with it !"... and the more one views the week by week attendance figures it might prove to be so....and there just does not seem to be an answer to the situation !...or is there ??.
Ideas please ?..
In the meantime, well done the Reds !!...Luton and Shrewsbury next !
There seems to be a pattern - a good result (Southend away) attracts a (comparatively) reasonable home following to watch a disappointment (Cheltenham) resulting in a sharp drop for the next home game (Burton) - I've noticed this quite often over the years. Perhaps the good results produce over-confidence in the team as well as over-optimistic expectation amongst the fans.

But even the run to the play-offs didn't produce the gates we might have expected and that side deserved ........
Old 25-02-2015, 17:46   #60
Senior Member+

Don't think anyone is getting carried away with our recent form.
The main aim is to avoid relegation and were on course to do that.
I didn't get too down hearted when we lost 5 on the spin as I genuinely felt felt we would get the FA cup out of our system.
Look at Cambridge,not won in 13 since the utd game,it happens.
Keeping it real,burton are top of the league,was unbeaten since November and scoring for fun.
We have lost two top players in Tom and Jonno,plus Hunty was injured, but coley still worked out how to get the points.
That's far more important than the performance,which was more gritty than pretty due to the fact their a damn good team and by far the best team I've seen this season.
Just goes to show how well we played
KTF
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..