Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-02-2015, 09:43   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Burton Albion Match Thread........

For my money young Crooks is being treated like crap by Coleman, He was resigned saying he tried him once as a striker, lies he played him quite a few games as a striker, everyone watching could tell after a couple of outings it was not his position, But no our pig headed manager continued him up front. Then on tuesday night brings him on AGAIN as a striker.Completely unfair on a kid who apart from Coleman never has been a striker, The lad was clean through again on tuesday night and made a complete balls up of it. was a great result thanks to the lads on the pitch.
yerself likes this.
Old 26-02-2015, 11:32   #62
Senior Member+

Welcome back Cashy!, but 100 plus words critising coley and crooked and 11 praising the lads is a little unbalanced!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2015, 11:37   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Welcome back Cashy!, but 100 plus words critising coley and crooked and 11 praising the lads is a little unbalanced!!
I aint criticizing Crooks i feel sorry fer the lad, a lot what stand near me do though, ask yerself why? as far as i'm concerned not the lads fault, criticize were its due is what ive done simple as.i aint back permanent, just borrowing a computer, lol
Old 26-02-2015, 11:58   #64
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
For my money young Crooks is being treated like crap by Coleman, He was resigned saying he tried him once as a striker, lies he played him quite a few games as a striker, everyone watching could tell after a couple of outings it was not his position, But no our pig headed manager continued him up front. Then on tuesday night brings him on AGAIN as a striker.Completely unfair on a kid who apart from Coleman never has been a striker, The lad was clean through again on tuesday night and made a complete balls up of it. was a great result thanks to the lads on the pitch.
Actually, Cashy, I was convinced Coley was bringing Crooks on to bolster the defence, especially as Burton had just brought on a huge c.f. Amazed when I saw him struggling up front! Before I'm accused of being a hater by the usual suspects I always join in with the Clayton End chorus of "Johhny Coleman football genius" at full time. But only when we win! After all, every genius is flawed.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2015, 12:27   #65
Senior Member+

Spot on Redraine,for me he was brought on to defend from the front not to get us a goal !
He did ok as well defending corners and set pieces.
Was told he's got good composure and when he went through and was run down he did well to retain possession,fair play to the lad
Old 26-02-2015, 12:36   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

before he was closed down the chance was there to let a shot go, everyone around us said that. the games all about chances n a forward takes em.
Old 26-02-2015, 12:51   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
before he was closed down the chance was there to let a shot go, everyone around us said that. the games all about chances n a forward takes em.
I must admit I tried to shoot for him but kicked the seat in front of me !!!
cashman likes this.
Old 27-02-2015, 19:50   #68
Senior Member+

Agree with F19, If Terry Gornell doesn't get injured, Crooks doesn't come on up front, But he was the only option IMO to play up top and hold the ball up!
Oldgobbin likes this.
Old 27-02-2015, 20:13   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
Agree with F19, If Terry Gornell doesn't get injured, Crooks doesn't come on up front, But he was the only option IMO to play up top and hold the ball up!
Seen some drivel written on this forum but this one tops the lot. A non-scoring centre forward as part of a cunning Coalman plan!?!?!?

Please someone make them stop
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2015, 20:13   #70

Quote:
If Crooks up front is our back up plan for our main striker being injured then I despair.

For those who haven't noticed, he isn't a striker and couldn't score goals last time we tried it and there is nothing I have seen to show that will change. I hope he does and makes those of us who say he couldn't score etc look stupid but as things stand I doubt it.

Give the boy a chance in his proper position.

Last edited by deeayess; 27-02-2015 at 20:18.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2015, 21:43   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
Seen some drivel written on this forum but this one tops the lot. A non-scoring centre forward as part of a cunning Coalman plan!?!?!?

Please someone make them stop
So Terry Gornell goes off injured, You're playing top of the league who haven't lost since November, You have Liddle, Bruna, Dawber, Bowerman, Maguire, or Crooks to bring on, Who do you bring on with 12 minutes to go?

Do we go all out and try and score more goals and risk losing possession with players out of position or do we bring a target man on (who I believe is good at holding it up) when they're on top to take the pressure off our defence and see the game out?

A few times Aldred has gone up front for the last 10 mins in games to try and get an equaliser/winner, nobody mentioned anything then?

I'm not saying Crooks should be used as a striker every week but for that game and situation, for me he was the best option!
Old 27-02-2015, 22:11   #72

And what if we concede a goal with no striker. Do we convince ourselves that a point is a good outcome?
Old 27-02-2015, 22:20   #73
Senior Member+

So you'd suggest bringing Maguire who hasn't been all that great or maybe even Bowerman who last played when?

I'm not saying bring Crooks on every game as a striker, I'm saying I thought and still think he was the best option to bring on upfront at the time, When our defence was under pressure!!
Old 27-02-2015, 22:29   #74

I'm not suggesting anything because I'm not the manager. I'm just saying he isn't a striker and if that's our back up plan then God help us.

What do you think our back up plan should be because I wouldn't rely on crooks for goals nor would I blame him
Old 27-02-2015, 22:47   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
So you'd suggest bringing Maguire who hasn't been all that great or maybe even Bowerman who last played when?

I'm not saying bring Crooks on every game as a striker, I'm saying I thought and still think he was the best option to bring on upfront at the time, When our defence was under pressure!!
Don't want you to think I am being critical in any way baldy, but from what I have seen The West Ham Wundekinder and George Bowerman are just not good enough !!!....James Gray is apparently a little unsteady on his feet, and has much to learn !...and after that, if Terry Gornell is unavailable for any reason then the bottom of the barrel beckons !.
This being the case, unless a proven striker suddenly appears out of the blue ,which I think all would agree,is not really a likelihood . Then the only remaining option it would seem is that someone steps up and plays out of their favoured position !.
This happened on Tuesday and once again HE didn't score. But seemed to do what was expected of him from a team perspective.
He has got a lot going for him, 2 mtrs plus in height, young strong and fit, and I have the feeling that Matt will develop into a useful addition to the squad !.
Looking forward to his inclusion at some point at Luton tomorrow, where he can be assured of my vocal support !
Hope that everyone comes to agree with me on this !
Chimer likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..