Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree66Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-03-2019, 18:59   #46
Full Member+

Re: Burton Albion Thread

Coley was as honest as is possible about the game. However we need points on the board, I am in Cashy's camp about the quality and experience of some of our players. It will be touch and go if we stay up this season. Yet we have played some top teams and won so where does the problem lie? We do seem to struggle when we have enforced breaks. If we play when we should we can go on a run that would see us safe.
KiTChener likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 23-03-2019, 19:11   #47
Senior Member+

You only have to look at the table to realise from position 8 downwards there really isn’t much between sides.
Everyone is capable of beating the other and vice versa. Any team hitting a run of three wins is going to be safe.
Personally I didn’t expect anything from today so I’m not going to get too uptight.
The manner of the defeat mentally worries me more than anything.
The squad is the squad.
We’ve made our bed go to lie in it.
Old 23-03-2019, 19:59   #48
Full Member+

[QUOTE=Chrisr;1225944]Coley was as honest as is possible about the game. However we need points on the board, I am in Cashy's camp about the quality and experience of some of our players. It will be touch and go if we stay up this season. Yet we have played some top teams and won so where does the problem lie? We do seem to struggle when we have enforced breaks. If we play when we s
hould we can go on a run that would see us safe.[/QUOTE

So that's it, it's the dam rain's fault.
Old 23-03-2019, 20:19   #49
God Member

[/QUOTE

So that's it, it's the dam rain's fault.[/QUOTE]

Lets put that over to Somerset for an answer
Old 23-03-2019, 20:34   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Coley was as honest as is possible about the game. However we need points on the board, I am in Cashy's camp about the quality and experience of some of our players. It will be touch and go if we stay up this season. Yet we have played some top teams and won so where does the problem lie? We do seem to struggle when we have enforced breaks. If we play when we should we can go on a run that would see us safe.
So, who in your view isn't up to League One standard (from our starting XI today)? In my opinion only Maxted isn't up to standard for a couple of reasons and arguably Brown...
Old 23-03-2019, 20:36   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
So, who in your view isn't up to League One standard (from our starting XI today)? In my opinion only Maxted isn't up to standard for a couple of reasons and arguably Brown...
Incidentally - apart from young Savin I don't think any of our 7 subs today are L1 standard
Old 23-03-2019, 20:58   #52

How many times did we lose the ball in midfield I like Barlaser but we'll under par today.
Old 23-03-2019, 21:02   #53
God Member

[QUOTE=ferret man;1225946]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Coley was as honest as is possible about the game. However we need points on the board, I am in Cashy's camp about the quality and experience of some of our players. It will be touch and go if we stay up this season. Yet we have played some top teams and won so where does the problem lie? We do seem to struggle when we have enforced breaks. If we play when we s
hould we can go on a run that would see us safe.[/QUOTE

So that's it, it's the dam rain's fault.
No, but we never play well after an enforced break - don't know why but it certainly doesn't do us any good
Old 24-03-2019, 08:38   #54
God Member

Looking at the goals conceded from open play yesterday Maxted poor with the first the others centre halfs cut wide open Hughes if tested for pace is lacking not sure if Rodgers best position is in the centre yes we are missing young Sykes but also haven't looked as solid at the back since Ripley and Ihewie both left, also problems with loaning players in unless you have them for the season you have another settling in period for the new intake has to have an impact last year it propelled us upwards this year the opposite.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 24-03-2019, 11:59   #55

It's all well and good blaming the defense but if you went andyd the blame came from midfield getting caught out for 3 of the goal. One of them a loan player ?
Old 24-03-2019, 12:50   #56

For me no one comes out of the game with credit nor does anyone come out of it absolved of blame. Whether that be attack, defence or midfield.

We didn’t deserve the 2-0 lead, Burton only really had a wobbly 5 min spel whereby we could have scored 3.

After that Burton were head and shoulders above us sadly. There was only going to be 1 winner once it went 2-2. Still would have been interesting if Billy scored his chance at 2-2.

9 games to go, 6 at home. Still convinced we’ll have enough to survive. Pick up 9 points from them 6 at home and we’ll have enough. Fingers crossed.
cashman and Lord Love Rocket like this.
Old 24-03-2019, 13:24   #57
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
It's all well and good blaming the defense but if you went andyd the blame came from midfield getting caught out for 3 of the goal. One of them a loan player ?
We can finally agree , i really like Sam and Dan both really good players but they can not play together, both too attacking minded leaving our midfield open and there attack straight at our defence with no protection.
Old 24-03-2019, 14:59   #58

I'll give you that one AccyNew agree 100% we all need to get behind the lads I know we can do it
Old 25-03-2019, 06:53   #59
Senior Member+

confused why would Brown be replaced by Savin
Old 25-03-2019, 08:20   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
confused why would Brown be replaced by Savin
What are you talking about?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..