Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 17:30   #31
Full Member+

Re: Burton match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thought our keeper should have shouted, Murphy saw him in centre of area, Then Rab moved up behind him n never called.
Sorry Cashy, but was sat in the Main Stand level with that incident and Rachubka clearly shouted "keepers" but Murphy played the ball without even looking

Too many players were ball watching for their second equalizer and although sat at an angle to the free kick for their third, that to me looked like it went straight through Rachubka.

Do we have any idea if Hunt will be fit for Saturday??? If so Leam has to reinstate him as soon as he is. Murphy is a liability. His distribution is woeful. Gets the side in trouble with his decision making and is a weak link in the side.

Also I didn't see much wrong with our disallowed goal and would be interested to see the replays.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-04-2013, 17:51   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Any neutral watching today would without doubt have said Stanley were the side chasing promotion, Deserved to win that un no question, Burton were not at the races until we gifted em just before half time, in fairness there second 2 were good goals, We had a disallowed in which i thought very doubtful? also smashed one against crossbar. overall a great afternoon, wrong result imho.
I had Ceefax on standby and kept flicking it on when it came up 2-1 to Stanley, I was over the moon, next thing it was 2-3 was ecstatic when it ended 3-3, one point is better than none.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 18:05   #33
Senior Member+

Like you Jaysay, I was watching Sky Sports and was ecstatic at 2-1, but at 3-2 to Burton, well, I was screaming for someone in red to stick the ball in the onion bag and hey ho, James Beattie pops in a leveller. Then it was a case of blow the final whistle ref. Anyone of a nervous disposition should not support Accrington Stanley, however, what I would say is, in memory of Jack Barrett, lets keep this team as a football league team and honour the gentleman in some way at the ground or in Accy. Sad to hear of his passing, thoughts are with his family.
smobile likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 18:57   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Like you Jaysay, I was watching Sky Sports and was ecstatic at 2-1, but at 3-2 to Burton, well, I was screaming for someone in red to stick the ball in the onion bag and hey ho, James Beattie pops in a leveller. Then it was a case of blow the final whistle ref. Anyone of a nervous disposition should not support Accrington Stanley, however, what I would say is, in memory of Jack Barrett, lets keep this team as a football league team and honour the gentleman in some way at the ground or in Accy. Sad to hear of his passing, thoughts are with his family.
Already said, I think the main stand should be named after him.
We can't afford a statue, but that is the least we can do.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 19:06   #35
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Sorry Cashy, but was sat in the Main Stand level with that incident and Rachubka clearly shouted "keepers" but Murphy played the ball without even looking

Too many players were ball watching for their second equalizer and although sat at an angle to the free kick for their third, that to me looked like it went straight through Rachubka.

Do we have any idea if Hunt will be fit for Saturday??? If so Leam has to reinstate him as soon as he is. Murphy is a liability. His distribution is woeful. Gets the side in trouble with his decision making and is a weak link in the side.

Also I didn't see much wrong with our disallowed goal and would be interested to see the replays.
Not sure about the disallowed goal. A few on the Whinney hill side thought one of their defenders was playing him onside. But then again one or two thought he was offside.
Bernard Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 19:13   #36
Senior Member+

Well my first two pence worth in a few games.

Agreed with what others have said re: defence, which looked a shambles throughout. No surprise we have conceded the second most goals in the league on that showing. Personally I think Murphy is usually quite steady, but no doubt he was very poor today, though I cant see really see any alternative at the moment with Hunt being injured and Eckersley seeming out of the picture. Rachubka again seemed unsure and looked all over the place which is surprising considering the level he has played at.

Going forward looked a different matter , Linganzi has been a great find along with Molyneux who was quiet by his standards, but really is on another planet compared to the rest on occasion. Great to see Hatfield getting more game time and scoring again, hate to say I told you so. Podge didnt do much and looked knackered after 45 which wasn't a surprise but fair play to him, he scored a wonderful goal. Welcome back podge.

All in all thought a draw was probably a fair result, and its what I would have settled for before the game.

Saturday in a word = MASSIVE !
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 19:17   #37
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
All in all thought a draw was probably a fair result, and its what I would have settled for before the game.
I think if the league had offered Stanley 4 points out the 6 for Easter without playing they would have snapped their hands off.
Old 01-04-2013, 19:29   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
keep it short and sweet,the keeper cost us today.35 yards out,against the wind and it goes straight over his head!,not good enough.
The first,i would again look at the keeper,murphs cut the thro ball out,and is horrified to see the keeper on walkabout ,again,not good enough,if murph doesn't get it,the keeper defo wouldn't,
the team showed great character in coming back,and played/defended really well against the wind.
Settle for a point against a decent team.
jinx !!.
Redraine likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 19:39   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Personally I think Murphy is usually quite steady, but no doubt he was very poor today, though I cant see really see any alternative at the moment with Hunt being injured and Eckersley seeming out of the picture.
Come on , Smudgie. I know you have posted many times that Lindfield isn't a full back, but I would take him every time against Murphy. Man of the match in several games at full back last season. He also easily offers much more going forward than our Jay Bell re-incarnation!
cashman, Revived Red and yonmon like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 22:34   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well my first two pence worth in a few games.

Agreed with what others have said re: defence, which looked a shambles throughout.
Sorry - disagree. I though Tom Aldred in particular had a great game. For me, he was Man of the Match.
cashman and yonmon like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:26   #41
Senior Member+

Agree Revived,Thought we defended really well against the wind,holding a high line and Aldred was excellent.Our problem was Linganzi took a knock early on and couldn't run it off,and in the second half he struggled to go with the runners,hence defenders being pulled around.
Except for the mistake,thought Murph had a decent first half,and had the wide man bottled up,again all about opinions !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:05   #42

IN LEAM I TRUST. I,ve watched ASFC for over 40 years what i cant understand is WHY in every game recently after half time when the opposition brings on substitutes LEAMS two assistants get their heads together and then tell LEAM who to take off as though its compulsory to use subs. Yesterday we were 2 / 1 up at half time and BURTON made some changes so our two assistants got their heads together and brought off LINGANZI who looked injured and WILSON who was not .Within 15 mins we went 2 / 3 down. Also WHY is LINDFIELD always the first player to be brought on h'es nothing special if he was h'ed be in the starting eleven. I'd sooner be where we are than in mid table with COLEMAN BELL or COOK ... IN LEAM WE TRUST ... ON STANLEY ON
kristo1 likes this.
ianray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:10   #43
God Member

you'd rather be threatened by relegation than mid table, in Leam you trust yet you can't understand what he's doing? Struggling to make head nor tail of what you're saying fella!

anyways, I would imagine that Lindfield is usually the first sub on because he offers defensive cover or attacking threat depending which way the game is going? He can go to right back meaning Murphy/Hunt/Winnard can push forward or he can go right midfield meaning Boco can move inside or he can join the line up front.
cashman, Redash and yonmon like this.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:33   #44
Senior Member+

Lets give Leam and his staff a bit of credit,going behind to two mistakes and a jammy deflection to a centre half,he made positive subs,went 3 at the back,and really could have won it,lets be positive,10 points last 5 games,one lost against top of league,KTF
Redraine, cashman and Redash like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 09:50   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Lets give Leam and his staff a bit of credit
More chance of some of these numpties winning the lottery.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..