Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 10:02   #46

Re: Burton match thread

MACCAWOZZAGOD You hardly go games these days i go to all he home games and ive missed about 3 away games , so i do know what im talking about. Hope your dads ok he's a great guy a person i respect .
ianray is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2013, 10:09   #47

FOOTBALL 19 . Listen read my post again ... LEAM is the right man for Stanley, the players he's brought in are top men except the goalkeeper . I liked the BURY keeper better but it was LEAMS decision at the end of the day ...IN LEAM I TRUST... ON STANLEY ON
kristo1 likes this.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:10   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianray View Post
IN LEAM I TRUST. I,ve watched ASFC for over 40 years what i cant understand is WHY in every game recently after half time when the opposition brings on substitutes LEAMS two assistants get their heads together and then tell LEAM who to take off as though its compulsory to use subs. Yesterday we were 2 / 1 up at half time and BURTON made some changes so our two assistants got their heads together and brought off LINGANZI who looked injured and WILSON who was not .Within 15 mins we went 2 / 3 down. Also WHY is LINDFIELD always the first player to be brought on h'es nothing special if he was h'ed be in the starting eleven. I'd sooner be where we are than in mid table with COLEMAN BELL or COOK ... IN LEAM WE TRUST ... ON STANLEY ON
Quote:
MACCAWOZZAGOD You hardly go games these days i go to all he home games and ive missed about 3 away games , so i do know what im talking about. Hope your dads ok he's a great guy a person i respect .
Well yeh must drink a fair bit then n not notice as much as yeh think, It was 1-1 at half time yesterday, n theres sod all clever about playing the i'm a better fan than you these days.
Redash and yonmon like this.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:25   #49
God Member

Quote:
MACCAWOZZAGOD You hardly go games these days i go to all he home games and ive missed about 3 away games , so i do know what im talking about..
and? I dont get what you're trying to say

Quote:
Hope your dads ok he's a great guy a person i respect .
yeah he's good thanks. Doesn't get to many games anymore but follows from afar
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:08   #50
Senior Member+

Ian,my post wasn't directed at anybody in general,just my opinion,just look around at the clubs who changed there managers,doesn't always work since the transfer windows were introduced.It's the ones who hold there nerve that will stay up,and even a defeat at York will make no difference,as the team has another two wins in them,KTF
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 11:35   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
FOOTBALL 19 . Listen read my post again ... LEAM is the right man for Stanley, the players he's brought in are top men except the goalkeeper . I liked the BURY keeper better but it was LEAMS decision at the end of the day ...IN LEAM I TRUST... ON STANLEY ON
I preferred the Bury keeper, but have no idea if it was Leams decision or not, but then i aint as well in as you, to know these things.
Old 02-04-2013, 13:00   #52
Senior Member+

Come on guys...too many opinions of a "Managerial" nature being bandied about. I know that we are all entitled to our opinions but it comes over as negativity that we don't need at the moment. We on the terraces and on the web can all be great managers and referees can't we!? However, we are the AMATEURS and Leam is the PROFESSIONAL. Let him make the decisions and just get behind the management and the team. (We should all just stick to managing on FIFA'13 !!!)
As for the match, I think that at any point during the game we had 9 players better than Burton's and for the majority of the game we "bossed it". We gifted them at least one goal, (possibly two), had one dodgily disallowed but scored some great goals ourselves and we were unlucky not to get another 2 or 3 !!! The score could easily have been 4 - 1, 4 -2 or 5 - 2 to us!! Burton did not look like promotion candidates to me. Symes, who I liked when he was at Stanley, was disappointing and looked lethargic. Billy Kee made a nuisance of himself when he came on though. The keeper, "Time Wasting Tomlinson", was HORRIBLE and the referee should have booked him for his poor behaviour!! The referee was certainly losing it towards the end !!! Tomlinson got his just deserts when he spilled the ball for Beattie to score at the end!!
The real turning point was Amine Linganzi having to go off. Amine has been a revelation and provides the steel and muscle allied with good skill that we have needed in midfield. I thought that Wilson and Moly linked up superbly for the first hour. Both have excellent left feet and of course Moly has that thunderbolt of a shot. Wilson is equipped with a wicked abilty to cross the ball whilst drawing it away from opposing keepers. His corners too are driven in at just the right distance just outside the six yard box. Others have mentioned "errors" but even allowing for that we could have won easily.
Sad to learn about Jack Barrett but the fans were superb in singing his name. Jack is a legend of the highest order.
We need to KEEP THE FAITH, roll on to the next match at York and be POSITIVE, ....and SING AND SUPPORT OUR TEAM. ON STANLEY ON !!!

Last edited by choirboy; 02-04-2013 at 13:05.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 17:18   #53

Macca, Sorry for saying you dont go to many games these days, i know what it costs to go to an away game "a small fortune " . I also know you put your wife and kids first enough said
cashman likes this.
Old 02-04-2013, 21:36   #54
God Member

the goals are up now Accrington 3-3 Burton Albion | Video | Watch TV Show | Sky Sports

tell thi what, had Moly's last minuter gone in that would have been his best yet, looks even better on t'gogglebox than it did from the Clayton End. Worldy
cashman, mab, kristo1 and 1 others like this.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:55   #55
God Member

For what it's worth I don't think Murphy was solely at fault for the first goal. The complete lack of confidence in the keeper encourages defenders to think "I have to get a touch here". Aside from the mix-up I think Pete had a good game - did Maghoma (touted as the best player in the league) pose a threat from open play? Not for me.

The second goal the defence didn't step up as they should - had they done so Diamond would've been well offside.

The 3rd goal Rachubka has to take the blame. How the ball got over his head only he'll know.

In the end a well earned point. Made up for Podge, what a finish.
kristo1 likes this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:47   #56
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
For what it's worth I don't think Murphy was solely at fault for the first goal. The complete lack of confidence in the keeper
O.K. shaker, what do yeh base the fact on,that weve consistently apart from the Wombles conceded more goals all season? Bavs was playing in the main n in fairness having his best season ive seen. I reckon the keeper is only a small factor, our defence has not been very clever fer various reasons all season. injury n Toto are more likely bigger factors to me.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:56   #57
Senior Member+

As always Shaker,pretty much as i saw it,although after watching/freeze framing the second goal,it does look offside,just depends what angle the linesman was at as the excellent Aldred stepped up and left him in.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:09   #58
Senior Member+

numerous reasons Cashy (IMHO).
keepers injury was a big factor,athough a we missed a big centre half who loves defending and heading the ball.
Think Toto just tried to play to much and that created problems for himself,where as Atkinson /hughes and now Aldred are proper defenders.
Imposing central midfielder was always a must,and it looks like Linganzi fits the bill --- then gets injured !!!
Injuries have killed us this year,even now,Jeffers,hunt,Bavs etc...are missing and a few are being patched up.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:16   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I personally dont think Bavs injury is/was a big factor? we were still up top of highest conceded when he was, n that aint blaming him, as i said he was fer me having a damn good season. Hope Lings is fit fer York, he would be a big miss imho
Old 03-04-2013, 12:28   #60
Senior Member+

We seem to be organised at the back,indeed in nine games we have had four clean sheets,despite losing Hunt and Lids for a while,and for me its down to Aldred and linganzi,together with Joycy returning to form,although Wilson is an unsung player,is class in all aspects of his game,and Hunt is solid also.
Makings of a decent team !!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..