Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By Chrisr
  • 1 Post By Chimer
  • 2 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By Lord Stiffupperlip
  • 2 Post By smudgie
  • 1 Post By Reamer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2019, 21:45   #1
Junior Member+

Bury checkarubbish trophy

Looks like no wembley trip this year barring a late season play off surge.
First half fairly even, both team created chances. Second half, bury carved us open going forward and where more clinical. Hughes nearly scored from 2 yards out at 2-2 could have been a different game. None of the squad players particularly stud out for me. The likes of Clark, kee and mcconville created good chances first half. I sure bury in the bigger picture would rather swap places with us l1 and still in fa cup.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
James Cheverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-01-2019, 21:56   #2
Full Member+

Re: Bury checkarubbish trophy

The second half was diabolical. Zen Mohamed was substituted at half time despite having had a decent first half. It was downhill from there. We were unable to cope with the easiest of attacks. the rest of the subs were too late to be effective. It was a good game in many ways but we should have done much better.
mab and monkey hanger like this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 22:44   #3
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Cheverton View Post
Looks like no wembley trip this year barring a late season play off surge.
Good news for AccyMad at least, means her principles won't receive the ultimate test this season
AccyMad likes this.
Old 09-01-2019, 06:09   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Good news for AccyMad at least, means her principles won't receive the ultimate test this season
My thoughts exactly
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 08:04   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
The second half was diabolical. Zen Mohamed was substituted at half time despite having had a decent first half. It was downhill from there. We were unable to cope with the easiest of attacks. the rest of the subs were too late to be effective. It was a good game in many ways but we should have done much better.
We thought Zen was very poor to be honest,and were glad tosee the back of him at half time, the marking by him was very poor, the bury lads were left to run amock. the problemwith his substitution though was " Super Johnny Colemsan" had NO DEFENDERS on the bench, which was pathetic.so he put a winger on for a full back. How many wingers did we finish with on the field? that tome is where the real fault lies.
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Old 09-01-2019, 08:38   #6

The Ju Ju Gods of the FA have spoken;
'Thou shalt have no other cup but me!'
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 09:12   #7
Senior Member+

Must admit I was very disappointed after last night.

Looked like we where cruising after 45 minutes, Clark the best player on the pitch by a mile for me in the first half.

I actually thought both young full back's did ok, considering they hadn't played at this level before. (Wood played against Mansfield agreed). Obviously Coley didn't agree but quite why Clark was shunted to right back I have no idea, as it completely nullified our main attacking threat.

Fair play to Lowe and Bury as soon as they made the subs it completely changed the game. Personally thought Maynard was superb , made the game look easy.

Only positive for me in the second half was Sousa who I thought showed some great touches in his cameo. Would have scored with his first touch if it wasn't for a wonder save from their keeper too.

#annoyed
KiTChener and Chrisr like this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 09:25   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
" had NO DEFENDERS on the bench, which was pathetic.so he put a winger on for a full back. How many wingers did we finish with on the field? that tome is where the real fault lies.
could it have been there was no other defenders to pick from. if i,d seen the team sheet before the game i do not think i,d have bothered turning up. finished the game with 4 wingers on the pitch and really got what we deserved in the end against a more experianced bury side. its not the end of the world but i did think that this could have been our year in the trophy.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 09:29   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
could it have been there was no other defenders to pick from. if i,d seen the team sheet before the game i do not think i,d have bothered turning up. finished the game with 4 wingers on the pitch and really got what we deserved in the end against a more experianced bury side. its not the end of the world but i did think that this could have been our year in the trophy.

Both Ogle (Southport) and Rodgers (Hartlepool) im assuming are out on loan until the end of the season too??
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:07   #10

Conneely would have been better at RB.
There were 2 centre mids on bench.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:41   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Both Ogle (Southport) and Rodgers (Hartlepool) im assuming are out on loan until the end of the season too??
rodgers was only for a month at pools and should be back with us in a week or so. might be classed as one of coleys 3 new signings then.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 11:02   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
Well Zen is from the academy, we must have more than 1 defender in that? otherwise we are gonna be knackered. imho thats if no others were available,
Old 09-01-2019, 15:26   #13
God Member

Anyone know what the starting line-up and subs were last night?
Can't find any gen on it.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 15:48   #14
Full Member+

Starting line-up

Maxted
Mohammed,Richards-Everton,Hughes,Wood
Clark,Brown,Conneely,McConville
Kee,Zanzala

Subs
Savin, Williams, Finley(for Brown), Sousa(on for Wood), Mangan, Mingoia(on for Mohammed), Barlaser
cashman likes this.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..